lagging 6t

1. Chris1205
    Donut Jul 7, 2020

Chris1205 , Jul 7, 2020 :
    I've had this 6t since the week it came out, so I have found it weird that I have been lagging a lot recently. Especially when I'm watching YouTube, I factory rest it sometimes and it works for a bit. The a week later the same thing happens. I was just wondering if this is just me , or a common issue. Anyone know how to fix this?

gatt_you and AZGARDS like this.
  2. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Jul 7, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 7, 2020 :
    Try optimizing the phone, I also have a 6T and don't experience the issues you have. Although sometimes it can be an app running in the background causing issues.

To Optimize the phone after a Reset, clear your recent apps, also set 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Go through 2 to 3 charge cycles, leave on charge beyond full capacity for a couple of hours. Preferably overnight.

After a few days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life

https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/

Auristic likes this.
  3. FIVEONE
    Froyo Jul 8, 2020

FIVEONE , Jul 8, 2020 :
    have the 6T since lunch and it never lagged on me
    smoothest android experience ever

H1595321347923 likes this.
  4. G_Himanshu_Dhup_Leru
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

G_Himanshu_Dhup_Leru , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Even I am facing issue on the video apps since the update and all the videos be it on facebook, netflix, Amazon prime, Youtube it keeps getting blurred and stops working. What can I do?

5. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 13, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Do a Full Factory Reset

This will restore you to a fresh installation of Android. So you will need to backup your phone.

After Backing up the phone.

Go to Settings,
    System,
    Reset Options,
    Enable Erase Internal Storage.

Then click on the Delete All Data button.

Once done, use the phone for a couple of days without adding apps to check for issues with just the raw fresh OOS only.

Only introduce previous 3rd party apps gradually over 2 weeks to see if any particular app or apps drain the battery

For more info on how to backup your phone, check the solutions here.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/18/how-to-back-up-your-android-phone-before-a-factory-reset/

And here

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-backup-apps-and-other-ways-too-608014/

Auristic likes this.
  6. gatt_you
    Donut Aug 13, 2020

gatt_you , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Is there a way how to solve these issues without a full factory reset ? Mine is a work phone with a lot of information and passwords stored on it. I want to save the headache to get to redo everything again from scratch. It might be more easy to move to another phone and clone it (different brand at this stage as I don't want this to happen again)

My 6T is driving me nuts . Lagging so much that many times the keyboard hangs with many of the keys popped out frozen !! The phone is not even two years old and I don't download any of these social apps

Thanks ahead for any help

7. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 13, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 13, 2020 :
    I have a 6T with none of the issues you experience.

Personally, I have everything Synced to my Google Account, password, emails, photos, docs, apps, contacts, phone and txt logs and much more.

If I ever reset, the only thing I have to update manually is the OnePlus Launcher layout. Everything else just updates automatically with no interaction, other than pressing the Allow button on Google restore and adding back my Google account email address when the phone resets. And then letting the whole lot sync back to the phone.

Auristic likes this.
  8. gatt_you
    Donut Aug 14, 2020

gatt_you , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 14, 2020 :
    From what I read above, the factory reset works for a few days and then our friend reported he is back to square one. So I believe you're lucky mate that you're not experiencing these symptoms. I am reading a lot of similar problems even on other threads.

Does anyone know from where can I see what app is consuming the most RAM ?

Thanks again

9. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 14, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 14, 2020 :
    Go into Settings, System, Developer Options, click on Memory.
    Then select Memory used by Apps.

You can get some further info here.
    https://fossbytes.com/check-ram-usage-android/amp/

You can also try 3rd party Ram monitor apps to see live stats on ram usage.

Auristic likes this.
  10. gatt_you
    Donut Aug 14, 2020

gatt_you , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 14, 2020 :
    Great mate thanks. One question as you seem much more versed than me, is 1.5G of ram usage for Android OS too much ? I'm finding articles saying that it's normally around 1G

1597399527236.jpg

Caomhin likes this.
  11. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 14, 2020

These are my current memory stats

3 Hours

1597400892936.jpg
    And Over a Day.

1597400904900.jpg

gatt_you likes this.
  12. gatt_you
    Donut Aug 14, 2020

Caomhin likes this.
  13. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 14, 2020

So it depends on what apps you have active. You mention you use the phone as a work phone, so you may have a lot of apps being used, switching between them etc. This will use ram, but comparing yours to mine, there isn't that much difference.