[Submitted] Known Issues for OnePlus 7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abdulbasithmh software Operations Staff Member OnePlus Bug Hunter Jun 20, 2019

Abdulbasithmh, Jun 20, 2019 :
    Hey everyone,
    We're listing the known issues that we are working for the current stable build on OnePlus 7.

2. Abdulbasithmh software Operations Staff Member OnePlus Bug Hunter Jun 20, 2019

Abdulbasithmh, Jun 20, 2019 :
    Issues reported on the Stable version 190607:
    1. Double tap to wake or tap to wake doesn't work
    2. The fingerprint recognition is quite slow.
    3. Heating and Battery drain issue
    Fixed issues:
    • In settings search bar it shows 90hz refresh rate option
    • Unable to get the accurate images in Nightscape mode
    Fixed issues(next version):
    • My phone is showing wrong time and date, irrespective of switching on/off the automatic time zone.
    Our team is trying to reproduce and fix the reported issues, if you are facing any of the above issues please help us by reporting the same via the newly introduced feedback section in community app or in the forum feedback section, so we can have more valid logs to analyze and fix the issue ASAP.

Thank you

3. AnonymousWP The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 20, 2019

AnonymousWP, Jun 20, 2019 :
    90Hz refresh rate option on the regular 7??? As far as I know, it has a 60Hz display.

Anyway, thanks again for listing those issues publicly.

4. mayank020 Eclair Jun 21, 2019

mayank020, Jun 21, 2019 :
    Please add auto brightness issue also to this list. The display brightness is very slow to respond to the changing surroundings and most of the time it's not what it should really be. It required manual intervention to correct. I've seen many folks complaining about the same in the forums for both 7 and 7 Pro devices.

G_TV95_MeLm likes this.
  5. bidyutguha Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

bidyutguha, Jun 26, 2019 :
    Like apple, Mi all most everyone has their own backup system. like can store important data similar do OnePlus having any facilities. If I loose my phone way to get back my date?? please share.

6. V1560165685313 Gingerbread Jun 26, 2019

V1560165685313, Jun 26, 2019 :
    Dear OnePlus Team,

I purchased OnePlus 7 device on 4th June day of 1st sale. I was very excited as I sold my 6T and purchased 7. But I was dump that I kept so many expectations from you.

Actually I realized that you are working only for OnePlus 7 pro and marketing and supporting that Device only.

We have many issues as highlighted below but nobody is listening to us in open forum of Oneplus. Please let me know that are you still focusing on OnePlus 7 or not interested? So I can sell my device and go back to iPhone.

1. During call, scroll down menu is not working in ,90% cases.

2. During call random touches on screen and sometimes calls are getting on hold, getures on like ghost.

3. Camera so called 48 MP is working worst like 16 MP and not even giving quality of 6T.

4. During night drain should be less than 2% over 8hrs of ideal time but currently it's ,5%/8hs during sleep.

5. pocket mode is missing and Phone random touches takes place while in Pocket.

These are the common issues which are mostly raised by all people in forum but you are not listening to us.

I hope OnePlus is not all about OnePlus 7 pro only.

We are waiting for the new update over 9.5.5 for OnePlus 7 to resolve all above common issues faces by user.

Thanks in advance.

adibor and J1560340898465 like this.
  7. Rachit_ Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

Rachit_, Jun 26, 2019 :
    Hi,

I have two issues and one suggestions with my oneplus 7 bought few days back:

Issues:

1) The proximity sensor ( Whenever I talk to someone the phone seems to be lighting up even though it is near my ear, even it opens different menus and some time calls the other people).

2) When phone is kept in pocket the screen turns on and the fingerprint gets locked. I am unable to find the pocket mode.

Suggestion:

1) Please add auto brightness issue. The display brightness is very slow to respond to the changing surroundings and most of the time it's not what it should really be. It required manual intervention to correct.

Regards..

8. Daniele Andrisani Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

Daniele Andrisani, Jun 26, 2019 :
    I heard a notification sound during call, whenever a notification arrives. Is quite annoying, I think it's a software issue (I didn't find anyone reporting this).

Also, fingerprint sometimes is a lil bit slow.

J1560340898465 likes this.
  9. Akshara Gandavadi Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

10. balabtech Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

balabtech, Jun 26, 2019 :
    Camera:
    Smart Content Detection is not working as expected. doesn't recognise QR Code , even scenes are recognised very slow mostly only portrait mode is identified.

USB 3.1:
    when we connect OnePlus 7 to external monitor through dock it only detect connected monitor not detecting mouse and keyboard.
    I was trying to use the phone as USB.

J1560340898465 likes this.
  11. bhimrajkasekhar Cupcake Jun 27, 2019

bhimrajkasekhar, Jun 27, 2019 :
    when I am getting a call on my phone it automatically turns to be a miss call after ringing for half a second and the person calling me can hear the ring but I am not able to answer the call as it has become a missed call. I have also reset my network settings as suggested by OnePlus customer support but it did not helped. This problem occured after the current update
    please remove this bug and fix it. feeling helpless

moreover when I went to sleep the battery was 61% and when I wake up it was 34% kindly fix the issue.

12. V1560165685313 Gingerbread Jun 27, 2019

V1560165685313, Jun 27, 2019 :
    pocket mode is missing badly and in pocket it's automatic clicks screen and fingerprint always get disabled when you take phone out of pocket.. so bed . not a single update from OnePlus since last 3 weeks to solve some silly software issue

13. HarshKK14 Donut Jun 28, 2019

HarshKK14, Jun 28, 2019 :
    The camera quality is really bad. Nightscape just brightens up the image and completely messes with the sharpness.
    The daylight images are fine as it washes out the warmth and colours. GCam works great here. The dynamic range is great but this results in artificial image and not true to life.

I feel the system laggy and slow sometimes. This is strange and very rare but do face it.

The ram management seems to be agressive. The default settings are normal. I have faced with more with "Gaana" app. Take for eg, I am listening to a song, but pause it for a while to read a document. After 5 mins, the song will restart and not continue from where I left.

14. Pitou88FR Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

Pitou88FR, Jun 28, 2019 :
    Hello ! I detected some issues on the Oneplus 7 with the update 9.5.6

• First the camera is meh, the photo processing need to be reviewed i think

• In slow motion 720p at 480 FPS, the video is sometimes laggy (i have done a wipe cache of the app and of the phone but that not resolve my problem) and apparently there is this bug on the 6 and 6T versions.

• I saw that there are Heating and Batteries issues, i don't see any problems (need to wait maybe to see a difference)

• Finaly there is a typo into the France ROM of Oxygen OS (9.5.6) when i using the battery-saving : "zn fonction" instead of "en fonction"

Thanks in advance to considered theses issues :)
    Regards

15. L1561754330731 Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

L1561754330731, Jun 28, 2019 :
    Hello,
    Thank you for your work.

In my opinion the main problem is system overall smoothness.
    Sometimes there are little lags when using gestures and switching to an app from an another, or mostly when going back to home launcher.
    System is very fast, but it is not so smooth. Like it dropped frames during animations.
    Please fix this issue, for me it's very annoying.

Another bug is with signal line: when I'm browsing in 4g, lot of times I have to wait until it gets signal and loads the page. Didn't happen with the previous phone.

Also I think battery life and camera can be improved.

NEVER SETTLE

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019

16. balabtech Cupcake Jun 29, 2019

balabtech, Jun 29, 2019 :
    I have connected my USB headset to my oneplus 7 via USB C dogle( has USB A, HDMI and USB type c in it) when I connect the USB headset to the dogle OnePlus doesn't recognize it as audio device hence no Audio output

17. YaeBuns Cupcake Jun 29, 2019

YaeBuns, Jun 29, 2019 :
    Hello.

I've definitely noticed that the fingerprint scan is very slow sometimes and really fast other times.
    On a few occasions, it hasn't recognized my finger at all, I'm not sure why. I even tried to set the fingerprints again a few times, making sure the screen is really clean.

I also notice some significant heating during charging (especially if watching videos, of course) and the battery does drain more than I expected (compared with my previous 1+3), even during the night.
    I've seen it drain up to 9 or 10% during 8 hours of sleep.

18. V1560165685313 Gingerbread Jul 1, 2019

V1560165685313, Jul 1, 2019 :
    pocket mode Missing and you are not focusing on that.. I think you are now Making people fool just by taking their money and playing with their emotionas... I hope this is true.

I would like the other people to raisusame concerned multiple times to make OnePlus aware and making than responsibile for the what is missing and to update

19. Y1560274372235 Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

Y1560274372235, Jul 1, 2019 :
    1. my phone hangs and then restarts by itself
    2. sometimes the screen just freezes nothing works on my screen, I have to then use power button.
    3. when I use the side bar to change from ring to vibrate or silent before it used to show on off screen but now a days it doesn't.

20. K1560532568494 Eclair Jul 1, 2019

K1560532568494, Jul 1, 2019 :
    camera shows colors incorrect,,,
    maroon is red, blue is violet white is blue,,,,
    pics in day light comes oversaturated.
    shadows are sometimes crushed
    details are less as compared to other cheaper mobile
    sometimes edge detection of humans is not on point.
    inshort
    quality of pics are hit or miss... Daylight camera is not giving consistent results.