Lets Confirm Who Has the Ghost Touch Issue

1. Spelt
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 8, 2019

Spelt , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Booted up CPU-Z on my phone but unable to get the ghost touches to happen. It must be happening in specific use cases as it doesn't all ways happen in the apps listed. It may also have something to do with the proximity sensor.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019

2. Spelt

Spelt , Jun 8, 2019 :
    No problems with touch response on 8g/256g model.

3. Spelt

Spelt , Jun 8, 2019 :
    By chance have you toggled on any switches in the Accessibility menu?

4. Spelt

Spelt , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Check to see if you have night mode toggle on.

5. Krishna2142
    Honeycomb Jun 8, 2019

Krishna2142 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Now after the update some are reporting the screen lost sensitivity to touch or the touch response is not that great which proves that it's a software level fix for hardware issue which affected some phones in the batch

My phone was not affected with this issue but I got another issue of dust particles in the camera lens.

6. C3C0
    Froyo Jun 8, 2019

C3C0 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    I suppose they also provided some real measurement data to support their claim. Or didn't they? I didn't notice any changes regarding response or sensitivity myself and unless real data is provided everything is just a speculation.

7. jtkorkea
    Donut Jun 8, 2019

jtkorkea , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Some? Who? Where? Haven't seen a single report. Then again I'm not that active on the interweb forums.

8. wickedscav
    Eclair Jun 8, 2019

wickedscav , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Eventhough OP has the best software and developer support of any Android manufacturer out there, I am not ready yet to buy the OP7 Pro because of this ghost touches issue.

The problem is rather certainly hardware related and only a new hardware revision will solve this issue for real.

OP unfortunately cannot claim to have fixed the ghost touches (not that that they have in the latest update) because there is no real, permanent fix for it. They are most certainly only masking the problem with various tweaks and settings (timings, sensitivity, voltage) to make it look like it's gone, but depending on the user behaviour an usage of the phone, there might be still occasional ghost touches happening.

I will rest my case until OP proves me wrong which might never happen. I still desperately want this phone but I am not going to shell out 750€ for a device with a hardware defect. Than I prefer to wait for a hardware revision or the 7T.

9. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 8, 2019

elanglois , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Confirmed for me

Anyone having this on 9.5.7??

10. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 8, 2019

elanglois , Jun 8, 2019 :
    NFC must be on, Sensors in the app must be on.

Now touch the trophy which pulls up a dialog.

A ghost touch will make the dialog disappear

11. Z1559897826048
    Donut Jun 8, 2019

Z1559897826048 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Guess you'll have to stay away from all OnePlus phones in future then. Even if it really is a hardware issue, doubt they'll change their manufacturing process for something that can and has been rectified by a software update.

Personally I've only encountered the ghost touches previously in CPU-Z, and zero ghost touches outside of the app with NFC on 24/7. Wouldn't even have noticed them if I didn't chance upon this forum to be honest.

OnePlus has maintained that the ghost touches are a software issue and have subsequently fixed them via a software update, so I guess it's anyone's prerogative if they choose to believe that it's hardware related and it will always remain a speculation at best.

Don't notice any touch sensitivity issues in 9.5.7 as well, and I feel that the full screen gestures are more fluid and easier to navigate now. No difficulty accessing the dropdown bar and menu from full-screen games too.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019

12. Pek Chee Yong
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2019

Pek Chee Yong , Jun 8, 2019 :
    I imagine the expected behaviour of a device as the overlapping area between a hardware capability and the software capability.

it's entirely plausible that pushing the hardware to the limit will produce unexpected behaviour. if I know that my car engine will overheat at 120 rpm. then it'll be wise for me to throttle it at 100 rpm. i.e. software constraining hardware for a good user experience..

I think that by no means can the user experience provided by OP7P be describe as faulty. otherwise we'll likely be seeing a lot more complaints coming from the community.

iacoplus likes this.
  13. edrose
    Froyo Jun 8, 2019

edrose , Jun 8, 2019 :
    How about you look at my previous posts in the issue? The kernel was spewing out memory errors and access violation errors whether the ghost touches were occuring, that's not a hardware issue and instead suggests a memory management issue in the driver.

Care to link that explaination?

jdpeters79 likes this.
  14. xenom0rph
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2019

xenom0rph , Jun 8, 2019 :
    the synaptics memory leak fix on GitHub still not been merged so that's not included in 9.5.7.
    but custom kernel has it merged but people tested and still had ghost touch.
    of course the software fix might involve more then that fix who knows or not related.

malidan likes this.
  15. edrose
    Froyo Jun 8, 2019

edrose , Jun 8, 2019 :
    The fixes introduced in 9.5.7 involved changing some device overlays and utilising different modes on the touch screen chip. There may have also been a firmware update to that chip, but that isn't included in the kernel sources. I've posted about this already. I don't have the time to try and work out how/if they're linked, but I am keen to read an official explaination if one is available.

xenom0rph likes this.
  16. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 8, 2019

malidan , Jun 8, 2019 :
    What did OP say the issue was?

If you don't know of OP"s previous issue with grounding, ghost touches, I would suggest you use Google they are very well documented.

And once again you're telling someone to prove something when you have proved nothing yourself, except for getting stuff wrong that is.:tearsofjoy:

17. MattBoxer
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2019

MattBoxer , Jun 8, 2019 :
    I know I shouldn't put other issues in this thread but I was wondering if after the 9.5.7 update broke warp charging for any of you? Mine keeps switching between warp and standard charging about every 5-10 seconds which makes the phone charge very slow. I'll try and go back to 9.5.6 to see if it fixes it or not but then I'll have to deal with having nfc turned off again. :(

18. jtkorkea
    Donut Jun 8, 2019

jtkorkea , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Just because something has happened before on different set of circumstances doesn't really proof anything now.

19. Spectr_
    Eclair Jun 8, 2019

Spectr_ , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Actually he has provided extensive information about why he thinks and claims what he does throughout this thread. To me, it's pretty obvious you are the one barking ignorances here without any fundament.

20. Spectr_
    Eclair Jun 8, 2019

Spectr_ , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Sighs. It's pretty obvious he has no idea of what constitutes actual scientific proof. It's incredible the number of people misinforming and misinformed, making bogus claims and spreading nonsense. This is not an obvious and simple issue. Your uneducated and uninformed "opinion" does not matter. So much time wasted with pissed off people who add nothing factual or enlightening to this thread other than hate and ignorance. Not to mention 90% of these people haven't even gone through the whole thread and just hate-post. It almost makes me wonder if they're actually paid trolls.

casian.lacatusu likes this.