Lets Confirm Who Has the Ghost Touch Issue

1. G_Sean_Hawley_rosE
    Eclair May 24, 2019

G_Sean_Hawley_rosE , May 24, 2019 :
    I left show Taps on so I can see if it happens anywhere else. Might very well be a cpu-z specific issue... But I came here and saw this thread because I had a few unexplain instances of an app switch or the selfi cam opening and closing on its own in Instagram a couple of times.

2. E1558713482876
    Cupcake May 24, 2019

E1558713482876 , May 24, 2019 :
    I just confirmed I have the same issue z just got mines from T-Mobile 2 days ago. Made an account to add another person to the list. Really hoping it's a software issue too.

3. jasper1931
    Froyo May 24, 2019

jasper1931 , May 24, 2019 :
    This has been getting worse everyday. It seems like the screen freezes and I can't get out of the app or webpage that I am on. I bet it is getting ghost touching while I am trying to touch another part of the screen. I keep thinking it is my hand on the edge hindering it. I am glad people are posting about this. I purchased it on launch day and it was fine. Like I said previously, it is getting worse and worse everyday.

4. stepansonsky
    Eclair May 24, 2019

stepansonsky , May 24, 2019 :
    I believe it's just about adjusting some threshold values in digitizer drivers and not serious hardware failure, keep calm ;-)

KThomsen likes this.
  5. Astromanaught
    Cupcake May 24, 2019

Astromanaught , May 24, 2019 :
    I'm also having this as well,happens most in the messages app, but has happened on the main launcher too. hope this gets fixed soon and is just a software issue!

6. Astromanaught
    Cupcake May 24, 2019

Astromanaught , May 24, 2019 :
    update, CPU z absolutely freaks out my phone, so I've got to assume it's hardware, as it's 100 times worse than in anything else

7. BunnyhillBomber
    Cupcake May 24, 2019

BunnyhillBomber , May 24, 2019 :
    I have it too. I turned on show taps in dev ops and its registering random screen touches at the top of the display, both sides. It seems to be accelerated in CPU-Z but it doesn't only happen there. Hopefully, it's a software fix that can be addressed quickly.

8. hvihavai
    Donut May 24, 2019

9. cubito
    Eclair May 24, 2019

10. crazything
    Eclair May 24, 2019

crazything , May 24, 2019 :
    I get it in two cases it seems:
    Typing on Gboard and using relay for Reddit.

I just downloaded cpu-z to test and can confirm it happens like crazy in that app. it's not cpu-z specific but something all of these have in common and that cpu-z does "more" off.

edit: want to clarify I had issues before cpu-z and it has not increased after unless cpu-z is open. so it is not caused by cpu-z

Last edited: May 24, 2019

Melvin Joosten likes this.
  11. G_SS_123456
    Donut May 24, 2019

G_SS_123456 , May 24, 2019 :
    chiming in to say I am not having any issues so far. that said, I've not downloaded cpu-z and don't intend to. I'll give an update if I run into this issue in the future. I just wanted to let everyone know that it may not be affecting everyone.

12. G_Lorenzo_S_NIls
    Cupcake May 24, 2019

G_Lorenzo_S_NIls , May 24, 2019 :
    For me, it's the second time that i notice thr Torch is activated from my phone.
    The first time, i was thinking it was my mistake.
    After that, the second, I start to think the reason.
    And now i understand: seems like for me, the ghost touch happened in the upper of screen from notification bar.
    I've removed the Torch Tile from notification center to avoid the issue..

13. Curtixman
    Froyo May 24, 2019

Curtixman , May 24, 2019 :
    The issue is almost guaranteed to be hardware. The ghosting only happens in limited areas/spots and that's why it isn't noticable in most apps.
    Go to; Settings- General- About Phone.
    Tap Build Number 7 times to enable Developer Mode.
    Enable Show Touches and show pointer location.
    This will allow you to see it happening at any time.

14. hvihavai
    Donut May 24, 2019

hvihavai , May 24, 2019 :
    If I disable "sensors tab" in Cpu-z app the ghost touches go away. Not hundred percent sure, but after quick test seems that way.

15. parsa5
    Jelly Bean May 24, 2019

parsa5 , May 24, 2019 :
    Interesting find, I can confirm the same.

Abhi Dahiya and hvihavai like this.
  16. casian.lacatusu
    Eclair May 24, 2019

casian.lacatusu , May 24, 2019 :
    Tested this and it also seems to behave normally now.

Later edit: activated the sensors tab again and problem is back. It definitely looks like a problem caused by the sensors ...

Abhi Dahiya and hvihavai like this.
  17. BunnyhillBomber
    Cupcake May 24, 2019

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  18. parsa5
    Jelly Bean May 24, 2019

parsa5 , May 24, 2019 :
    Im not sure its hardware. Most of us only see the ghost touches in certain apps. I also believe Gboard is having the issues as well. I have enabled that and do not see any taps unless I access certain apps.

19. nagaindra
    Cupcake May 24, 2019

nagaindra , May 24, 2019 :
    Yes , It's happening for me too with few apps, it happening with oneplus community app too!!!

20. mustafa4ever89
    Froyo May 24, 2019

mustafa4ever89 , May 24, 2019 :
    Can confirm. I'm experiencing the phantom touch issue as well and it is limited to the top portion of my screen. I've seen it happen when I'm in WhatsApp, Snapchat, Google apps, Reddit app and a couple others. It presses whatever is usually on the top portion of the application, like the search bar, or group details in WhatsApp etc. I'm still within my 15 day return window. Hoping for a quick and easy fix. Would suck to send back such a beautiful device [e]1f625[/e]