Gingerbread Jun 3, 2019

everkurt , Jun 3, 2019 :

I also made a thread about this

2. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Jun 3, 2019

Stickied Post
    David Y. , Jun 3, 2019 :
    Hey guys,

Thanks for leaving your comments in this thread, especially thanks to those who encountered the "phantom taps" experience and shared your logs file with us, your support helped us better spot the issue. Our software team has worked hard to identify the case, and we will release a firmware update in the upcoming weeks.

3. jdpeters79
    Gingerbread Jun 3, 2019

jdpeters79 , Jun 3, 2019 :
    Long ago on the original Moto Droid, after a major update of both the ROM and kernel, mine went nuts with ghost touches. Had to hard reset to fix it. That was my only experience with the problem before this, which is of course far less severe.

4. jdpeters79
    Gingerbread Jun 3, 2019

jdpeters79 , Jun 3, 2019 :
    Thank you for the reply, David. Is it safe to assume, based on your comment, that this is definitely not a hardware concern? I think that is the biggest concern among users here (and keeping some potential buyers away right now). Thanks again.

5. Curtixman
    Froyo Jun 3, 2019

Curtixman , Jun 3, 2019 :

You’re funny. The people you’re speaking to via online chat or the phone line are just outsourced telephone reps. They know nothing about virtually anything. Most people calling them are more qualified to answer questions with respect to OnePlus or the phone specifically. Also, aside from making useless apologies and offering the most basic of information, they have no power or authority of any kind.
    Reaching out to them about something like this is a complete waste of your time and theirs.

swa100 and jlopez03 like this.
  6. Noodles222
    Eclair Jun 3, 2019

Noodles222 , Jun 3, 2019 :
    thanks.. good to know.. So, what would you do? or Are you comfortable with waiting? Or shall we post another 25 posts wheather its hardware or software problem?

jdpeters79 likes this.
  7. Curtixman
    Froyo Jun 3, 2019

Hey David, would you try to be even a little less ambiguous in your comment regarding this issue?
    Maybe offer some actual information.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019

8. Curtixman
    Froyo Jun 3, 2019

I returned the phone already.
    I had to fight with them like crazy to get them to refund me and, just the other day while auditing my credit card transactions, I noticed they shorted me on the refund.
    And so it continues. Fighting with them about that now.
    Initially they didn’t want to refund me for the extended warranty they charged me for.
    Then they said I need to contact the third party supplier of the insurance/warranty to get them to issue a refund. Finally, they said that I can expect to see a refund in a few days.
    I was/am livid about the whole thing.
    This company is among the worst companies I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.
    I was so looking forward to finally getting the refund and being able to put OnePlus in my rear-view mirror. And just when I thought I could finally do that, here I am still fighting with powerless and useless telephone and chat “customer (dis)service” repressives to try to get the rest of my money back.
    Just wow! What a awful company!!!

I said in a previous post;
    This is a company that, it is clear to me, made a reactive decision to enter the premium handset market with none of the prerequisites for a premium experience aside from the handset itself. And evidently they didn’t even get that right.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019

9. jtkorkea
    Donut Jun 3, 2019

jtkorkea , Jun 3, 2019 :
    If I remember correclty there was ghost touch issues on earlier 1+ devices. They were related to poor grounding/shielding. I'm sure someone will crack 1+7 up eventually, it'd be funny to see if it still is the same problem. This whole thing has kept me from ordering the phone.

10. everkurt
    Gingerbread Jun 3, 2019

everkurt , Jun 3, 2019 :

Let's stop speaking here. I do not know if everyone sees. It should be communicated to people who have not seen the community site.

11. Krishna2142
    Honeycomb Jun 3, 2019

Krishna2142 , Jun 3, 2019 :
    Returned my phone for refund too. Oneplus 6t was great but 7 pro quality wise MEH. May be "7" is cursed like samsung note 7

12. G_Ben_rGwn
    Eclair Jun 3, 2019

G_Ben_rGwn , Jun 3, 2019 :
    Simple. I won't recommend this phone til this of fixed. I'm dealing with it so far but if oneplus acknowledged the issue and that it's fixed on all new models o could recommend to friends.

the issue isn't terrible, the lack of community support is.

also coming weeks?

shirokuro73, nicv and Curtixman like this.
  13. Giovannimatteo.93
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2019

14. Jason335i
    Donut Jun 3, 2019

Jason335i , Jun 3, 2019 :
    Just a few days ago I realized that my T-Mo 7Pro issues were ghost touches. Since I've had my 7Pro, it would sometimes open a random message, and I thought it was an issue with the way OnePlus Switch imported SMS or with the Messages app itself. Then it started randomly opening the Google search in my home screen widget. Today it tried to place an audio call from Hangouts, then it began opening the notification shade. I turned off NFC and it still dropped the notification shade a hand full of times.

I really can't have my phone making calls on its own. Need a patch for yesterday, and T-Mo needs to not sit on it.

15. luvdodo
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2019

luvdodo , Jun 3, 2019 :
    The first couple of days was fine! I then started seeing my screen auto switching while I was in WhatsApp, FB messenger or making a fb post and it seemed odd.

One night i left my Google nest app open (last opened app) and in the morning when I woke up, the phone was going crazy. I opened the Nine app for emails and the ghost behavior deleted 2 emails from the top. End of patience.

Packed the phone, got an RMA and sent it back. They made me pay $26 for shipping and insurance . I have raised a ticket for refund!

I'm not buying new one until they response this issue. The other issue is that the keyboard on my 3T performs better than 7. Lesser typos! Anyone have that issue?

Stay tuned...

16. edrose
    Froyo Jun 3, 2019

edrose , Jun 3, 2019 :
    Just checked - it does indeed contain the memory leak fix. That's interesting. I was considering trying to compile and flash the kernel as it was in 9.5.1, but I didn't in the end. I haven't unlocked my bootloader and I don't have time to even go through a full factory reset whilst unlocking it, let alone do the rest. I'm not sure whether the error messages I was seeing were causes or effects of the ghost touches - I linked the ghost touches to the virtual memory putback:0 messages because they coincided perfectly in time, and linked the putback messages to the memory leak because running out of memory does cause virtual memory to kick in. Of course they could have been additional side effects and not the initial cause of the problem, but I still wouldn't expect these kinds of messages if the root cause is hardware interference.

17. baiosss
    Honeycomb Jun 3, 2019

18. xenom0rph
    Gingerbread Jun 3, 2019

xenom0rph , Jun 3, 2019 :
    weeks sounds like it could take month or two which is not good. plus they not said hardware or software issues.

H1542153384332 likes this.
  19. nik_IITM
    Eclair Jun 3, 2019

nik_IITM , Jun 3, 2019 :
    They said it's software issue & they'll fix it in next update.
    Stop whining & have some patience.

20. Giovannimatteo.93
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2019