Lead with Speed: Announcing the OnePlus 8 Series Online Launch Event

1. TvdB
    Eclair Apr 10, 2020

omendomen likes this.
  2. Cavist
    Eclair Apr 10, 2020

Cavist , Apr 10, 2020 :
    I have bought 7 Pro 8/256Gb last year and I am happy with the phone and was looking to upgrade to OP8 but with this joke prices there is completely no reason to spend so much.
    it is a Chinese brand that started to charge for their phones like Apple or Samsung which is a big no-go for me.
    I have to pay more for inferior screen (camera cutout rather motorised pop up camrea), still no wireless charging in OP8 which again is a joke for 729EUR starting price.

Come on OnePlus, you are getting greedy. You supposed to be a affordable flagship killer, not wallet killer.

3. W1527612739915
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2020

4. Cibisrinivasan
    Cupcake Apr 10, 2020

5. nipunmukhi4
    Cupcake Apr 10, 2020

6. W1527612739915
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2020

W1527612739915 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 10, 2020 :
    I don't think there's any doubt that the 8 Pro model is gling to be about £900 it'll be the regular 8 model that'll be the one to get of you don't want.to pay 900. Which I certainly don't.

U1586513111691 likes this.
  7. MirceaForce
    Eclair Apr 10, 2020

MirceaForce , Apr 10, 2020 :

telephoto lens will be on oneplus 8pro

U1586513111691 likes this.
  8. S.jayanth5445 , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Blue , Apr 10, 2020 :
    in india OnePlus 8 pro will be priced around 55k to 60k
    OnePlus 8 will be priced at 40k. to 45k
    Laat year 37k OnePlus give proper camera setup
    main camera+ wide angle lens and telephoto lens
    this time OnePlus 8 will be budget camera setup
    main camera+wide angle+macro lens

9. omendomen
    Froyo Apr 10, 2020

omendomen , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 10, 2020 :
    If prices are that high on new 8. Then good by OnePlus. 6 has been a good phone. Most of the people I know doesn't want anything more than OnePlus 6, 7 or pixel 3a already have. Of course all reviewers will be delighted no matter how high the price is. Even those using only iPhone. Especially that they getting one for free. So excitement is getting HIGH!!!

W1527612739915 likes this.
  10. luckyjohn666
    Donut Apr 10, 2020

luckyjohn666 , Apr 10, 2020 :
    Why did I buy this One Plus 7 Pro. It is without doubt, unquestionably the worst phone I have ever had the misfortune to own.

When my phone arrived it continually got stuck during the setup phase. Eventually I had to look up online how to do a factory reset to allow the device to setup correctly. Whilst looking for a solution I saw that many, many people had experienced the same problem. Reading through these posts I also discovered that a large percentage of these people had encountered difficulties with One Plus customer services who were described as "shocking" , "terrible" and "non existent". Paying almost £700.00 for a new phone I at least expect it to work out of the box. (I would have expected headphones too). The troublesome setup issue immediately harmed my consumer confidence in One Plus, I mean really what sort of quality control do they have? Perhaps "non existent" like thier customer services. Unprofessional and shoddy.

Now the battery. I appreciate the warp charging but wouldn't it be an equally good idea to design a phone with a battery that actually helps the user get through a day? Even with the screen brightness set low I have to charge this phone several times a day. Again for a near £700.00 phone I have the right to expect better. However I do have high praise for the automatic oven feature that I am assuming is baked into the battery if you pardon the pun. Living in the Scottish Highlands can often be quite cold and chilly. However with One Plus 7 Pros automatic oven feature I simply charge the phone for twenty minutes, put on a pair of oven mitts and then place the phone into my pocket. Within in mere seconds I am toastie warm, safe travels n the knowledge that the burning hot phone will keep me warm.

The camera! Oh dear Lord, the camera. What is there to say that hasn't been said before - it is absoloutely awful, in every concieveable way. I wish I had taken a photograph of the £700.00 this phone cost to P17689459 me of how ripped off I feel but I wouldn't trust this camera to take an even average picture of the money.

Finally the software, the bugs, the glitches, the constant closing of apps and screen freezes. I'm actually surprised that I have been able to write this message without it deciding it needs a rest and takes another 15 minute break. I have had enough of this phone. I didn't expect a Samsung Galaxy or an Apple I Phone level of quality either in performance,features or build. Obviously I would have had to pay an extra several hundred pounds for that which I feel is far too much. However I think I've paid enough to expect a device that works properly, consistently and to a good standard. From my experience opening the box I got the impression O e Plus is just another company that doesn't care about it's customers and after enduring the miserable use of this phone for several months I can safely say that they do not

I will never, ever recommend a One Plus device to anyone in good conscience and I will most definitely not be purchasing anymore of thier poorly made, second rate products again.

bobsta likes this.
  11. W1527612739915
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2020

W1527612739915 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 10, 2020 :
    Sounds like you've had a shocken time. Such a shame. Sounds like you've been sold a dud tbh.

12. luckyjohn666
    Donut Apr 10, 2020

luckyjohn666 , Apr 10, 2020 :
    Seriously, I could cook my breakfast on the back of this phone after charging it. I whole heatedly wanted to support a phone and company who market themselves as a user focused and user friendly. I bought into the idea of a company that could produce a high quality alternative to the market leaders who I feel massively over charge consumers, placing an emphasis on style over substance, producing phones that are more like fashion accessories. I think I would rather pay over the odds to get a so called "premium product" or "flagship" and save myself the hassle of using this thing. The most useful aspect of this device was the box it came in.

omendomen, bobsta and W1527612739915 like this.
  13. omendomen
    Froyo Apr 10, 2020

Good news for reviewers. They can explain how the new feature works; cooking [e]1f603[/e]

14. omendomen
    Froyo Apr 10, 2020

To OnePlus team. Don't listen reviewers, yotubers. Pleay. They won't buy your products. We People. We don't want another Samsung. We want OnePlus.

W1527612739915 likes this.
  15. MirceaForce
    Eclair Apr 11, 2020

MirceaForce , Apr 11, 2020 :
    some of the info you shared is truth, setup and copy info from another phone is a little buggy, yes camera is not the best but is far much better then samsung phones (s10 in my case ) the recording in 4k 30/60 is not good the video stabilization is poor compared with s10, also the software has some bugs ...after 400hours of up time I have installed Antutu, 3d mark, and they gave me poor score, why? I don't know yet but ( when I did setup my phone i did first full update - wipe cache- full reset - copy/install all apps- wipe cache couple of restarts, disable power savings) after another restart they come up with the real score....I think they need a couple of bugs fixed ...time will tell ...

another annoying thing is the support that is very poor they don't answer/or answer after 10 days or something like that, oneplus customer support is very important you need to fix that...

16. omendomen
    Froyo Apr 11, 2020

omendomen , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 11, 2020 :
    And what?..….......…..... and what? [e]1f602[/e]

17. MirceaForce
    Eclair Apr 11, 2020

MirceaForce , Apr 11, 2020 :
    ??? what do you mean with " what what " ?