Lets Confirm Who Has the Ghost Touch Issue

1. jlopez03
    Eclair Jun 4, 2019

jlopez03 , Jun 4, 2019 :
    btw I tuned you out already as whatever you wrote there is not helping any of us, nor are my little mockings of you. The difference is that I still have the device and am sticking with it with it;bad customer service, little bugs and all. Just like every other phone out there. night!

RoverX likes this.
  2. jlopez03
    Eclair Jun 4, 2019

jlopez03 , Jun 4, 2019 :

mustafa4ever89

Sigh, human nature is inevitable. Disappointing to see this support forum deteriorating like this.​

i agree... where where are the people reporting the issue? I know I did, from there a certain user brought out that human nature. lets focus on the issue folks!

Uncle timmy likes this.
  3. Curtixman
    Froyo Jun 4, 2019

Curtixman , Jun 4, 2019 :
    Ya... clearly. You’ve “tuned me out”.
    :/

4. xenom0rph
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2019

5. G_Morad_Hajaliloo_WXAt
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2019

G_Morad_Hajaliloo_WXAt , Jun 4, 2019 :
    Guys earlier today I had the top left and right corners of the display become unresponsive to touch. I had NFC on. I turned the display off and then back on and it's been fine. Is this also related to ghost touches or is this something different? I now have NFC turned off.

batho and ducted like this.
  6. Timeno
    Eclair Jun 4, 2019

Timeno , Jun 4, 2019 :
    Update in China for HydrogenOS, so OxygenOS will be soon out i think. Source: Tweakers and Screenshot below
    https://i.imgur.com/gBvY5lR.png

Translation:
    Changelog:
    update content. Optimizing the touch screen ghost problem is currently lacking the use of boot animation. [Set new side-slip gesture function, set > buttons and gestures > virtual button and full-screen gestures > return on both sides] Fix known issues

jdpeters79 and jlopez03 like this.
  7. xenom0rph
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2019

xenom0rph , Jun 4, 2019 :
    if anyone can check if our Chinese friends can test cpuz after update to verify the fix

8. wickedscav
    Eclair Jun 4, 2019

wickedscav , Jun 4, 2019 :
    I don't like the word "optimizing" in this case. Optimizing means reducing the number of ghost touches and not fixing it!

Everything points unfortunately towards a hardware issue again.

Curtixman likes this.
  9. ducted
    Eclair Jun 4, 2019

ducted , Jun 4, 2019 :
    Yes, is part of the same problem. In fact I noticed something was going wrong with my screen before knowing about the ghost touch bug. Depending of your device, setting the screen resolution fixed to QHD+ or FHD+ and screen refresh frequency to 60Hz could help mitigate that glitch having NFC enabled. (This seems not work on all devices, it's just a trial and error).

If NFC isn't necessary for you, just disable it until a new firmware arrives.

PS (Turning the screen off and on like you described in that situation also worked for me).

10. Timeno
    Eclair Jun 4, 2019

Timeno , Jun 4, 2019 :

Maybe bad translate, idk. Can someone speak chinese here? kappa

I think it means optimizing a part/firmware. and the last sentence says: Fix known issues

jdpeters79, Derple and marcinsu like this.
  11. CJRevell
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2019

CJRevell , Jun 4, 2019 :
    I have two of the Pro 7's and both are affected by the ghost tap issue. I have contacted support about one of them and was issued an RMA - I also emailed back the support team to ask if there was any point sending the phone back if it was not a hardware issue. This is their reply.

Thank you for contacting OnePlus Customer Support.

We appreciate the effort, time and patience that you have invested in reaching us.

We would like to inform you that its not a hardware issue. We request you please wait for the next update. Along with this please be informed that if you are facing an issue with any particular application we request you to please uninstall the application.

Thank you for understanding.

Please feel free to contact us.

12. ducted
    Eclair Jun 4, 2019

ducted , Jun 4, 2019 :
    So the solution is uninstall the entire Oxygen Os? o_O:)

13. Oxie
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2019

Oxie , Jun 4, 2019 :
    Can't have ghost touches if your device won't even boot.

ducted likes this.
  14. batho
    Froyo Jun 4, 2019

batho , Jun 4, 2019 :
    Yesterday, for the first time, I experienced the Ghost touch after 2 weeks of use. I was using Facebook.

15. The_Spark
    Eclair Jun 4, 2019

The_Spark , Jun 4, 2019 :
    EU version with double sided sim tray. Model GM1913.

No ghost touch issues.

16. jdpeters79
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2019

jdpeters79 , Jun 4, 2019 :
    Nah, the majority of the convo has still been about the issue at hand. Just a disgruntled former owner keeps chiming in, we would probably be best just to ignore that kind of thing (myself included)

17. Derple
    Froyo Jun 4, 2019

Derple , Jun 4, 2019 :
    smh

jdpeters79 likes this.
  18. jdpeters79
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2019

jdpeters79 , Jun 4, 2019 :
    Reported. If you're gonna spam a thread at least don't find one where like 99% or more of the people seem smart enough to know you're spamming.

19. xenom0rph
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2019

20. Curtixman
    Froyo Jun 4, 2019

Curtixman , Jun 4, 2019 :
    I don’t place much value on anything that OnePlus customer service agents say.
    They’re outsourced telephone representatives.
    To me, this likely represents a misunderstanding of the issue more than a confirmation of anything as is evidenced by the suggestion that you uninstall apps you’re having an issue with.
    The customer service reps just don’t know anything. I’d bet that in a week this particular customer service rep will be long gone. [edited by the moderation]
    I would make a hefty wager that once this is seen by OnePlus it will be the last time any customer service representatives ever make a similar comment in chat or email.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2019