Display Left side of screen extremely unresponsive ONEPLUS 8T

1. yoginy
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2021

yoginy , Nov 27, 2021 :
    Issue started only occasionally 1-2 days ago but got really bad only today. Left side of the screen is unresponsive 90% of the time, i have to tap the screen with quite a bit of force and even then nothing might happen, which is very frustrating because many buttons are at the top left of many apps.

I downloaded a drawing pad app to show you guys which part of the phone is working and which isn't,
    blue being the areas where it could be drawn on (thus screen working fine), and the black area on the left being the unresponsive area.
    [​IMG]

I also did a factory reset as well but to no avail. Could this be a hardware issue instead? If that is the case, why is the damage at such a specific area (based on the picture).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! This has been really annoying to deal with :(

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021

puccellino likes this.
  2. harshit.b.
    Jelly Bean Nov 27, 2021

HarshKK14 likes this.
  3. psygarden
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Nov 28, 2021

4. puccellino
    Lollipop Nov 28, 2021

puccellino , Nov 28, 2021 :
    There is a known issue regarding the sensitivity of the screen near the edges but this looks like something more complex. I'd take it to a service centre , but also provide feedback using the link below.

https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

That way it's recorded in more than one place.

Good luck.

HarshKK14 and Shailender Sharma like this.
  5. G_Dries_Gorissen_VoMA
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2022 at 9:39 AM

G_Dries_Gorissen_VoMA , Jan 19, 2022 at 9:39 AM :
    Did you ever get a response on this?
    My oneplus 7t pro started having the same issue yesterday, without suffering any external damage.
    Seems about the same range on the screen.

[​IMG]

6. psygarden
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Jan 19, 2022 at 12:29 PM

psygarden , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 19, 2022 at 12:29 PM :
    Can be a hardware issue. Have it checked in the nearest service center.