Lets be honest via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. apoellitsi
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

apoellitsi , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Let me first introduce myself. I am Stavros and i am from Cyprus. i have been a user of oneplus from day 1. I had OnePlus one, 5,5T,6T and now 7 pro.

As you can understand i love oneplus but i think i had enough. First of all lets start with price.

Remember the price of oneplusOne? You know the price of oneplus 7T?

Lagging everywhere ! After every update the phone is getting worst? lagging!!! Twitter is lagging , Facebook app .

the worst point? Camera is getting worst with every update!

So be honest. is not all about the screen!

2. rarog
    Lollipop Jan 22, 2020

rarog , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Prices and components change with years. Money undergoes the inflation, the market changes.
    I never had lagging on any Android phone after updates that couldn't be solved by a cache wipe.
    Can you provide objective examples of this? I believe this is your subjective perception.

otto2 and pablofg1978 like this.
  3. ASCHENTE_V
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 22, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jan 22, 2020 :
    So you have been 1+ user since day one and you're still cupcake. I guess sb is lying here 🤔

otto2 and Auristic like this.
  4. apoellitsi
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

So what? I have never used the forum before. I am using it now because i have no other option

rarog likes this.
  5. ASCHENTE_V

Joking dude, I checked your posting for 2015, you're an old one here

apoellitsi likes this.
  6. rarog
    Lollipop Jan 22, 2020

rarog , Jan 22, 2020 :
    At my workplace are people with OPO and OP2 who have never been on the forums. I give my old OnePlus phones to friends and they are keen users and they also will probably never visit the forums as they will just ask me, if they have problems. Invites weren't bound to forums only in the OPO times.

otto2 likes this.
  7. apoellitsi
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

So you haven't notice anything? You buy the phone and the camera is good. i would not say perfect as it doesnt have the best camera. after 2-3 updates the image quality is worst especially in no daylight

8. WolfpackN64
    Jelly Bean Jan 22, 2020

WolfpackN64 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    The price changes from the OnePlus One to now are definitly from OnePlus going upmarket. If you go from a $300 phone in 2014 to a $600 phone in 2019 purely by inflation, your economy is in trouble.

9. rarog
    Lollipop Jan 22, 2020

rarog , Jan 22, 2020 :
    No, I take many pictures and the quality stays the same for me. Especially without daylight I tend to use pro mode to tune some settings, as no algorithm can be truly good in bad conditions and even smallest factors can disturb the automatic algorithm + human factors like shaky hands and so on. But I also use my DSLR and there are similar problems with bad daylight, if you do not set the camera up properly. Or sometimes the effects are okay, but I want to achieve something different than the algorithm.

otto2 and Bouncer71 like this.
  10. rarog
    Lollipop Jan 22, 2020

rarog , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Indeed, that's what I meant with components. They use higher class components that cost more in manufacturing. And OnePlus also said multiple times that they didn't want to be best on the low budget market but to create great phones (that of course can be sold good). And having a low price as a newcomer is the usual strategy of new companies. Fix and bind the users to the brand and they will spend almost anything. Otherwise Apple wouldn't be able to charge for the prices they are charging, they were able to build up the following.

otto2 and Bouncer71 like this.
  11. WolfpackN64
    Jelly Bean Jan 22, 2020

I still do hope they come out with a cheaper model. The rumblings of a OnePlus 8 Lite might be something I'm interested in. I got my OnePlus One because it was a good deal and I'm happy with my purchase (I still use my Oneplus One), but even at $300, it was at the top of what I was willing and able to spend on a smartphone. Smartphones simply aren't worth $600 in my book for what they do. I get that some people spend more on these devices, but I have other expensive hobbies :)

rarog likes this.
  12. rarog
    Lollipop Jan 22, 2020

rarog , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Yes, it will depend on luck and how market reacts. They tried it once with OPX and this was a relative faulure. But now some years have passed, so there is a new chance.

otto2 likes this.
  13. WolfpackN64
    Jelly Bean Jan 22, 2020

I think the problem with the OPX was that most people wanted what the OnePlus One was. A flagship enthousiast device. The OPX was more of a OnePlus One in a refined jacket the moment people were eying the OnePlus 2 (even if I did like the OPX as a device, I already had a OnePlus One, so there was no reason to sidegrade).
    I think, if they can release an enthousiast device with a high-mid range SoC like the Snapdragon 765G and maybe one or two cameras less (to be honest, I still think smartphones only need one decent wide angle camera), for a good price, it'll probably sell wel.

rarog likes this.
  14. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Jan 22, 2020

Bouncer71 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Yep... It might not be the best Camera around but it's certainly not the worst..
    Like @rarog mentioned you gotta work with the camera. Just relying on auto won't do..
    Use tap to focus/exposure, exposure compensation, lock focus/ exposure. Even works in AutoHDR... ;)
    Artificial light or darkness won't be a problem... ;)
    IMG_20191231_223654_001.jpg

IMG_20200101_004724_001.jpg

IMG_20190907_223808_001.jpg

otto2, rarog and apoellitsi like this.
  15. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 22, 2020

pablofg1978 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Remember the price of an iPhone 6? Or a Samsung Galaxy S5? Both phones was released the same year at around $650. Now the s10+ and new iPhone are over $1000
    You need to see the prices in context. Still you can get a oneplus device around half the price of an iPhone.

otto2 and rarog like this.
  16. WolfpackN64
    Jelly Bean Jan 22, 2020

But for the prices the high-end Galaxy's and iPhones are at, I need a OnePlus device at around a third the price. It's not because Apple and Samsung suddenly ask a lot more money for their phones I need to spend a lot more on mine.
    I simply won't spend a lot more then $300 on a smartphone, $400 is an absolute maximum.

17. ASCHENTE_V

That doesn't seem to be possible. Even Xiaomi new flagship will cost more than 500$. For 300$ it would be pretty hard to find a phone with top specs.

18. renegadegl
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

19. JmcRepair33
    Honeycomb Jan 22, 2020

JmcRepair33 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    what about the Oneplus 3 and previous phones? so how have you been from day one?

20. WolfpackN64
    Jelly Bean Jan 22, 2020

Their "budget flagship", the Remi Note 8 Pro is well under $300. I'm not expecting a luxurious flagship experiance. I just want the best value for money possible (while retaining a good experiance).