let's all thank the Oneplus staff members!

1. Elisha Siegelman
    Donut Mar 28, 2014

Elisha Siegelman , Mar 28, 2014 :
    hey guys, so since the One is going to arrive (really really soon!), and we have this awesome forum set up, I wanted to thank Oneplus. So I decided to make this thread to gather all the thanks that you guys have to give to Oneplus all in one place! :) Thanks away!

Here's mine: Thank you oneplus people!

(Disclaimer: you don't need to thank them if you don't want to, but don't put down other people. I personally am thanking them for taking the risk of bringing a good smartphone to the market.:))

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014

cody1960, tompaul, ash23 and 89 others like this.
  2. muddy46
    Jelly Bean Mar 28, 2014

muddy46 , Mar 28, 2014 :
    @Robert W for helping manage and cleaning up the forum
    @Carl Thank you for the wonderful announcements, for the Reddit AMAA, and the Tom's Hardware interview appearances to show us all how dedicated your company is to perfection. (and for messing with us once in a while, it has to be fun sometimes :D )
    @Pete Thank you for leaving your position at Oppo to commit your time to this long and crazy endeavor that is actually crazy enough to work.
    @David S. Thank you for administering the Phone in the box and other contests.
    @Emmanuel for keeping all of us informed.

And most importantly Thank You to @Una for keeping a watchful eye on all of the above and keeping them in line so they can get their work done.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014

3. Luka
    Froyo Mar 28, 2014

CasperTFG, macem29, ANTARIDO and 9 others like this.
  4. jmazzamj
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2014

jmazzamj , Mar 29, 2014 :
    Thank you to every and each of you, OPO staff members!!

Thanks for all the effort in developing this great device.

Thank you

cody1960, Anjum, permazorch and 4 others like this.
  5. Adam Krisko
    Community Operation Consultant Staff Member Mar 29, 2014

Adam Krisko , Mar 29, 2014 :
    I agree..... But.... @elisha siegelman good idea!

Thank you to all admins for all of the wonderful things you do for us!!

cody1960, PRK.R, DRCH and 7 others like this.
  6. ved prakash
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2014

ved prakash , Mar 29, 2014 :
    thanks a lot team opo and @Una .... looking forward to be an active part of your glorious journey to the top spot in mobile industry soon :D:D:D
    #NEVER SETTLE

cody1960, Anjum and mercurymod like this.
  7. Elisha Siegelman
    Donut Apr 2, 2014

Elisha Siegelman , Apr 2, 2014 :
    Thank you all for participating! I have stuff to add:
    Thanks to all the former oneplus members, and those behind the scenes!:D

cody1960, Axara, aristik and 3 others like this.
  8. linksd4
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2014

9. linksd4
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2014

Anjum likes this.
  10. Elisha Siegelman
    Donut Apr 2, 2014

Anjum and Cokezero like this.
  11. linksd4
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2014

12. OneOver Zero
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 2, 2014

OneOver Zero , Apr 2, 2014 :
    I had already posted this in the release thread. But since the staff will surely read here for motivation purposes I post it again here. I just wanted to make you, the OnePlus team, a big compliment for the way you were planning this phone. For years I just cannot understand why the manufacturers think that they need to customize Android. Do they really think anybody buys a phone because of their modifications? There are two kind of buyers: First, those who care about software updates and they will never buy because of the „mutations“ of stock Android. If anything, they will dislike the modifications, since they mean slower updates. Second, there are those who don't care or who just don't know and who just walk into a store and buy whatever pleases them. So for neither of these groups the modifications make any sense.

I always wondered why no company just went to the folks of CyanogenMod and gave them some money to support a phone for 2 years on a professional level. Maybe CM first had to become commercial to get rid of that hobbyists-and-computer-nerds-aura. Well, actually I don't expect that any of the big players will change in this regard, big companies often suffer from NIH*. If they did't invent it, they can't tell us customers: „Hey, look what we have developed for you. It's so great... bla bla bla. It blinks. It's funky. It's grey instead of black. Bla blubb. It's ours!“ Well, I don't care. I never used any of the proprietary apps coming with the devices that will only run on certain smartphones and am just using apps that will run on every Android phone.

For a long time I am thinking now what to buy. But this translates more to the question: „What is theleast bad phone?“ For me, personally, no phone really made it and so I still use my old Galaxy S2, although it is often way too slow and a bit too small for my taste: But some phones have a „bad“ camera , some have capacitive buttons (Note 3, Find 7), another is just to clunky (Z2), most cheap china phones have obsolete software with no chance for updates an no chance for CM Support because of the mostly used Mediatek chipsets, some do not release all the necessary source code for developers (Samsung), some smartphones have no SD card slot (HTC One 2013, Nexus, Oppo N1), and some are just too big (LG G Pro 2, Oppo N1).

From all the announcements you made, this seems like the perfect phone for a reasonable price. I really like the way you communicate with us and take us seriously, unlike some companies that just don not seem to understand what we want. Now hurry up, make some announcements, tease us with some razorsharp pics, release that phone and take my money!

* NIH: Not-invented-here-syndrome, a common disease of big companies, preventing them from reusing already existing and working products, even if they are fitting their needs perfectly.

masalachai, Linanc7, Axara and 10 others like this.
  13. Elisha Siegelman
    Donut Apr 2, 2014

Haha! Great!

Anjum and linksd4 like this.
  14. linksd4
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2014

svedsken, Anjum and Elisha Siegelman like this.
  15. Elisha Siegelman
    Donut Apr 2, 2014

Linanc7, Axara, aristik and 3 others like this.
  16. OneOver Zero

Nobody forces you to read long texts. But some things take their time. ;):mad:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014

Axara, Anjum, cris7'91 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Elisha Siegelman
    Donut Apr 2, 2014

Calm down, folks, everyone's a good guy!:)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014

Anjum likes this.
  18. OneOver Zero

Anjum and Elisha Siegelman like this.
  19. Elisha Siegelman
    Donut Apr 2, 2014

Anjum likes this.
  20. OneOver Zero

Hey oneplus staff, help...? :p I have been offensive by accident but the forum software does't let me delete that angry smiley... :( We need emergency here. ;)