LDAC Bluetooth Audio Codec

1. tonarmshq Eclair Nov 28, 2017

Shinomitsu likes this.
  2. Shinomitsu Froyo Nov 28, 2017

Shinomitsu, Nov 28, 2017 :
    Hi,
    I just ordered the OnePlus 5T today.
    As the LDAC codec is now included in Android Oreo, I think the LDAC support should come with the upcomming Android update (tell me if I'm mistaken).

Now what I'm worried about is the fact that while browsing this forum, I found several posts from people on the Beta of Android O reporting bugs with the bluetooth (and more particularly the LDAC function) when using the Sony MDR-1000X or the WH1000X-M2 (and these posts didn't get any answers yet).

As an owner of the Sony MDR-1000X headphones, one of my criterias for choosing the OnePlus 5T was that upcomming Android O update and the support of the LDAC codec and I might consider cancelling my order/returning my phone if there is no support of this codec by the OnePlus teams.

So I will wait Oneplus teams' answer and base my decision on that.

tonarmshq likes this.
  3. textviewOne Gingerbread Nov 28, 2017

textviewOne, Nov 28, 2017 :
    Just ordered sony 1000x as well. I hope that we will have working ldac codec woth official oreo update.

4. tonarmshq Eclair Nov 28, 2017

tonarmshq, Nov 28, 2017 :
    Thank you for the information.
    I wasn't aware of that.
    So I'm hoping for a quick update to Oreo.

5. halvdan Cupcake Nov 30, 2017

halvdan, Nov 30, 2017 :
    I was about to order a OnePlus 5T as it will get Oreo soon and LDAC should be a part of Android Oreo. But now I will wait until LDAC support is verified...

6. Carfs Froyo Dec 9, 2017

Carfs, Dec 9, 2017 :
    Well, beta is beta, but for sure that oneplus will as usual sort it out for the update! And yes, the 1000x are fantastic! It will be great to have Ldac in 5t ;-)

Shinomitsu likes this.
  7. Shinomitsu Froyo Dec 9, 2017

Shinomitsu, Dec 9, 2017 :
    Like you said, beta is beta.

I received my 5T this week, and I have to admit it is beyond my expectations.

I think I'll trust OP on this one and wait for the Oreo update.
    Hopefully, we will get proper LDAC support for this device!

Cheers!

Carfs likes this.
  8. Carfs Froyo Dec 9, 2017

Carfs, Dec 9, 2017 :
    Yeah, we can trust oneplus ;-)
    You'll see, the more you use it - it will really go beyond any expectations :)
    Enjoy!

Shinomitsu likes this.
  9. Carfs Froyo Dec 9, 2017

Carfs, Dec 9, 2017 :
    Yeah, we can trust oneplus ;-)
    You'll see, the more you use it - it will really go beyond any expectations :)
    Enjoy!