Lets Confirm Who Has the Ghost Touch Issue

1. JasCola
    Eclair May 28, 2019

JasCola , May 28, 2019 :
    It happens sometimes for me, but isn't a crazy hassle. Usually stopping and starting the app again fixes for the time.

spdsk8race1 likes this.
  2. G_Brandon_Clark_kPTj
    Gingerbread May 28, 2019

G_Brandon_Clark_kPTj , May 28, 2019 :
    I wonder why they are ignoring people about this issue. if I was the owner I would make a statement.

3. insomnia77
    Froyo May 28, 2019

4. porter_sc
    Froyo May 28, 2019

G_Brandon_Clark_kPTj likes this.
  5. parsa5
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2019

parsa5 , May 28, 2019 :
    Nope.

6. edrose
    Froyo May 28, 2019

edrose , May 28, 2019 :
    The evidence at the moment points to it being a software issue. From their point of view, I suspect it's not seen as such a big deal - software glitches happen all the time. I bet the number of devices affected to the degree that makes them unusable is small, and most people are only getting the issue in CPU-Z. There is also an effective workaround which is to turn NFC off.

There is of course a concentration of people on this forum who are affected, but I'm a wider sense I bet it's not seen as a massive issue being both (probably) software, workaround available, and small number of devices affected.

They have been confirming to people who try to RMA the device that a software fix is on the way.

7. bob2bob28
    Cupcake May 28, 2019

8. G_Brandon_Clark_kPTj
    Gingerbread May 28, 2019

if I go past the 15 days and it's a hardware issue they will accept it because of the warranty right?

9. parsa5
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2019

parsa5 , May 28, 2019 :
    I disagree, I think the evidence is beginning to suggest it is not a software issue, but a hardware issue.

10. Abruzini
    Gingerbread May 28, 2019

Abruzini , May 28, 2019 :

Can you please elaborate on that and explain us why you think that?
    In the last few post I saw plenty of motives to think it's a software issue. Why do you say otherwise?
    What evidence do you have?

11. O1541640768461
    Cupcake May 28, 2019

O1541640768461 , May 28, 2019 :
    I just flashed my phone to Hydrogen 9.5 GM21 and I saw the green dot with no ghost touch.
    I wont upload my video since there is one.
    I think I can wait for OP's solution now.
    Here are the photos. Screenshot_20190528-235041.jpg
    dot.jpg

Last edited: May 28, 2019

swa100 likes this.
  12. G_Brandon_Clark_kPTj
    Gingerbread May 28, 2019

13. Abruzini
    Gingerbread May 28, 2019

Abruzini , May 28, 2019 :
    Did you had ghost touches or only that "green dot" (proximity sensor working)? For me, it's ok if i have a "green dot" in a app that is used for checking sensors etc, but be able to use nfc, etc, and no ghost touches.

14. Noodles222
    Eclair May 28, 2019

Noodles222 , May 28, 2019 :
    hi all...Please, before posting coments READ !!!! READ those comments before, dont just post without reading previouse pages...Software 9.5.1 does not have ghost issues... Green light is proximity sensor triggered by app CPU Z... Dont misslead this thread just by postin without reading

15. sane__
    Froyo May 28, 2019

sane__ , May 28, 2019 :
    I'm also having the ghost touch issue. I also have another touch screen issue. For example when I swipe down, frequently there is no momentum. You know, when you swipe down and lift off your finger how it continues to swipe? Well, sometimes it doesn't. So many problems on this phone for this amount of money. No ip certification, no wireless, bad camera, broken software and features....

Oneplus really shot themselves in the foot with this one. I've already applied to return the phone. I gave 750 euros to have to much hassle in the past week.

16. O1541640768461
    Cupcake May 28, 2019

O1541640768461 , May 28, 2019 :
    No ghost touch with green dot. It's a normal sensor under the screen.

Yes, it's under the screen but it can be controlled.

17. porter_sc
    Froyo May 28, 2019

porter_sc , May 28, 2019 :
    dot is ok is a proximity sensor, but the ghosts are not okay so it turns out that there is a soft problem

Last edited: May 28, 2019

swa100 and O1541640768461 like this.
  18. G_Brandon_Clark_kPTj
    Gingerbread May 28, 2019

O1541640768461

No ghost touch with green dot. It's a normal sensor under the screen.

Yes, it's under the screen but it can be controlled.​

so should I hold on to my phone, because my 15 days will be up next tuseday?

19. rubensmarcante
    Cupcake May 28, 2019

rubensmarcante , May 28, 2019 :
    "Hi Rubens ,

We appreciate your involvement and support in this matter.
    While we know how important is to use NFC feature as we rely on it for Bank Transaction and why not this is the most convenient way of transacting instead of carrying wallet filled with cards everywhere we go.
    Certainly not something we want you to do that is do not use NFC , all we meant was keep the NFC turned off when you are not using the payments and as of now request you to use other payment method if possible.

We want to have this fixed for you asap , our team is working to get this resolved in coming updates.
    We need help from our community if you can please help us to share logs through the community app while using the NFC - so that the Phantom Touches triggers as you use it , as this can capture the root cause in the logs and it will help us to quickly fix this and release a software update to address this challenge.

Your patience and co-operation is highly appreciate.

Please follow the steps below to help us capture the logs from the community app , also share us the OnePlus account email you are signed in on the community app so that it helps to track the logs easily and also i can share this to my team."

20. parsa5
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2019

parsa5 , May 28, 2019 :
    Ive used Google pay 3 times, all 3 times my phone freaks out with ghost touches as soon as I tap to pay. I think there is some sort of interference going on with the NFC and potentially the proximity sensor. My evidence is only anecdotal but that is why im thinking its not software. Put a oneplus 7 pro device on a wireless charging pad and see what happens as well. I dont think any of that should be happening.