Lack of Native Support For SONY DualShock 4 Controllers Despite Compatibility Within Android

1. W1544382684316 Cupcake Jul 18, 2019

W1544382684316, Jul 18, 2019 :
    I should preface my statement by saying that this is the only issue that turns me away from this phone. In every considerable way, the OP7 Pro is the cleanest, most value-driven, customizable Android phone on the market.

Before I purchased my OP7 Pro, I did plenty of research about OxygenOS and came to the conclusion that the phone would suit every need that I have as a consumer. One of my favorite things about higher-end devices is the ability to use my DS4 when playing old-school games using emulators. While there has always been some kind of lag, the OP7 Pro doesn't seem to accept my inputs at ALL.

Immediately after noticing this issue, I headed straight to the forums for various tech sites, and still had no luck. I called into OnePlus customer care for assistance, and a very helpful gentleman attempted to assist me. After some time, he began searching the same forums that I had been searching for answers within.

Unfortunately, it seems my request has fallen on deaf ears. With a community like this one, I would hope that at least one other person has noticed this issue. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with OxygenOS vs. Android Pie, since from what I understand the former is a modified version of Android, intended to provide the user with a fully-personal experience.

2. suhantm Honeycomb Jul 18, 2019

3. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jul 18, 2019

KeepTransisting, Jul 18, 2019 :
    Blame Sony not OnePlus or Android. The DualShock 4 doesn't use the standard USB controller button mapping, so it's all screwed up. It requires a mapping config file in the system software to be able to interpret the inputs correctly. Sony Xperia phones have this mapping file, since it's a Sony device. OnePlus would have to reach out to Sony for assistance to fix this, and Sony might not even want them to.