Working lagging issue via OnePlus 7T

1. G_Ayush_Bhatia_pIUB , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 22, 2020 :
    i am facing a wierd issue my phone lags when i unlock the phone it takes a few sec and then become Operational but when I restart it it runs smoothly for few houre and again it requires a restart. even application lags

2. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Jan 22, 2020

Gav_W86 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    first try:
    Settings > apps & notifications > show all # apps > oneplus launcher > storage > clear cache (don't clear storage) > reboot

3. G_Ayush_Bhatia_pIUB , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 22, 2020 :
    done will tell you after some time passes and one more thing the battery starts to drain quickly when the phone lags as compared to when it's functioning smoochy

4. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Jan 22, 2020

Gav_W86 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Then it could be a badly behaving app - at that time check in battery use stats in settings to see if anything is using lots of battery.

5. G_Ayush_Bhatia_pIUB , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 22, 2020 :
    it's just instagram that uses most of the battery but it because i use it frequently that's it

6. G_Ayush_Bhatia_pIUB , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 23, 2020 :
    clearing cache of launcher is not working the issue is same any other suggestions?

7. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Jan 23, 2020

Gav_W86 , Jan 23, 2020 :
    Boot the phone into recovery mode and clear the cache.
    1. Power off phone.
    2. Power on phone whilst holding down the volume down button (this takes slightly longer to react than you would expect and after the initial splash screen goes blank for a slightly un-nerving amount of time. But just wait).
    3. Enter the PIN/Password you use to unlock the phone when prompted.
    4. Choose a language.
    5. Choose "Wipe data and cache" (don't worry this is only a path to a submenu, it won't delete your data).
    6. Choose "Wipe cache" (IMPORTANT - MAKE SURE YOU DON'T TAP ERASE EVERYTHING).
    7. It will confirm that you have selected clear cache and ask you to say YES.
    8. When it says success choose "Reboot"
    9. The night after doing this leave the phone on charge overnight.

8. G_Ayush_Bhatia_pIUB , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 23, 2020 :
    leaving the phone overnight won't harm the battery??