KRACK Attack vulnerability

1. userkens
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2017

userkens , Oct 17, 2017 :
    This is regarding the KRACK Attack vulnerability that potentially affects all devices that uses the WPA2 wireless standard.
    Read more about it here: https://www.krackattacks.com

To OnePlus team,
    Are you guys going to release an update to fix this vulnerability for OnePlus One users? If so, any expected time frame when patch will be release?

Thank you,
    A concerned OPO user.

malgis likes this.
  2. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Oct 17, 2017

Tobikage and The1Lion like this.
  3. Prattech
    Honeycomb Oct 17, 2017

Prattech , Oct 17, 2017 :
    The patch will come with November security update as stated by Google themselves. If OP provide it to OP1/2, Infinitely unlikely, it will not come. My condolences are with our fallen warriors.

4. sciro
    Donut Oct 17, 2017

sciro , Oct 17, 2017 :
    If you use LineageOS, the dev team patched wpa_supplicant and it will be available in the next nightly release for 14.1.

5. The1Lion
    Lollipop Oct 17, 2017

The1Lion , Oct 17, 2017 :
    Most likely only patch anyone will get for those older devices will be via custom ROM's

Baymax and Prattech like this.
  6. gquintana
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2017

gquintana , Oct 19, 2017 :
    Even if it's not fixed, OnePlus should communicate:
    - Which devices will be fixed (and which won't)?
    - When the patch will be available? How to set it up?
    - What are the advised workarounds if there's no patch for your device?

malgis likes this.
  7. malgis
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2017

malgis , Oct 19, 2017 :
    I totally second that. After this much time, there's not even an official announcement on what they are going to do. I've tried to contact the support, but was plainly told to wait and watch the forums (huh?). This is a major vulnerability and it will be a major test of their customer policy. I bought the OPO in 2015, and they absolutely have to support their products for more than two years!

8. mshahmoo
    Gingerbread Oct 19, 2017

mshahmoo , Oct 19, 2017 :
    Your sense of entitlement is astonishing.
    They did as they said on the box. 2 year support.

9. malgis
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2017

malgis , Oct 19, 2017 :
    Somehow I don't remember seeing this on the box. Plus, fixing major issues (or at least giving the users the proper directions) is a matter of honor, and hiding under legalese is not even serious. Time will tell, and I believe they will show they value their customers. And if they don't, well, there are other brands.

galmok likes this.