Lets Confirm Who Has the Ghost Touch Issue

1. edrose
    Froyo Jun 2, 2019

edrose , Jun 2, 2019 :
    In theory, yes. However there were a lot of massive changes in the kernel update so they probably don't want to roll all of those back too. I suspect it would re-break all of the other fixes they introduced, and no company wants to do that.

In software, generally if you have an issue that affects a small number of people and is there is a confirmed workaround, it's not seen as a critical priority - certainly not critical enough to roll back other changes. I personally put the NFC quick toggle in the top bar and am flicking it on and off as required until a fix is implemented.

2. Hackerspy
    Eclair Jun 2, 2019

Hackerspy , Jun 2, 2019 :

Thanks friend, totally well explained! I was waiting for someone's explanation from a low-level software point of view and you won me.

3. Spectr_
    Eclair Jun 2, 2019

Spectr_ , Jun 2, 2019 :
    I checked all the documentation when I opened my OP Pro and I remember reading the NFC is right behind the middle camera

4. t3chn0m4g3
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2019

t3chn0m4g3 , Jun 2, 2019 :
    I am curious, is the 12GB version also affected or are reports limited to 8GB variants?

5. Dthaki
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2019

Dthaki , Jun 2, 2019 :
    Yes, 12gb version is affected. I was able to see ghost touches on my US Unlocked 12gb model. However, I only saw the touches when I opened CPU Z.

t3chn0m4g3 likes this.
  6. G_yoad_matza_QaKW
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2019

G_yoad_matza_QaKW , Jun 2, 2019 :
    What are the known problems with the phone? (and how likely to get the phantom touch)?
    I'm about to buy the phone but it's a bit scary to buy it with knowing definitely that I'll get a problem.

7. PatLan1989
    Eclair Jun 2, 2019

PatLan1989 , Jun 2, 2019 :
    Just scroll through the last posts.

8. Confirmed_civil_engineer
    Froyo Jun 2, 2019

Confirmed_civil_engineer , Jun 2, 2019 :
    the main topic of this thread is a specific problem which are the ghost touches occuring sometimes. other problems are off-topic. hope you understand.

G_yoad_matza_QaKW likes this.
  9. alami.shayan
    Eclair Jun 2, 2019

alami.shayan , Jun 2, 2019 :
    exactly what i wanted to say, its software but why it takes long? Because it's not just oneplus in my opinion , it's the touch driver provider too which seems is synaptics, they have to work together to rectify this issue thoroughly wich make it take some time. People here should have more patience . Although i didn’t expect this lack of communication from oneplus in this matter.

and another point is that when the auto brightness system messed up this ghost problem happened.

W1559292845302 likes this.
  10. t3chn0m4g3
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2019

Thanks for the update!

11. t3chn0m4g3
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2019

I want to order the 7 Pro, however still waiting until this matter is resolved.

12. Confirmed_civil_engineer
    Froyo Jun 2, 2019

no reasons to wait the phone is great. trust me

t3chn0m4g3 and G_yoad_matza_QaKW like this.
  13. W1559292845302
    Donut Jun 2, 2019

W1559292845302 , Jun 2, 2019 :
    No doubt, the phone is great but what if we get all these issues afterwards? so I guess it's better if we wait.

H1542153384332 and t3chn0m4g3 like this.
  14. KThomsen
    Honeycomb Jun 2, 2019

KThomsen , Jun 2, 2019 :
    at least it's not blowing up.......... yet! :D

t3chn0m4g3 likes this.
  15. utpalpande
    Eclair Jun 2, 2019

utpalpande , Jun 2, 2019 :
    I'm in a fix whether I should go for the 7 Pro or wait it out. Unlike in the US, the replacement policy in India (Store / Amazon) is conditional. Amazon has a 10 day replacement (not return) window that relies solely on the diagnostics of the Blancco app, which ironically isn't very reliable at diagnosing problems.

It would be great if OP could provide some clarity on the issue—whether it's a hardware problem or not. I completely understand that finding bug fixes could take time but the company could at least show some transparency in this matter and not talk about things in a roundabout manner.

nik_IITM likes this.
  16. insomnia77
    Froyo Jun 2, 2019

insomnia77 , Jun 2, 2019 :
    I would wait. For all we know it could be a design problem. Maybe they will introduce a second revision. But it's all speculation at this point. What I do know is that the company has left people in the dark leaving people guessing.

17. prfraczek
    Honeycomb Jun 2, 2019

t3chn0m4g3 and W1559292845302 like this.
  18. utpalpande
    Eclair Jun 2, 2019

utpalpande , Jun 2, 2019 :
    Found this year old article on AndroidPit, which says:

"In more severe cases it's a hardware problem with your display and the way its housed inside the chassis of your phone...
    The unequivocally best way to fix a screen glitch problem is to return the device to the manufacturer, ideally under warranty for a replacement. When within warranty, many companies will offer a new device in exchange for the faulty one, though some may opt to replace the screen instead to try and resolve the issue."​

Link to the full article:
    https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-fix-the-ghost-touch-problem-on-any-android-device

W1559292845302 likes this.
  19. Confirmed_civil_engineer
    Froyo Jun 2, 2019

insomnia77

I would wait. For all we know it could be a design problem. Maybe they will introduce a second revision. But it's all speculation at this point. What I do know is that the company has left people in the dark leaving people guessing.​

edit: grammar

I'm pretty sure you're going a little bit too far dude. "For all we know" this has the most chance to be a software issue and another way to analyze their lack of communication is that they don't consider this issue deserves such commitments from the company (I assume this could be me going too far on this point btw).

t3chn0m4g3 likes this.
  20. edrose
    Froyo Jun 2, 2019

edrose , Jun 2, 2019 :
    I don't think this is the case here since the issue is not present on firmware 9.5.1 for the 7 Pro, and was introduced in a recent update. That's why no reviewers reported any issues. See my earlier post for a more detailed breakdown on my thoughts on the issue.