Let Me Tell You Guys About My 1+1 DOA Nightmare - True Story

1. Mihail_Ko
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2014

Mihail_Ko , Sep 20, 2014 :
    14 day money back means pay for shipping back to china, doesn't it?

2. Mihail_Ko
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2014

Good thinking.;)
    Don't ever be nice to a bully!;)

Wah007 likes this.
  3. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Yeah, you're right. I just really really wanted this phone so bad....I never ever thought the level of support would be basically non-existent. This is not just about bad support, this is an insult.

Think at least twice before ordering. There has been many bad cases, even replacements in those few earlier cases have been defective too.

I have a week left to exercise my Paypal full refund rights, at Monday I'll be the first one into the post office to send this brick away to claim my refund via Paypal.

Oh yeah?? And care to elaborate on what that thing might be in your opinion??? Do you need a compass?

They don't. If they say that they QC every single device or screen, they are lying through their teetch. BEWARE!

I gave them like 3 weeks to get their shit together, finally they are accusing me of being a liar. What else can I do? You feel so powerless and insulted....is this really the kind of customer experience a newcomer company will offer their early adopters??? Is it really worth it for such company to have dissatisfied customers like me, badgering their name and reputation all along the internet, for being treated like shit? Is denying me ONE unit after sending me a DOA and making my life hell for 6 weeks, really worth the bad reputation afterwards for this company?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

4. tanjim90
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 20, 2014

tanjim90 , Sep 20, 2014 :
    holyyy shitt...... i wanna slap someone just from reading this ..
    i think there's just one single person running this whole company .. 6 weeks to be told that we cannot do anything for you ...
    i say , send them a request for a box of Vaseline, and a 24 inch di*ldo, so that you can f*uck yourself in the a*rse ..

Andreagennari and crroc like this.
  5. spanish33

6. Mihail_Ko
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2014

Basically Oneplus sad :
    What do you mean by: we send you literally a piece of shit in a box? It did not smell in the factory! You fat liar!

crroc likes this.
  7. tanjim90

that's why i recorded the whole unboxing/first boot up process ..
    thank god mine didn't have ANY problems ..

ZenUK1 and Mihail_Ko like this.
  8. ClicheUsername
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2014

9. Mihail_Ko
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2014

Thanks, for sharing the wisdom of recording the unboxing.;) Will do it to from now on.:cool:

MThomp likes this.
  10. Ryan
    KitKat Sep 20, 2014

Ryan , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Okay, well first thing, chill out.

Now, most other hardware issue stories I've read on this forum were solved. It took a while (like what you're experiencing), but they were solved eventually. In your story, they acknowledge that it could be a display issue or a motherboard issue (both hardware-related), and they are going to charge you for that? That doesn't make any sense. The only way those things wouldn't be covered in the warranty is if the phone was dropped, there is water damage, you bought the phone from a scalper, etc.

That's why I said that something doesn't add up.

PLPeeters likes this.
  11. mattc
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2014

mattc , Sep 20, 2014 :
    That really sucks! I can understand they struggle with production and profit at this stage but this is no excuse to this! You have to fullfil the warranty OP and provide the guy what he paid for in the first place! I.e. a working device

12. tanjim90

yeah.. ALWAYS backup your story, while contacting customer service ..
    plus being a broke *** student, i can't afford to get ra**ped by these companies (be it APPLE/SAMSUNG/whatever)
    this phone is like the most expensive thing i bought in a year .. i can understand the frustration...

Mihail_Ko likes this.
  13. EvilSpeaks
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2014

EvilSpeaks , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Snap, so did I..... Like yourself, I got lucky mine was fine as well

14. doubledownwookie
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2014

doubledownwookie , Sep 21, 2014 :
    OnePlus Customer Service is a joke. The phone is good, the company is horrible as far as business practices go.

15. Zydeco
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2014

Zydeco , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Damn. Thats rough.

Are you copy/pasting your interactions with oneplus? It seems their response is littered with errors. Either you're typing something wrong in anger, or something's being made up here.

You're going to need a bit more proof before I believe you.

16. Mihail_Ko
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2014

Mihail_Ko , Sep 21, 2014 :
    That Phone was definitely cheaper then the washing machine for me, but still in the top 5 list after all computer parts. :D:D
    But i would never buy it for more than i payed for it. :cool: I would rather get G3, just to be save!;)

HMusa likes this.
  17. HMusa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2014

HMusa , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I did once receive a dead Nexus 4 from the company I bought from and they said that they wouldn't replace but when I talked to Nexus they were really helpful about it and fixed it for free since it was under warranty... Well this is what you get with a start up company... i do really feel for you though mate

Mihail_Ko likes this.
  18. jodogg7ny
    Eclair Sep 21, 2014

jodogg7ny , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I'm sorry for your situation. My issue with this phone started with the Volume hardware buttons. Unfortunately, I could not tell initially that the issue was hardware based, although I created a ticket. I thought maybe the issue of neither Volume up or Down working was related to the most recent CM update. Nope, it's the hardware.

I have received my RMA documentation and was advised that the device would be scheduled for pickup next Monday. Today is Saturday and next Monday is in 2 days, I received their last email on last Saturday. I have emailed support a few times since their last email with no response. I called TNT (shipping company One Plus uses) and TNT stated that they need a booking number in order to pick up and thats typically given to me or the Manufacturer will call them to schedule a pick up.

I am hoping to receive a replacement unit. Especially as I start to hear more about their pre-orders opening up, possibly in a few weeks. I must admit, I will not do this again.

The invite system made this opportunity extremely tempting. Great phone, great price, I have not seen one popular YouTuber video where a broken unit was received. In the future, I may stick with the Nexus line. Google provides support you can trust. I had issues with their Nexus 5 and was able to return two units, finally the third one I returned as well. I then just ordered another unit on a separate order but all the while their support was extremely responsive.

Perhaps I am just used to receiving feedback. Perhaps OnePlus just can't keep up for legitimate reasons. In the end, I hope to get a fully functioning unit. This is what i paid for when I started this process.

If you receive a functioning unit I believe you will love it. Today, I had the opportunity to hold and play with the iPhone 6 Plus. If I knew that both phones had the same level of support (Apple's) I would pick the One Plus every time.

Make this right OnePlus, please get your support straightened out. I hope all of you after me have a better experience and get to enjoy a great phone.

Thanks,

Joe

19. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Sure does.
    But as it appears, it doesn't matter now, even now when I'm making my claim for a refund via Paypal, still have to pay for the return shipping charges after receiving a dead phone all by myself...

Spot on. So if they don't kow what kinda shit they're selling to their customers, how can I know what I'm receiving, till AFTER I've received it?? What can I do with a dead phone? There's nothing for me to "demonstrate"..it's dead. Why on earth shouldn't I get the right to get a replacement?? Their ONLY so called "offer" has been asking me to pay for repairing a dead phone they sent me and now they are saying I'm a liar.

Would also like to know...

Well let me assure your that there is NO, I mean NADA physical damage whatsoever visible on the phone itself.
    In addition to the phone being dead, you can also hear a "rattling" sound coming from the inside of the phone, so something was definitely broken when it arrived at my doorstep. I'm no longer sure that these are "real" people answering customer service requests, they look to be "bots". Someone else in another thread copied and pasted a reply he had been receiving for a completely another issue, and that response was EXACTLY the same as mine where I was asked to pay money for a mobo repair, I mean to the exact letter. This is not a normal process....so you bet something does not add up, it's just not being at my end of the deal.

Copying and pasting DIRECTLY from the answers I've been receiving from like 8 different English named characters, none of them writing down proper English. I don't do that either, English is my third language, but the text is not re-written by me, those are copy/paste.

And to be honest, I don't give a flying rats *** whether YOU believe me or not, I'm getting enough shit from this scamming company, I don't need to prove myself to you as well.

20. ultrapowerpie
    Eclair Sep 21, 2014

ultrapowerpie , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Wow dude, that's horrible... and here I just bought one yesterday... now I'm more hesitant. From what I've been reading most people get a good phone they're fine, but you get unlucky with a bad one then you're SOL. I hope that you at least get your money back if nothing else. \:

I for one will make sure there's nothing wrong during the 14 day period to hopefully avoid something like this. That's just a terrible experience.