Lack of development subforums

1. janguv
    Honeycomb Sep 3, 2020

janguv , Sep 3, 2020 :
    So I'm a recent Nord owner, upgrading from an OP3 (and an OP1 before that!) – the reason I go with OP phones is because 3rd party development is catered for and encouraged. But has that changed with the Nord?

I came onto the forums today expecting to see lots of guides and info for rooting/installing Magisk etc etc, but was really surprised to see that the usual subforums for development and 3rd party mods etc wasn't here. How come?

Is that side of things no longer encouraged here?

Obviously, I can always head on over to XDA. But if this phone marks a new direction for the way OP wants to handle dev stuff, I'm not sure if I want to stick with it.

So what's the deal? Is there a delay and I'm just jumping the gun a bit?

bloodlinew likes this.
  2. iamelton
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 4, 2020

iamelton , Sep 4, 2020 :
    its not just this model, but Android world in general.. ever since Google show more and more hostility towards boot loader unlocking and rom flashing stuff.. the space left for custom development is getting squeezed all the time..

janguv likes this.
  3. B_Wrath
    Nougat Sep 4, 2020

B_Wrath , Sep 4, 2020 :
    It's always encouraged here. It's the users who create such threads. But unfortunately, that bunch of users are dwindling.

@dsmonteiro can you create a 3rd party development dub forum Ala other models for the Nord?

janguv likes this.