Lets Confirm Who Has the Ghost Touch Issue

1. seanpat05 Donut May 21, 2019

seanpat05, May 21, 2019 :
    My new One Plus 7 Pro is experiencing severe ghost touches and App crashes. Any one else have these problems? Currently using the T-Mobile variant

EDIT: I swapped the phone out at my local T-Mobile store and I haven't had the issue since. thinking my device had a hardware defect

EDIT 2: ISSUE is back again. started this morning while using Facebook(screen locked up and proximity sensor flashing), now able to replicate it using Cpu Z app.

Last edited: May 29, 2019

2. David Y. Global Community Manager Staff Member Jun 3, 2019

Stickied Post
    David Y., Jun 3, 2019 :
    Hey guys,

Thanks for leaving your comments in this thread, especially thanks to those who encountered the "phantom taps" experience and shared your logs file with us, your support helped us better spot the issue. Our software team has worked hard to identify the case, and we will release a firmware update in the upcoming weeks.

3. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Jun 8, 2019

Stickied Post
    Funk Wizard, Jun 8, 2019 :
    MODERATOR NOTICE | THREAD CLEANED

I have cleaned the thread. Please take a moment to review the forum rules, especially section 1.3 about Pointless/Off Topic Posts & Section 2 on Code of Conduct. Don't forget that you agreed to keep these rules when you signed up.

This back and forth between a couple of users in this thread is childish & these kind of conversations have no place on a support thread. This is not a playground. The thread is meant for discussion and support on the 7 Pro Series.

This is a courtesy warning. Please do not engage in this type of activity, especially in a support thread. Support section is are solely for the purpose of bug reports and discussions on possible fix, not for off-topic, chit chatting, or exchanging insults and personal jabs at other users.

Moving on, If you read something that you do not like or sounds offending to you or doesn't seem right or is possibly against the rules, please do us a favour and instead of replying back either the report the post or simply use the Ignore User functionality that we have incorporated.

When you don't follow the above and reply to the post in question, all you do is further contribute to the issue in hand and jump into the flame wars which should be avoided at all costs.

Please, keep the above in mind while you post on the forum, Help each other, and help the Developers to help you solve the issues and enhance your experience on OxygenOS. If anyone has any questions about this, please feel free to PM me directly and we can hopefully resolve it for you

Let's keep the discussion related to Support related things and issues moving forward.

Thank you for your consideration,

Funk Wizard
    Forum Moderator

PS: Ghost touch issue has been solved with the latest OxygenOS 9.5.7 update, Please flash the OTA and enjoy the device like its meant to be.
    If you have any issues getting the OTA, i am linking the full zip below for your consideration:

OxygenOS 9.5.7 Full Zip
    GM21AA (GM1911: India & GM1917: Global/US Unlocked)
    Official | AFH
    MD5: 53e71fc8720eb42085599ef27af0c5e3

GM21BA (GM1913: EU)
    Official | AFH
    MD5: a0c984211445ddbcbce7df76de10c0c4

4. xnutzii KitKat May 21, 2019

xnutzii, May 21, 2019 :
    @BeingIncog!!! Stop :D

Jk, can you possibly share these ghost touches and record them with another phone? And also - which apps are crashing?

5. cboursnell Donut May 21, 2019

cboursnell, May 21, 2019 :
    I have noticed something similar on my oneplus 7 Pro. Mostly in WhatsApp sometimes I'll get a popup saying 'do you want to start a video call'. The button for this is right in the top row but my hands are at the bottom of the phone.
    I'm on oxygenOS 9.5.4 GM21BA, phone model GM1913
    I still have the screen protector that came with the phone in place

dvh-96 likes this.
  6. SJBoss KitKat May 21, 2019

7. dvh-96 Cupcake May 21, 2019

dvh-96, May 21, 2019 :
    This is exactly the problem I have faced today. In WhatsApp the app sometimes opens the profile of the user, or it starts a video call, both of those buttons are at the top of the screen.

It already happened 3 times today.

8. DVNK09 Honeycomb May 21, 2019

DVNK09, May 21, 2019 :
    I would do a factory reset or make sure you don't have any water damage.

9. Greenforty Honeycomb May 22, 2019

Greenforty, May 22, 2019 :

This is after a full factory reset, so no apps that might misbehave.
    I have the same issue

Last edited: May 23, 2019

Krteczek, Praty_28, Hitman424 and 3 others like this.
  10. Melvin Joosten Gingerbread May 22, 2019

Melvin Joosten, May 22, 2019 :
    Also experiencing ghost touches here. It seems to happen at the edge of the screen on both the top and bottom. It comes and goes and there's no logic to be found. Just made a service request for the device to replaced.

11. casian.lacatusu Eclair May 22, 2019

casian.lacatusu, May 22, 2019 :
    I'm also experiencing these kind of issues. In my case it was only while using CPU-Z: phone sitting on the table and random taps & swipes being triggered, mostly the status bar but not limited to that. Still waiting to see if it happens in other apps... Just got the phone delivered today, model GM1913, Oxygen OS 9.5.4GM21BA

Hitman424 and dvh-96 like this.
  12. parsa5 Jelly Bean May 22, 2019

parsa5, May 22, 2019 :
    Ive noticed the same issue with CPU-Z. I am thinking this is a software issue.

Hitman424 likes this.
  13. cboursnell Donut May 22, 2019

cboursnell, May 22, 2019 :
    I mostly get it in WhatsApp, but sometimes in other apps too.
    What happened to the post with the video evidence of this? Did it get deleted by mods?

michele.cortassa and Hitman424 like this.
  14. parsa5 Jelly Bean May 22, 2019

15. parsa5 Jelly Bean May 22, 2019

parsa5, May 22, 2019 :
    Hi All,

Some of us are having this ghost touch issue, but it happens with certain apps only. I ask, for those who would like to confirm this, to test this out by:
    1. Download and install CPU-Z.
    2. Open the app and let your phone just sit there for 1 minute or so.
    Do you see random inputs? Please note, this is for OP7 pro devices.

For reference, here is a screen capture of what I see: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-8-O6UchZGLGUA95yJLjQSaqKhbYjljo/view?usp=sharing

I don't have this issue with all apps, but I do with some.

EDIT: Looks like the issue could be related to NFC and the proximity sensor. Turning off NFC has solved the issue for me and many others. It is not a workaround I like though, but it's working for now.

EDIT X2: Latest OTA 9.5.4/5 does not solve issue.

dmitch90, g.solakis, Sparkyz and 52 others like this.
  16. An.I.Am Jelly Bean Moderator May 22, 2019

17. parsa5 Jelly Bean May 22, 2019

parsa5, May 22, 2019 :
    I have, they are escalating it. Its not that strange though as many others on the forums/reddit have mentioned this. Its not an isolated incident. Are you able to confirm as well whether you have it or not?

18. streetkilln Gingerbread May 22, 2019

19. cboursnell Donut May 22, 2019

cboursnell, May 22, 2019 :
    You can turn on visualisation of screen touches in the developer options. "show taps" and "pointer location"
    I was just watching a video and it kept skipping back 10s because the ghost touches were double tapping on the top of the phone. Super annoying

Hitman424 likes this.
  20. dec1153 Honeycomb May 23, 2019

21. Silenthalo Cupcake May 23, 2019

Silenthalo, May 23, 2019 :
    Literally logged in just now to 2nd that it appears to be a CPU-Z conflict.
    My pseudo-educated guess would be that its trying to poll information from the sensors/hardware in the 7 Pro, and since some of that stuff is new tech, it may be causing issues.
    I was also having that occasional issue of the Ambient Display not registering my tap to wake the screen.
    My touch screen problems went away immediately after uninstalling CPU-Z.

Hitman424 likes this.
  22. Greenforty Honeycomb May 23, 2019

Greenforty, May 23, 2019 :
    Sorry Will fix it