Let Me Tell You Guys About My 1+1 DOA Nightmare - True Story

1. Luke180
    Froyo Sep 21, 2014

Luke180 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    That is shameful. And that Tammy needs sacking her attitude and grammar is appalling and childish.

2. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 21, 2014 :
    If something would be wrong during the first 14 days, I would just make a factory reset and send them back exercising my 14 day return guarantee and would not even bother starting to open support tickets and stuff, that way they will definitely hold YOU responsible, this is their way apparently of doing business. They don't wanna replace any devices any more (they have said that to basically everyone regardless problem since a month back) and repairing is only possible if you pay them a lot of extra money because they will find a way to blame YOU as a customer hence voiding your warranty rights. They will not take any kinda responsibility at all, just blaming the customer.

So if you'd find anything wrong, just make a factory reset and send it back within your 14 days or directly make a Paypal claim. Do NOT wait for them to help you out, because they won't. What would be more urgent than helping a customer with a totally dead phone?! If they ignored my problem with a dead phone like this, they will ignore everybody....this is the Chinese way of doing money I guess..

Andreagennari likes this.
  3. johnvsd
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2014

johnvsd , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I really don't know why it happened to you like that. I ordered 4 times and received 4 phones without any problem.
    If i got any problem especially dead phone i would send it asap back to the seller. Keep the sending receipt for Paypal claim later.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

4. yobosimn
    Froyo Sep 21, 2014

yobosimn , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Reading through their response, it sounds like a foreigner is responding. Reminds me a lot of dealing with Straight Talk's customer service.

5. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2014

n19htmare , Sep 21, 2014 :
    This company will send you the di*ldo and not the Vaseline.

Andreagennari, racerx67 and Naquadah like this.
  6. tanjim90
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2014

tanjim90 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    i would prefer to take a nailed up dildo up my a*rse (twice), than to deal with the customer service for 6 weeks ..

7. Waterdroid
    Lollipop Sep 21, 2014

Waterdroid , Sep 21, 2014 :
    It does, unfortunately.

PLPeeters likes this.
  8. wmm
    KitKat Sep 21, 2014

wmm , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Not to China but to your local depot, I thought, using your choice of shipping method? Or has that policy changed?

9. Kingsley.Lo
    Donut Sep 21, 2014

Kingsley.Lo , Sep 21, 2014 :
    That is a nightmare, sorry to hear that & wish you can sort it out shortly.

10. sheldony
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2014

11. sheldony
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2014

sheldony , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Can someone involved from op-crew comment this? Confirm who to call a liar. TS or David?

12. Andreagennari

Andreagennari , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Get money back from PayPal and stay away forever.
    Nice being insulted saying your phone was tested and fully working and you damaged :(

13. Ruta
    Project Manager Sep 21, 2014

Ruta , Sep 21, 2014 :
    The key part here is "under warranty". For example, if you drop your phone and smash your screen, such event is not under warranty as it is caused by the user.

14. Sethos
    Eclair Sep 21, 2014

Sethos , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Okay, well first thing, you made an asinine comment, so what response did you expect? Rhetorical.

Secondly, this issue echoes with a lot of other complaints about this phone. The customer service has been next to non existent and handled very poorly. Sure you take everything on faith at this point as not everything has been proven but it's the same with feedback you read anywhere else, ebay, amazon or wherever. And whether or not the phone was damaged in a particular way is irrelevant considering the insight offered into what you may have to deal with.

I love this phone - I want this phone, but I hover around these parts of the forums for stories like this. Just like their moto I will "never settle", even if that means not buying their product. Sweet irony.

15. darthliquor
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

darthliquor , Sep 21, 2014 :
    The guy received a dead phone, how come warranty doesn't apply?

16. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2014

n19htmare , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Because Oneplus doesn't feel like it.........ok.

darthliquor and Andreagennari like this.
  17. darthliquor
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

darthliquor , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I'm waiting for her answer with the usual "strict quality control" BS.

18. Andreagennari

Andreagennari , Sep 21, 2014 :
    If you are lucky you may get an answer earlier from customer support...

darthliquor likes this.
  19. musicmadmac
    Froyo Sep 21, 2014

musicmadmac , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Stick with claim, get money back then buy another brand. OnePlus have got potential but are best left if you've had a bad experience. If people have a device with no issues then great but those who do would be wise to get their money refunded and forget about it.

racerx67 likes this.
  20. Ruta
    Project Manager Sep 22, 2014

Ruta , Sep 22, 2014 :
    I don't know what was the case with Naquadah's phone, but seems like the evidence and his/hers description led numerous customer support team members to believe it wasn't dead on arrival. I've asked for customer support ticket number to look into the case and confirm.

nirgale and a vehicle like this.