Let Me Tell You Guys About My 1+1 DOA Nightmare - True Story

1. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Very good point. If a DOA phone isn't included under warranty, then I don't know what is any more...

LOL! Always easier to call the customer a liar. At first I might have thought that there was a misunderstanding somewhere, but after getting like 8 different answers, I'm sure that my English is pretty much adequate but I'm not sure about the other end of the story.

Well I did NOT drop it. I've stated at least 10 times it was DOA. So at least stick on topic please.

Sure I'll provide you with my customer support ticket number.

racerx67 likes this.
  2. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 22, 2014 :
    I have now submitted my ticket numbers to Ruta so that no one would think that this whole thing was just a "misunderstanding".
    Today or tomorrow the latest I'll send my return package and will have my Paypal claim exercised.

Today I also got a message from Wilona at CS, saying that one of my options would be to withdraw my Paypal claim and have my dead unit picked up to get a replacement!!! WOW, suddenly they do send replacements, again?!?! So I was not the one who broke the damn thing after all??!

Anyways, tired of this shit, will just get my money back and after all this, I'll happily pay for the return shipping as well just to put an end to it.

Thx all for your support! I really hope that none of you EVER will get into trouble with your device...

3. racerx67
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2014

racerx67 , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Even IF the phone worked when it arrived or worked when it was supposedly tested as long as the phone was not damaged then it is a product failure and under warranty. Not sure of the laws for your specific location but EU law states every electrical item has a 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects and faults. If this issue you are facing was in the UK then trading standards would be able to get involved and it would either take legal action against OPO or put a ban on ALL products being sold into the UK until proof has been shown that the company are selling reliable products and honouring all warranty claims within UK and EU laws. I do not think OPO are taking it seriously that things like this could kill ALL sales into EU member states.

4. racerx67

racerx67 , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Irrelevant to be honest.... if the phone has a fault that occurs at anytime in 2 years the phone has to be fixed, replaced or refunded in full.

5. malidan
    Nougat Sep 22, 2014

malidan , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Truly horrific, that has always been my fear, a few month down the road what will the warranty be worth, and it seem jack if you can't even use it on a DOA, and there's me moaning about a yellow band, I feel for you bro.

Andreagennari and superchinook like this.
  6. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2014

n19htmare , Sep 22, 2014 :
    As someone mentioned already. If the phone does not have physical damage and it stopped working even after a few hours.. it still falls with-in warranty guidelines.

Sounds like Oneplus trying to pull a fast one and blame the customer.

heck, I was one of the first ones in his thread telling him to calm down that it was likely a mistake that they were trying to charge him for warranty repair.
    Turns out, it was never a mistake, they were infact trying to charge him for a WARRANTY repair.

7. disellusional

disellusional , Sep 22, 2014 :
    That's how they make money .
    Defective phone need repairs
    $$$
    profit

JUST KIDDING.
    sorry OP. it is unfortunate that a company can lack such competence and respect for their customers.
    but they're keen on shutting up the ones who make any type of noise

superchinook and Andreagennari like this.
  8. disellusional

disellusional , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Also, DO NOT DROP YOUR PAYPAL CASE. DO NOT.
    Biggest mistake you'll ever make besides buying the phone

9. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Sep 23, 2014

superchinook likes this.
  10. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 23, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 23, 2014 :
    Well m8, I mean there are people experiencing horrific stuff and hunger all over Africa, and I'm moaning over a DOA smartphone! So putting things into perspective...yeah we're all whining too much over some Industrial World problems here :) Still, I think each and every customer should be treated with utmost respect and according to their issues/problems, to me, this is much more about ethics and respecting the "little people" out there...so maybe it's not always about the money, the loss, the trouble or the smartphone itself, but it's about having a good soul, regardless what the company is selling....to help out those who are in need of help. In this case happens to be about your yellow tint and my DOA phone.

But I mean, after about six weeks passed, two tickets opened and replies received from at least 8 different individuals within the support team, I STILL had to make Paypal reclaim, because the next last reply was "we do not replace anything, we only send good functional unit and you broke it", and the last message said "oh withdraw your Paypal claim and we WILL send you a replacement". That is where the CS team completely loses its credibility in my case...they might have been very helpful in other cases I'm sure, but I have only my own story as my source. And that really makes me sad, because apparently, in those cases where this phone IS working properly, it's a killer! But again, it's not about a phone, it's more about building a customer relationship for a newcomer on the block, and this company is missing the point here by not offering a 200% solid CS.

LOL! Yeah remember that m8, I was furious! Have calmed down a couple of notches since then, I guess this company gives you enough time to go through all the stages of grieving...you know:
    1. Denial and Isolation
    2. Anger
    3. Bargaining
    4. Depression
    5. Acceptance

CS should be number 1 thing to try and make it work right after being able to meet the demand. A line of a proper CS is the company's face outward to its followers. Without it, chaos prevails and everybody starts to hesitate about the company, maybe not about the product as such, but hesitate about purchasing and its follow up.

Will not. My package will be sent in via the local Post Office with tracking first thing tomorrow morning m8. I've had it with this issue.......I'm just sorry that I might have to accept a return shipping loss (international packages with tracking and signature requisite is quite expensive here in Sweden to accommodate) which can become considerable - despite the unit being a DOA under full warranty :(

11. larsu
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2014

larsu , Sep 28, 2014 :
    I'v had this policy for a year now.. after i started buing stuff from internet i know that only unedited videos can make people to shut up and whatch it over and over again that they are wrong.. thou i have NEVER gotten DOA device.. but it is way easier just to erase the video after like month or two from unboxing if it still works fine..

superchinook likes this.
  12. mg1
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2015

mg1 , Feb 16, 2015 :
    Am having similarly great customer service from "Tammy" ! some 4 months later!

13. Dodkrake
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 16, 2015

Dodkrake , Feb 16, 2015 :
    This is my main concern with oneplus and that will stop me from buying another product. Fortunately my product is perfect, but if I ever get an issue UNDER WARRANTY and they ask me for money, i'll never buy from them again.

14. DSS18
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2015

15. SiPhone
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2015

SiPhone , Jul 4, 2015 :
    One plus don't honor the 14 day refund promise though.They just treat it as requesting a repair and want pictures sent e.t.c

16. mud4ss4r
    Honeycomb Jan 3, 2017