Lets Confirm Who Has the Ghost Touch Issue

1. jlopez03
    Eclair Jun 3, 2019

jlopez03 , Jun 3, 2019 :
    well... later buddy if you waited it out and didn't deal with the apparently and proven crappy customer service, you wouldnt have billing issues etc... Go to Samsung and get an OS update every 3 years. Get a pixel, an amazing camera with a horrible phone attached. Your best option would have been Huawei but the US government literally castrated them here. Or go to apple! they are fun if you hate yourself. Jokes aside... The takeaway is that every phone especially new ones will have issues especially the first batch. If you liked it enough to buy it you should have just waited just biiiit more and not deal with the horrible customer service and from the looks of it they might up their game on that too. Good luck my friend.

2. Curtixman
    Froyo Jun 3, 2019

Curtixman , Jun 3, 2019 :
    Where did you see either of those points if I formation?
    1- they confirm it’s a software issue
    2- they’ll fix it in the next update

3. Curtixman
    Froyo Jun 4, 2019

Curtixman , Jun 4, 2019 :
    That articles entire basis of validity stands on an ambiguous comment made here on this thread by a OnePlus staff member.
    It’s a page filler fluff piece filled with speculation, assumptions and misinformation.
    I mean, there is actually literally not one word in that article you wouldn’t know from reading through the comments here.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019

shirokuro73 likes this.
  4. jlopez03
    Eclair Jun 4, 2019

5. jlopez03
    Eclair Jun 4, 2019

jlopez03 , Jun 4, 2019 :

Curtixman

That articles entire basis of validity stands on an ambiguous comment made here on on this thread by a OnePlus staff member.
    It’s a page filler fluff piece.​

so when the update comes can we quote you and make fun of you? I actually like these forums and the folks here so I will tone it down. the verge has been the most credible news outlet to report this so far so I have confidence that it's coming.

Narayan_Shrestha likes this.
  6. jdpeters79
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2019

jdpeters79 , Jun 4, 2019 :
    That was actually from a statement they released to the Verge, although clearly they are passing this info down to their staff because they're saying basically the same words via the forum and support venues. I think it's relevant for tech blogs to report on it, especially considering it's the first time they've officially acknowledged that they're rolling out a fix.

I know you're mad at OnePlus, but this definitely is a positive for those of us who have kept the phone.

shirokuro73 and jlopez03 like this.
  7. jlopez03
    Eclair Jun 4, 2019

jlopez03 , Jun 4, 2019 :
    I mean people kept the pixel 2XL with the horrendous screen and the poor ram management and that was hundreds more than this phone.

jdpeters79 likes this.
  8. jdpeters79
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2019

I've owned so many phones (a ridiculous amount... I have a sickness and probably need therapy) and I will say that many of them have had some form of issue that had to be fixed, mostly minor bugs. As issues go, this one is mid/low range for me. It's not that bad, there's a way to temporarily fix it, and they were very active in soliciting info and data. All companies could do a better job of communicating, but they all end up saying as little as possible with malfunctions until they have it completely nailed down. Right or wrong. They probably do that to avoid lawsuits! :)

9. shirokuro73
    Eclair Jun 4, 2019

shirokuro73 , Jun 4, 2019 :
    I filed for the RMA. I will see what they come back with. In the meantime, a complete factory reset and setup from scratch HAS solved the issue for the moment. If the issue happens again before the RMA deadline, the phone is going back. If it happens afterwards, I'll just have to deal with that somehow. if it can't be fixed, I may sell the phone. Hopefully it all works out but in the meantime I will be carrying the Note 9 in my work bag as a backup, at least for a few weeks until I have some faith that this won't reoccur. While a factory reset fixed it, that's not an acceptable workaround on a regular basis, especially if I were on a work trip somewhere! fingers crossed!

jlopez03 and jdpeters79 like this.
  10. Curtixman
    Froyo Jun 4, 2019

You can do whatever you want.
    I would imagine there likely will be a update coming in an attempt to remedy this issue. That doesn’t make anything I said untrue.
    There are no facts in that article outside of what we already know. That includes their claim that it is a software issue. They point to no facts to back up that claim.
    The facts in that article are facts. The other 99% of the words are just fluffy filler. Read the facts and the stuff in quotations and discard the rest.
    Also, the likely inevitable software solution will not be a confirmation that it’s a software issue. Only that it was remedied with a software solution.

jlopez03 likes this.
  11. Curtixman
    Froyo Jun 4, 2019

A statement that is a near carbon copy of the one issued on the forums. It doesn’t say what most people here are inferring it does.
    If people read what it actually says and what it expressly does not say they may avoid some serious disappointment.

Here’s the thing,
    I have read posts from no less then three people since that statement and the resulting Verve article “broke” saying things similar to;
    “They confirmed it’s a software issue and will be fixed in the next update” when the facts simply do not support that.

12. jdpeters79
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2019

People are going to infer whatever they want. It literally says they are addressing the issue with a software update, and that's that. My experience is typically similar with other phones that have had issues. They don't often go into extreme detail, and whether they should or not really doesn't make a difference for us. The update will either work or it won't, and those of us who have the phone just want it to work, so we're not going to pay a lot of attention to much else, most of which is not relevant to most of us anyway. But, there's no sense it further debate on this. You said you're returning the phone and moving on, so frankly I don't know what else we could say. Have a good one, and I hope you get a phone that you like

13. Curtixman
    Froyo Jun 4, 2019

That is EXACTLY correct!

shirokuro73 likes this.
  14. jdpeters79
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2019

And I'd venture that nearly all of us are totally fine with that if it adequately corrects the issue. Which I would bet it probably will. So... it's become a moot point.

jlopez03 and shirokuro73 like this.
  15. Curtixman
    Froyo Jun 4, 2019

I don’t know why you mention it.
    I never made any statements/posts for or against a software solution. Nor did I make any claim that there would or would not be one.
    Reread my posts.

16. jdpeters79
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2019

Well, whatever the ax is that you're trying to grind is yours, and yours alone. Like I said, have a good one.

jlopez03 and RoverX like this.
  17. jlopez03
    Eclair Jun 4, 2019

jlopez03 , Jun 4, 2019 :
    Thanks for the green light because we will have a bit of fun with you. You are taking this to the extreme my man. Go get a pixel 3a and have fun with that sure its bug free and you don't have to contact Google support when all those budget components start failing on you. The takeaway from all this is that. The issue is acknowledged and its being worked on. The company acknowledges it and the tech blogs report it. They need content like everyone else but at least they are basing it on facts. Soo... yeah If you don't like One Plus Phones and support, why stay here if you are not contributing in a helpful and optimistic manner?

jdpeters79 likes this.
  18. Curtixman
    Froyo Jun 4, 2019

IMO you have missed it.
    I did contribute in a helpful way.
    As you mention above OnePlus, however ambiguously has acknowledged the issue and tech blog(s) are finally picking up on the story.
    Understand that the reason this is is precisely because a stink was raised and people complained and repeatedly pushed at OnePlus to acknowledge it.
    We also posted to social media and tagged OnePlus.

Since then, my comment that lead to this extraneous exchange was simply correcting people who suggested that OnePlus has confirmed it’s a software issue and a fix will be coming in the next update.
    The reason I corrected those comments is because the nature of OnePlus’s minimal statement was precisely intended to be so misinterpreted.
    People have a tendency to read things that are not there in black and white.
    They don’t even need the help of outfits like the Verve to do it.
    People read through this thread and see posts like;
    “They confirmed it’s a software issue and a fix will be coming in the next update” and believe that to be true or assume it is.
    I made a simple challenge to that statement and a correction and here we are.
    The only first hand and representative comment from which we can base any fact at all is this one;

“We have received limited reports from users describing their encounter of the “phantom taps” experience. Our team has worked hard to identify these cases, and we will release a firmware update in the upcoming weeks“.

All that statement says, as I corrected in my initial challenge to the various miss interpretations of it, is that they are aware of a problem and a fix will come in the coming weeks.
    What that means is anyone’s guess. Two, three, seven weeks...
    None of us know.

Hopefully that clears up some apparent confusion about what I have said in the past day.
    As for why I am still participating in the thread, I have been here since day one and I have addressed that before.

tobias14, J1542606030006 and jlopez03 like this.
  19. jlopez03
    Eclair Jun 4, 2019

jlopez03 , Jun 4, 2019 :
    "Breaking news! Forum contributer Curtixman found to be the sole reason One Plus phones are experiencing the infamous "ghost touch" issue afflicting the awesome highly rated and regarded phone." "log cat identified the user and devs eliminated him immediately, solving the issue." "The OTA is rolling out soon and reportedly also makes the phone shoot life saving surgical lasers and updates customer support exponentially."

bobby260 likes this.
  20. mustafa4ever89
    Froyo Jun 4, 2019

mustafa4ever89 , Jun 4, 2019 :
    Sigh, human nature is inevitable. Disappointing to see this support forum deteriorating like this.

jdpeters79 likes this.