Lets Confirm Who Has the Ghost Touch Issue

1. jdpeters79
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2019

jdpeters79 , Jun 1, 2019 :
    I don't really think they have been mute. They've said their developers are working on it, and their bug hunters have confirmed that to us as well. It doesn't mean that it's a software or a hardware issue for sure, I just don't think we are in any position to assume either way. Regardless, hardware is covered by the warranty so for those of us who have it and are waiting, we will be fine in my opinion.

2. baiosss
    Honeycomb Jun 1, 2019

baiosss , Jun 1, 2019 :
    Okay. Someone who hasn't ghost touch problems even with nfc enabled, can he/she tell us what build date his/her phone has?

3. G_Morad_Hajaliloo_WXAt
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2019

H1542153384332 likes this.
  4. jdpeters79
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2019

I tried that when he linked it on this forum, it didn't work for me. I've had the issue ever since I got the phone (I started on 9.5.3 because I immediately updated after I activated the phone). I think his solution would only work for phones that did not have the issue as prominently to begin with. If this thread and other info online have confirmed anything, it's that nearly everyone who stayed on 9.5.1 for a while didn't seem to have ghost touches, and that those who have ghost touches on later builds vary quite a bit in the frequency of the problem. Also, NFC off seems to "fix" it for everyone.

5. calebintuc
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2019

calebintuc , Jun 1, 2019 :
    I definitely have the ghost touch issue. The phone keeps doing stuff in my pocket even though it's locked. It keeps pressing things and it has tried calling emergency services too many times to count. I've been stuck without a phone three times so far. I thought the phone was off couldn't get it to restart but it turns out that I'm guessing the ghost touch issue keeps changing my brightness to the lowest setting in my pocket when it's locked. I love this phone but this is starting to be extremely frustrating and honestly don't have time to be dealing with it.

H1542153384332 likes this.
  6. jdpeters79
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2019

If it's the ghost touch issue, disabling NFC will fix it for now.

calebintuc likes this.
  7. xenom0rph
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2019

xenom0rph , Jun 1, 2019 :
    I did experiment, I opened CPUZ and there was ghost touches as expected.
    Turned off sensors in CPUZ and they were gone.
    Turned it back on and they came back.

Then I thought if its hardware fault with NFC then if I downloaded a app that uses NFC then I could test the theory.
    So I installed NFC Toolkit and first read a nfc tag and then wrote to 1.Both times I kept nfc active for few mins and no ghost touches. So this should confirm its not hardware issue with nfc as if it was then any app that activates it would get the ghost touch.

jdpeters79 likes this.
  8. edrose
    Froyo Jun 1, 2019

edrose , Jun 1, 2019 :
    I've been able to recreate the issue using NFC. I still think it's a software issue though, since log messages as the touches are happening indicate memory issues, and there is a memory leak in the touchscreen driver that's open sourced on GitHub. I believe the two have to be related.

9. xenom0rph
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2019

interesting
    lets hope OP release fix for all phones next week!

10. TheDarkWizard
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2019

TheDarkWizard , Jun 1, 2019 :
    I signed up to say this has been my experiance as well.

The phone is great, everything works as it should and the ghost touches only happen in CPU-Z if I reproduce it exactly.

NFC Tools (reproducing in this one does not cause the crazy ghost touches) and just having it on and using NFC Tags (like one of my bank cards) does not trigger it. It goes ham in CPU-Z tohugh.

11. xenom0rph
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2019

tried again but this time with show taps on and nope nfctools does not have ghost touch.
    so looks like some people have the issues on only CPUZ and others on other NFC apps and others on non NFC apps.

12. edrose
    Froyo Jun 1, 2019

edrose , Jun 1, 2019 :
    Tap the top of the screen as you read a tag, that seems to trigger them for me in NFC Tools

13. xenom0rph
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2019

nope still nothing

14. TheDarkWizard
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2019

I can replicate this.

15. W1559292845302
    Donut Jun 1, 2019

W1559292845302 , Jun 1, 2019 :
    I pre ordered a Oneplus 7 pro but I cancelled my order due to this issue. I really love this phone and i'll surely wait for OP to fix this issue.

16. I1527086365873
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2019

I1527086365873 , Jun 1, 2019 :
    My phone jus automatically restated while browsing Instagram. also ot froze when I got a call today.

17. W1559292845302
    Donut Jun 1, 2019

W1559292845302 , Jun 1, 2019 :
    Greetings for the day.

First of all, thank you for showing interest in our new product. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and delay in response. Please do not worry, our technical team is currently working hard to resolve the issues reported. We have also rolled out a software OTA update to fix the issue. If you have any other issue post purchasing the device, please do not hesitate to reach out our customer support team. We would be more than happy to assist you.

I hope you will be a part of OnePlus family very soon.

Feel free to contact us back regarding any other queries. We are always there to assist you. Have a nice day ahead!!!

#Never_Settle

I got this email from Oneplus regarding ghost touches. I'm sure they are working on this issue.
    Has anyone got a new software OTA update yet?

18. PatLan1989
    Eclair Jun 1, 2019

PatLan1989 , Jun 1, 2019 :
    Not now.
    Still on 9.5.5 — directly from OnePlus.
    Living in germany

19. TheDarkWizard
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2019

Not yet. I'm on 9.5.6 in the US

Derple likes this.
  20. G_Tom_Barnes_mqCA
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2019

G_Tom_Barnes_mqCA , Jun 2, 2019 :
    I have had my phone for a week now and the phantom touches have got worse over time. I am now rebooting the phone daily to stop phantom touches across various apps. Support told me a software update is in the works but if its not fixed by mid next week I will be returning my phone.