Landvo L200G: Shameless OnePlus One Copy – But With LTE!

1. sjraman79
    Jelly Bean Aug 19, 2014

sjraman79 , Aug 19, 2014 :
    [​IMG]

For quite a while now, Chinese manufacturers are getting victims of their own business models now. Next to Xiaomi and Oppo, the OnePlus One is getting copied now as well for quite a while already. The Landvo L200G is just another clone of the OnePlus One. But instead of making yet another cheap clone, Landvo actually invested some time and money here. Their OnePlus One clone is offering 4G LTE support at a price tag of only $106.

Not bad? What can a phone at such a low price offer? Yes, this really is a legitimate question, but let me tell you that the specs are actually quite impressive for the price. You get a powerful Mediatek MT6582 quad-core SoC, 1GB of RAM, 4GB of memory with micro SD expansion and dual SIM support. Of course there are parts as well where money has been saved to keep the price down. Those are the 5-inch 960×540 screen, the 2,000mAh battery and the 5 mega pixel rear camera. They however try to make up for that by using Android 4.4 KitKat.

Source: http://www.gizchina.com/2014/08/18/lte-equipped-landvo-l200g-whats-100-oneplus-one/.
    Source: http://chinamobilemag.com/landvo-l200g-shameless-oneplus-one-copy-lte/

rbagdai likes this.
  2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Aug 19, 2014

biep, ezehelm, VerRawrNica and 8 others like this.
  3. stchad
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 19, 2014

4. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Aug 19, 2014

Hanson Lee , Aug 19, 2014 :
    ''But With LTE''

Dude what the actual ****?

And that name must have been 'inspired' by Lenovo.

5. Deactivated User
    Aug 19, 2014

Reflect Stratos likes this.
  6. sjraman79
    Jelly Bean Aug 19, 2014

sjraman79 , Aug 19, 2014 :

Yes its totally crap, only posted this message is for the copy cat news, so that people will aware lot of bad device running around

7. m1sterj1n
    Honeycomb Aug 19, 2014

John j likes this.
  8. Deyannn
    Froyo Aug 20, 2014

Deyannn , Aug 20, 2014 :
    Specs look ok.

I've fiddled with a number of MediaTek phones
    (Lenovo: A820; S750; P780; S820; A850
    Doogee: DG350 (pretty much the same as Umi X1 Pro and other LTJ-A25 phones)
    And a few tablets.

They are ok for the money - they are cheap and dual sim.
    Processor got enough juice to run your average productivity software (calendar, exchange, vpn, etc., etc.) and video and software networking software and do a good job as a cheap gateway android smartphone (gateway in the same meaning as in gateway drug).
    Some of them do ok with games though nothing spectacular and the best thing is if you use them the way you used a nokia with a flashlight (as a phone only) they can usually last 5-7 days on a 2000mAh battery (yes this is how efficient MediaTek SOCs are).

So Pros for these phones are:
    -Dual sim (really convenient)
    -very low price
    -Battery life
    -the roms and goodies from other MTK
    -they are usually rooted or easy to root with framaroot, etc.
    -MIUI is usually ported easily or quickly

Neutral:
    -usually only 1GB RAM and 4GB ROM which is ok if you don't really use it as a "computer" but there are exceptions like Umi X2 (2GB RAM, 32GB ROM)
    -sometimes they are originally with no Google Apps installed if they are targeted at Chinese market but even in these cases the sellers usually install gapps.
    -you have to fiddle with it to get the best performance, ROM, etc. - this can be a pro for people like me or a con for people who just want a working phone out of the box.
    -build quality varies when purchasing from the smaller brands though usually the big brands are consistent in their build quality (big companies are like Lenovo, ZTE, Huawei)
    -lots of brands to choose from

Cons:
    -Slow
    -usually sub-par camera (though there are exceptions like Lenovo S820) ...well this applies to all the hardware but for this price WYSIWYG
    -no XDA support, no Cyanogenmod (really the deal breaker for me),Omnirom, PA, etc; messy source code in the instances they release it which is not too often, difficult to get your hands on the kernel sources
    -usually the firmware is full of bugs in the beginning
    -slow GPS (usually you have to optimize it for your country and still it loads very slow compared to Qualcomm SOCs but once it gets a signal it works as expected)
    -Warranty is usually just a year and you have to ship it off to China ... similar to our 1+1 phones. The whole process can take 2-3 months so you need a backup phone. But where I am warranty for major brands like Nokia or Samsung or LG can is easily void as the sellers have loopholes to "guess" you've dropped the phone if the repairs are expensive and can hold the device up to 60 days so this isn't too much of a con.
    -You usually have to wait a long time for the phone to arrive from China or HK and you might need to pay further fees to the customs. If you use DHL you don't have to wait so long but the price increases drastically.

So they are ok if you really are after a budget device or in a poor country.
    They have been getting rather popular here in Bulgaria among people who want a smartphone but can't shed more than 150-170 USD for it and want to use 2 sim cards because it's cheaper this way! And they are usually a nicer alternative to Samsung budget phones.

These phones are often slightly better HW wise than say Moto G for it's price and yet Moto G is a better phone all the way!

9. tszki_ng
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 20, 2014

tszki_ng , Aug 20, 2014 :
    wow... never knew OPO is popular enough for other company to copy.

10. margabro
    Jelly Bean Aug 20, 2014

margabro , Aug 20, 2014 :
    for $106 the specs are too good :)

xXUltraGunnerXx likes this.
  11. xXUltraGunnerXx
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2014

12. Patrick Jurkiewicz
    Honeycomb Aug 20, 2014

13. Lowman
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 20, 2014

Lowman , Aug 20, 2014 :
    I have been already using 3 different phones with MTK SoC. They are really ok for the price compared with "leading" brands.
    Right now I am on quadcore 1,5ghz 1gb RAM (I was too hasty since 2gb RAM version came out two weeks after i placed an order) 16gb ROM + SD slot (yes!), 5 inch full HD screen.
    IF it had 2GB of RAM I would NOT be looking for the new phone after 1 year od usage. I am very happy with it, but with all the stuff I do on the phone, it is lagging due to RAM. Disclamer: I do not play 3D games on that phone, I do play tower defences and stuff.
    The phone was 280$ + shipping via DHL for 20$. Shipped in 3 days from China !!!

xXUltraGunnerXx likes this.
  14. benwhut
    Donut Aug 23, 2014

15. Lowman
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 23, 2014

Lowman , Aug 23, 2014 :
    @benwhut it is old model: THL W8 beyond. Here is official store: http://www.thlmobilestore.com/
    Here is THL W8S with 2GB RAM and 32GB ROM http://www.thlmobilestore.com/thl-w...m-32gb-5-0-inch-fhd-screen-13-0mp-camera.html
    On the popular Chinese auction site you will probably find more of those.
    THL is now also using Octa-core MTK SoC, so you will find even more interesting deals.
    The truth is that MTKs are not as good as Snapdragons. However they are definitely good enough to power decent smartphones.
    Let me know if you want more. I can do review of mine THL W8 beyond - I have spent over a year with it. I will be selling it when I finally got my OPO :)

16. benwhut
    Donut Aug 23, 2014

benwhut , Aug 23, 2014 :
    Thanks for the info...

I just ended up buying the Landvo L200G for $111.00 USD. They threw in expedited shipping (4-7 days), tracking and insurance for an extra $3. I've waited 3 months for the OPO and I'm tired of waiting... not to mention I'd like a backup phone anyways to tie me over at times like this. After comparing specs and considering the price, I think the Landvo L200G is a bargain. LTE, MicroSD expansion, Android 4.4.2... decent specs for so little money!

Now it's time to sell my iPhone 5s :)

17. youngchaos
    Jelly Bean Aug 23, 2014

VerRawrNica likes this.
  18. teqnix
    Lollipop Aug 23, 2014

19. Lowman
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 23, 2014

Lowman , Aug 23, 2014 :
    Hope you will enjoy it and will have no problems with it.
    I am not familiar with the brand, so I do not know what the build quality is.
    My T-mobile HTC HD2 clone was dreadful and died before reaching one year of usage as opposite to Lenovo A750 which after one year had no signs of usage whatsoever.

20. addam
    KitKat Aug 23, 2014