LDAC fixed in 10.0.11?

1. chris.walker
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2020

chris.walker , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Can anyone confirm if the issue of not being able to set the LDAC playback quality in Developer Options is fixed in the 10.0.11 update? I heard it was fixed in Open Beta 3, but wondering if that fix has made it into the latest OTA update?

2. chris.walker
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2020

chris.walker , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 16, 2020 :
    So the answer is no, I've just received the 10.0.11 OTA update, and it is STILL not fixed.

How can a simple bug fix that's been there since OB3 STILL not be in the stable release?!

All I want to do is set the best audio quality for LDAC. It shouldn't be this difficult.

3. chris.walker
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

chris.walker , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 6, 2020 :
    ... and here we are on stable OTA 10.0.14 and it's STILL not fixed.

I've read posts from OP8/T users on OOS 11 reporting the same problem, so I guess this is never going to be fixed.

Why can't we set the audio quality for LDAC from a proper setting, rather than having to mess around with a broken Developer Option setting?

4. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Nov 6, 2020

dsmonteiro , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Hi there, LDAC is working perfectly fine here (on the 8 Pro, but it also worked well before on my 7T). You don't need to force it through Developer Settings.

Which headphones are you currently using?

5. chris.walker
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

Not headphones, I'm using the ES100 Mk2 Bluetooth DAC.
    So you're able to set 'Prioritized for Audio Quality' (990kbps) in Developer Options, and the setting sticks when you leave the menu? said:
    Or you're saying there's another way to set the LDAC audio quality without going into Developer Options?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020

6. dsmonteiro

Apologies, I understood you were saying that you weren't able to set LDAC, which is the common complaint here on the forums.

I can confirm I'm able to set 909kbps on my 8 Pro and my 7T, provided I'm connected to my Sony 1000XM2. Are you sure your DAC support a 990kbps bitrate?

chris.walker and BeingIncog like this.
  7. chris.walker
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

Interesting, thanks. Sounds like it's working on Oxygen OS 11 then. Perhaps I just need to wait for OOS11 on my 7T.

Do you still have to do it through Developer Options? I was hoping for a 'proper' setting, e.g. something in the Bluetooth pairing menu where you set 'HD Audio'.

8. dsmonteiro

I updated my message, sorry. It is indeed working with both devices (though I'm not using the stable version on my 7T).

chris.walker likes this.
  9. chris.walker
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

Yes, any device supporting LDAC should support the three standard bitrate settings available. I can get the setting to stick and use 990kbps if I use the workaround - change one of the other Bluetooth settings in Developer Options first, then set 990kbps, then revert the first setting back to normal. Then it sticks - but only until you next connect the Bluetooth device, then you have to go through the whole procedure again.

10. chris.walker
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

I think that's the problem - they fixed it on the 7T back in OB3 months ago, but the fix has never made it into the stable OTA release.

11. dsmonteiro

Having LDAC on, I faced no issues enabling the feature by simply changing the "Prioritized for Audio Quality" option. Once I disconnect the 1000XM2, it does default to adaptive (I believe this is because the Developer Options are not specific to a particular bluetooth device).

chris.walker likes this.
  12. chris.walker
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

Possibly. The Developer Option route is a workaround at best anyway. The option should be properly implemented in Settings. Trouble is, the default 'best effort' bitrate is pretty low, barely as good as standard aptX, which is frustrating when you have a decent DAC. And your can't even switch to aptX HD (which my DAC also supports), because Sony mandates that the enabling of LDAC is made priority and compulsory, where supported, if a manufacturer chooses to implement it in their device, which means you're not allowed to change to a different 'HD' codec!

13. Edithstark
    Froyo Nov 8, 2020

Edithstark , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 8, 2020 :
    Your Bluetooth device should support the settings you are trying to set.
    It is not the problem with the device. It is not sticking to the 990kbs settings since your device doesn't support it may be.

14. colaboy
    Honeycomb May 10, 2021

colaboy , May 10, 2021 :
    Have you got your LDAC working in your 7T?

Am on 11.0.0.2. Can't seem to find it anywhere. Am currently pairing with WF-1000XM3 and it seems to me, LDAC eloped with some other device or runaway, or got kidnapped by 1+.

15. colaboy
    Honeycomb May 10, 2021

colaboy , May 10, 2021 :
    My bad. The WF doesn't support LDAC. Only the WH as per techradar.

My apology for that. 1+ kidnap no one, and definitely not LDAC (for my case).

chris.walker likes this.