Let Me Tell You Guys About My 1+1 DOA Nightmare - True Story

1. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Well guys, I did explaine my nightmare when I received a DOA unit from this scamming company. You can read all about my story, the link is in my signature.

On the first page you will find a couple of updates and on the page three in the same thread you will see the latest updates + all the customer responses sent to me quoted there.

I started this thread just to make a follow up.
    This is soooo amazingly shameful, horrifying, pathetic and unbelievable that I thought it deserved its own thread.

To recap my story:

1. Got a DOA phone. NOTHING works. Can not power on, no sound, no picture, no signal, not recognized by my PC...it looked like a fake dummy mock-up phone. Tried for at least 10 days to get some kind of life in this crap phone they sent me, nothing.

2. Opened a support ticket, I was informed that I could choose to pay EUR 147 for a touch screen repair! I was sooo mad I wanted to slap somebody around. Full warranty? My ***...this company a cheating scamming liar. They sent me a dead phone and then they ask for more money for repairing a DOA unit.

3. Tried to talk some sense to them, no replies anymore.

4. A second ticket was opened, then contacted Paypal at the same time, they told me to give the company some time for communication. After that, I've received like a half a dozen replies from different English named characters, first they wanted a picture, then a video, then told me that they would be passing me around to different support departments...at least 4 different support departments....but during this whole time, they would never even give me the opportunity to fill in an RMA form.

5. A couple of days ago I received a message after escalating the matter via Paypal claiming a full refund, saying they would finally let me make an RMA "soon". Then nothing happened again. Silence. During this whole mess which now is in its 5:th week or so, I have repeatedly said to all these support characters and ALL I wanted was a new working functional phone, which I paid for. I really did not want a refund, if I did want a refund, I could have claimed my 14 days return rights. I did not. I wanted the phone, I just didn't know how to use a DEAD unit. Just wanted a working device.

6. Then it comes a new message from the support team, saying that since I escalated the matter with Paypal, they will no longer allow me neither RMA or more help. I again explained that just please give me a replacement and I will withdraw my Paypal claim. Again, just want a usable working functional smartphone, I've been without one for 5-6 weeks now....

7. Yesterday, I got another reply. Now they said they wanted EUR 200 for repairing my phone's motherboard! So first it was apparently something wrong with the display of my DOA phone forEUR 147 (this diagnosis was made without them even looking at my phone) and now they were suggesting that they would want me to send the phone back and forth so that they could yank the motherboard out and THEN they would also happily charge me an additional EUR 200 + shipping, for a phone they sent me which was DOA and under full warranty!!!!!!!!

8. Today, I got my final, and to me by far, the best answer yet:

Tammy (OnePlus)
    Sep 20 11:33
    Hi,
    Really really sorry for the issue with your phone, but please noted that we tested every phone before we sent it out to our customers, and when you got it, it is totally new and working, and it became not working after you used it for some days, so sorry that we can not offer a free replacement, you an reconsider our offer, thanks.
    Best regards,
    Tammy

So now, after charging me for a brand new phone, I not only was sent a non functional, totally dead DOA device, and then was ignored for almost 6 weeks, and was never offered any kind of constructive worthy truthful support at all, and not only I was asked several times to pay the company even more money for repairing a phone they did not even wanted to see or diagnose first.....NOW, I AM ALSO BEING TOLD THAT I'M A LIAR!!!!!

So now I was the one who broke their God damn DOA phone!!!!! So basically, they had someone spying on me at my home whom has now reported back that this guy used his phone for a couple of days and broke it!!!! That is basically what they're saying now.

People, beware before you order from this company!
    This is HOW they handle their warranty issues....they tell the customer, without even examining the device first, that the customer is a LIAR!!

Guess we all now know how things are done in China...

I will of course now use my Paypal full refund claim and use it to get my money back, but BEWARE before buying from this company, should you get into any kinda trouble, they will put the blame on YOU as a customer. Have heard from others with the same issue, and the same knida answer. Despite full warranty, they will want the customer to pay for repairs apparently.........I'm totally offended. This is not support, this is scam!

Hope my story helps some of the potentially becoming customer to reconsider. I would advice against this company to everyone I know from now on.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

larsu, CRXed, malidan and 3 others like this.
  2. Waterdroid
    Lollipop Sep 20, 2014

Waterdroid , Sep 20, 2014 :
    That sucks. You've got a 14-day no-questions-asked refund-period, have you tried that to get your cash back or has it been more than 14 days now?

And to all, before you start bashing me, mods don't work for OnePlus, and not at the CS either.

MThomp, highdiver_2000, DRCH and 2 others like this.
  3. Deactivated User
    Sep 20, 2014

4. a vehicle
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2014

a vehicle , Sep 20, 2014 :
    I know you're angry, but I doubt that anger is going to help make it right. Should've asked for a refund rather than replacement from the get go.

In the last DOA I read, the user shoved the micro USB plug into the wrong way and ruined the connector. Without power, the phone could not boot.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

highdiver_2000 likes this.
  5. andrewlim90
    Froyo Sep 20, 2014

6. sumaysap
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2014

calvin35 likes this.
  7. colts5609
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 20, 2014

colts5609 , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Sorry about your luck. Given your story, I would be quite upset myself. PayPal FTW!

8. gmo8492
    Lollipop Sep 20, 2014

9. Ryan
    KitKat Sep 20, 2014

rms_555, a vehicle and yobosimn like this.
  10. yobosimn
    Froyo Sep 20, 2014

yobosimn , Sep 20, 2014 :
    I doubt they test all of their devices, otherwise phones with green lines down the screen wouldn't be an issue.

11. mwoolley
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2014

12. sapporo1
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2014

13. Infinite7154
    Eclair Sep 20, 2014

Infinite7154 , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Wow...I mean, like...wow!!!! I knew I was taking my chances ordering this phone. I had it set in my mind that for $350 I had to expect a few bugs and some issues but to receive a DEAD phone and then to be told you broke it, that's ******* crazy!!! You gave them ample opportunity to make it right with a new, functional phone and they try to pass the onus on to you?! WTF OnePlus. Your motto is to never settle, I hope the OP doesn't settle for the bullshit from you!

14. LDanielK
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2014

LDanielK , Sep 20, 2014 :
    It seems pretty clear from the forum that this company has zero customer service. Which is sad because that is just as important as the quality of the product itself.

If it's defective, just get your money back. Don't even try to replace it. I follow this same policy with everything I order on Amazon.

I was kinda excited about this phone when I found out about it earlier this week, but the more I read about the horrible customer service and the permanent yellow band problem, the more I'm contemplating the Nexus 6.

I really want this phone, so I truly hope they get these game over problems sorted out before the October pre orders become available.

Just be glad you payed with PayPal. Imagine if you had paid them directly with a debit card. You'd be completely SOL without PayPal.

15. Wah007
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2014

Wah007 , Sep 20, 2014 :
    I would file a claim and just deal with PayPal after this. I wouldn't stand for that

Mihail_Ko likes this.
  16. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 20, 2014 :
    I was not planning to start bashing you...just the stupid morons who think they can just take innocent people's money, scam them, sell the junk and then get away with that just because this is a Chinese based company and no one can touch them.....and above all, telling me that I'm a liar....I mean what's next? Torpedo my house because I was unlucky enough to receive a DOA?

No I did not exercise my 14 day return policy as I really wanted to have a functional unit, I never ever dreamed that this company would wanna charge me for repairing of a DOA phone or tell me I was a liar. but I'll take the Paypal route.

17. DrJMun
    KitKat Sep 20, 2014

18. Enes_97
    Honeycomb Sep 20, 2014

19. Mihail_Ko
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2014

Mihail_Ko , Sep 20, 2014 :
    They using google translate.:D:D:D
    So maybe you should to describe your problem in simple words:
    "
    You send me defective product.
    You should replace it, because it do not work.
    You send me instructions for this prestige pleas.
    I not paying for replacement process, because your fault!
    Thanks.
    "
    Than you would get you replacement for free.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

PUblik, larsu and crroc like this.
  20. Pedro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 20, 2014