Lollipop May 27, 2019

Gaurav Rohilla , May 27, 2019 :
    I hear they sold millions in just seconds :D

2. deuse
    Jelly Bean May 27, 2019

3. Hedius
    Froyo May 27, 2019

Hedius , May 27, 2019 :
    no it does not work for everyone... you should read the whole thread.

and it is not a fix.

Hackerspy, Schwabl and pgrey like this.
  4. Sujith G
    Cupcake May 27, 2019

Sujith G , May 27, 2019 :
    Hey David, Yeah I experience the ghost touch issue if I leave my phone untouched while on chrome browser on a web page. I have captured the video of this behaviour. FYI I don't have the CPU-Z app installed on my phone. Below is the link for that video I captured.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qGk3hcET3av3rWSzaPQdLuTaOw2IaZSo/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks
    Sujith G

5. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 27, 2019

pgrey , May 27, 2019 :
    @dmitch90
    *IF* this is true, why is this so "sproradic", on phones with the same manufacturing date (see my previous comment, where I have a matching date with another user posting here), and, in theory, likely the same h/w (certainly manufactured in the same manner, unlikely they shifted their production line on that date)?

I still firmly believe this is a s/w issue, having written a lot of h/w tests in my day, albeit on what's "aging h/w" at this point, but the testing concepts are still very similar. Not saying it "can't" be a h/w issue, just that it doesn't "look" like one (case and point, my experience of the incident-rate going way down, with 9.5.4, and the user with my SAME manu. date having zero issues).

I just don't see OP trying to "blow off" everyone, if this DOES turn out to be h/w, I think they're going to "make it right". A h/w defect is just that, "a defect", and it sure seems to me like the general warranty applies here, right?
    I definitely have thought about the proximity of the sensors, as well, in my (albeit, relatively "blind") consideration of the cause here.
    This has gotten me thinking of updating my Android development environment, so I can fire up a debugger, and "watch" the proximity sensors' feedback (my Win development environment is up-to-date, but I rarely use my Android setup, so it's pretty "stale", probably over a year now...).

It would be a good idea though, for OP to say *SOMETHING* here, soon.

Last edited: May 27, 2019

6. deuse
    Jelly Bean May 27, 2019

deuse , May 27, 2019 :

Well it works on mine and friends UK 8\256Gb version.

What version do you have?
    And this does not work for you?

7. H1558883691012
    Froyo May 27, 2019

H1558883691012 , May 27, 2019 :
    they talked about in the bug section, that they are taking care of it in high priority

Hackerspy likes this.
  8. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 27, 2019

pgrey , May 27, 2019 :
    Yeah, I am 100% behind this part of things.
    Despite my viewpoint of this "likely being a s/w issue", turning things off, like disabling NFC, or forcing your screen to 60Hz, or 1080p, is definitely NOT a fix, of any kind.

Hedius likes this.
  9. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert May 27, 2019

Cheetosdust , May 27, 2019 :
    This is not an official statement, but a staff member from the software division wrote:

Again: not a statement, but it shows they are aware and working on something.

10. Confirmed_civil_engineer
    Froyo May 27, 2019

Confirmed_civil_engineer , May 27, 2019 :
    ok the thing is they are addressing to us who are already aware of the problem so they don't take any risk.

11. elite5844
    Eclair May 27, 2019

elite5844 , May 27, 2019 :
    well I'm with custom roms and if you and everyone else new what it's like to code and get everything working you would understand better these things take time there's more than 20 items that control the tp sensors and it will take time to get things right

pgrey and shirokuro73 like this.
  12. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert May 27, 2019

Cheetosdust , May 27, 2019 :
    Oh don't get me wrong: I believe OnePlus should make a statement as soon as they know what's causing it and if any of the costumers who bought the device is not happy, they should return it.

I'm not saying that everyone should keep waiting and waiting and waiting. It was your money and only you knows until when you want to keep waiting.

Also: I believe I already mentioned this, but maybe the teams are testing with the feedback they gathered before making an announcement.

pgrey and shirokuro73 like this.
  13. Confirmed_civil_engineer
    Froyo May 27, 2019

Confirmed_civil_engineer , May 27, 2019 :
    stop infantilizing me I'm not complaining about the time they take to correct this but only about their lack of communication. cordially

elite5844 likes this.
  14. elite5844
    Eclair May 27, 2019

believe me I understand of course I don't use stock firmware software so I have never had this issue more than 2 days so I know for a fact it's software not hardware as I have a custom rom on mine

15. parisian_oneplus
    Eclair May 27, 2019

parisian_oneplus , May 27, 2019 :
    can you share the log here ? as a developer i am curious about how this bug is portrayed in the logs

16. dcmcc24
    KitKat May 27, 2019

swa100 likes this.
  17. elite5844
    Eclair May 27, 2019

I will as soon as I get home I would ask the users to remove all finger print and password pattern if they have any and aod as well go to stock recovery clear cache and dalivk cache reboot the device should not have the issue anymore

18. D1558344131743
    Eclair May 27, 2019

D1558344131743 , May 27, 2019 :
    you have a custom Rom in your OP7 Pro and No issues with NFC and ghost touch?

19. parisian_oneplus
    Eclair May 27, 2019

parisian_oneplus , May 27, 2019 :
    very interesting.. is there some sort of caching done by the security (fingerprint and password) that forces this cache to not clear itself and hence maintain the ghost issue ?
    i am just guessing here so sorry if it sounds ridiculous :)

20. Timeno
    Eclair May 27, 2019

Timeno , May 27, 2019 :
    The issue came with the oxygen update from 21 may. Nobody had this problem before that date.
    So i think it's a software problem in OxygenOS.