Less is more, the story behind the Bullets Wireless Z’s design

1. Yvonne F.
    Donut Jun 15, 2020

Yvonne F. , Jun 15, 2020 :
    BWZ Design.png

Hi everyone,

Our earphones are among the most important devices we own. More and more people wear earphones not just to enjoy their favorite music, but as a fashion statement. So, how can we make sure using your earphones is as easy and comfortable as possible? That’s what we’ve been working on.

To offer users a convenient and effortless experience is always our most important goal. To this end, we conducted a lot of research into user insights, using their habits and preferences to help improve our products.

We believe that great design enables people to achieve their goals through the least amount of effort possible. To pause your music with ease, simply clip the Bullets together magnetically to turn them off. When you’re ready to resume your music, just separate them.

Switching between devices is just as easy. All it takes is a double press of the home button to switch between two paired devices. You can go from listening to music on your phone to enjoying a movie on your tablet in seconds. Pairing your Bullets Wireless Z is as easy as separating them and tapping “Connect”. (Quick Pair is only supported from the OnePlus 5 onward).

19895-007.jpg

Comfort is equally important, since we many of us wear our earphones for hours at a time. To offer people the best possible experience, we’ve developed a premium and highly ergonomic design for the Bullets Wireless series.

Spin.gif

With their seashell-inspired stainless steel design, the Bullets Wireless Z are just as beautiful as they are comfortable.

A nautilus, sea shell-like design was chosen to help preserve the beautiful sound of your music, while maintaining the earphones’ striking appearance. In order to represent the characteristics of the nautilus, we simplified the elements and carefully balanced comfort, sound quality, and aesthetics.

Finally, we know good ergonomics are essential to a pleasant listening experience. During the design process, we used a large ear-size database to make sure our earphones would be comfortable across different ear sizes and shapes. The Bullet Wireless series’ streamlined shape is designed to suit the structure of the human ears, no matter the environment. The result is a pair of earphones that feels stable and reliable. Even when you wear them for a long time, we’re confident you will not experience any discomfort.

2. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jun 15, 2020

MosheG1 , Jun 15, 2020 :
    I agree! They are extremely comfortable! And so i want to know, if OnePlus were to make tws earbuds would they keep the same shape? (Or at least silicone tips) as rumors show a apple style for the coming buds without the great shape amd silicone tip the bullets wireless have given over the years

3. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 15, 2020

Batman360 , Jun 15, 2020 :
    Hey @Yvonne F. , I hope you are seeing the number of users complaining about issues in BW-Z everyday. I personally think that the BW-Z are amazing and also fits the budget but I guess they are prepared in hurry as there are so many complains that are popping up everyday. Like even I am facing a problem since 3-4 days now, and the problem is only during the normal voice calls, the voice seems to be coming from a distance and also muffled to the person on the other end of the call, tried factory reset, but the problem still persists. Why does this kind of issues are arising that too in a brand new product?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020

4. Yuvraj9
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2020

Yuvraj9 , Jun 15, 2020 :
    They are not good. I have pain in my ear if I use it for long time. I had to buy another one for my office meetings.

5. N1591295593560
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2020

6. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jun 15, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 15, 2020 :
    good to know about the story behind BWZ. But users are complaining about pain when used for a long duration, there are call delay issues ( My Sony XB400 is also having the same issue).

7. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 15, 2020

JustASoftwareEngineer , Jun 15, 2020 :
    @Yvonne F. Thanks so much for sharing this post. These earbuds are incredibly comfortable. Effortless and convenient to use is an understatement. I haven't experience any latency issues at all. It seems like you guys truly perfected this product before releasing it. Now you just have to work on a pair of TWS buds, or maybe a pair of Bullets Wireless Zs that can charge to capacity in under seventeen seconds, or some wild number like that.

jlasensiofi and MosheG1 like this.
  8. nitinnb02
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2020

9. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jun 15, 2020

Dresa91 , Jun 15, 2020 :
    @Yvonne F., thank you for your next thread and the story behind:)

Blue Brother:)

Batman360 and Dresa91 like this.
  11. _B_u_n_n_y_75_
    Donut Jun 15, 2020

Sifat ullah likes this.
  12. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 15, 2020

13. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jun 15, 2020

14. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jun 15, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jun 15, 2020 :
    @Yvonne F. Hi there. If all these statements are true, like

"comfort is equally important"
    "more people wear earphones as a fashion statement"
    "to offer users an effortless experience is always our MOST important goal",

then stop with those bullets "wireless", as they're still wired btw 🤦🤦🤦

C'mon, there're already 3 of those pairs. Give your clients real tws, as they're almost begging for them for 2 damn years since the release of the 1st generation. I don't care myself too much, as I'm OK with my AirPods 2 [e]1f60d[/e].

I hope the rumours are true, and 1+ tws will be released in July with OnePlus Z, Nord or whatever it will be called.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020

15. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jun 15, 2020

Starcommander , Jun 15, 2020 :
    I thought bwz and bw2 had same design 🤔

16. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jun 15, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jun 15, 2020 :
    I'll go deeper with it. I thought bw 1, 2 and z had the same design 🤨

Starcommander and Dresa91 like this.
  17. suhantm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 15, 2020

suhantm , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 15, 2020 :
    Similar but i dont think exactly the same. They fit different for some reason.

18. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jun 15, 2020

Starcommander , Jun 15, 2020 :
    :p
    Ohh 🤔

19. AbhijnanGhosh
    Donut Jun 15, 2020

20. S1592150905270
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2020