Lack of user respect for hard work caused me to retire from development

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deflemonkid
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2015

deflemonkid , Apr 27, 2015 :
    What point does it prove if neither post gets a like?

2. Antoine Vdb
    KitKat Apr 27, 2015

Antoine Vdb , Apr 27, 2015 :
    Man all "kids" are not disrespectful. And there are also older assholes.. Younger people do not equal "thinking everything is owed to them" and older people doesn't mean "I'm respectful"

Tobikage and Ryan like this.
  3. benluca
    KitKat Apr 27, 2015

benluca , Apr 27, 2015 :
    So essentially, you're whining about your experience because you did not get the feedback and / or attention you were hoping for.

Here's the thing about (real) developers: they don't give a rat's *** about feedback and they don't crave attention, they just "develop". Engineer types, who are driven by the technology, and the task ahead, not by childish motivations and self-serving hope of fond admiration.

Yes, you will come across many jerks and knuckleheads in public forums. If you are thin-skinned enough to allow that faction to control and dictate your own actions, then I'd say you were never a "developer" to begin with. Good luck, here's hoping you can find a more civilized forum and some of the appreciation you were looking for.

mohit310 likes this.
  4. redleema
    KitKat Apr 27, 2015

redleema , Apr 27, 2015 :
    Tbh, I don't give a flying monkey's about who gets what but my response was helluva lot more polite than telling them to 'fook off'.

5. parsa5
    Jelly Bean Apr 27, 2015

parsa5 , Apr 27, 2015 :
    With all due respect, just because you compiled a Rom doesn't really make you a developer. Anyone can compile a Rom. Its not too difficult.

6. alizaidi313
    Froyo Apr 27, 2015

alizaidi313 , Apr 27, 2015 :
    Lol dude it's the Internet. You know how many trolls there are. No offense, but stop being a little girl about it and just do your thing. You know what you've signed up for going on the Internet. Dont expect everyone on this forum to be nice and compassionate

7. ChrisHappens91
    Eclair Apr 27, 2015

ChrisHappens91 , Apr 27, 2015 :
    Its pretty impressive that a 5 year old made a ROM.

8. Waterdroid
    Lollipop Apr 27, 2015

Waterdroid , Apr 27, 2015 :
    I'm disappointed to see this thread starting to take a wrong turn too, which is why I closed it.
    To @a.dickinson.three, I'd like to know whose PM'ed you the 'hate' you've mentioned. Can you hit me up via a Conversation?