1. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 8, 2019

malidan , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Several times before.:p

2. Spectr_
    Eclair Jun 8, 2019

Spectr_ , Jun 8, 2019 :

jtkorkea

Just because something has happened before on different set of circumstances doesn't really proof anything now.​

My post above was meant to quote this.

3. jtkorkea
    Donut Jun 8, 2019

jtkorkea , Jun 8, 2019 :
    That's like saying sun rises only because you've prayed every evening. Just because you believe something doesn't make it so. It might be hardware, it might not. Claiming that it is because it has somewhere in the past been hw issue is stupid.

And don't get me wrong, it really might be hw. But stop claiming it as a truth if you don't have anything to back that up.

Narayan_Shrestha likes this.
  4. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 8, 2019

malidan , Jun 8, 2019 :
    The only one barking here is you. People are claiming the issue has gone and the kernel mask hasn't been added according to another member.

Did not OP analyse this issue and post their findings? From what they said it sounded pretty much sounded like a hardware issue to me.:rolleyes:

This one is going to run for along time.

5. Z1559897826048
    Donut Jun 8, 2019

Z1559897826048 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Yup, because you know the 7P hardware inside out right? ;)

6. Z1559897826048
    Donut Jun 8, 2019

And you have not proved anything too though. Just quoting old articles do not back up your claims, unless you've owned and dissected the 7P yourself. :) And if what you've claimed is true, perhaps stop buying OnePlus phones then, since it's a perennial issue with their hardware? ;)

7. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 8, 2019

malidan , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Kid dont talk rubbish i've had 4 devices that suffered it.:tearsofjoy:

You jump on the bandwagons think you know everything.:rolleyes:
    It's all on the forum kid use the search button and I've posted links in other threads.
    OPO
    OP2
    OPX
    OP5
    I will just sit back and listen to the new intake say the exact same things that were said right back at the beginning. :tearsofjoy:
    I've even seen people saying use a case.:tearsofjoy:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019

8. Z1559897826048
    Donut Jun 8, 2019

Love talking to an adult like you lol :) So why are you still here on the forums then if you dislike their phones so much? But then again looking at your 20k+ messages I guess you really have nothing else better to do. Adult. :)

You still don't own the 7P though, so everything you say is just pure speculation. Again.

9. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 8, 2019

malidan , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Still talking rubbish.:rolleyes:

Where did you see me say i dslike OP phones?:rolleyes:

I didn't speculate anything, OP said.:rolleyes:

You don't need to own to read or debate.:rolleyes:

Have you got anything other than the usual fanboy lines.:rolleyes:

10. jtkorkea
    Donut Jun 8, 2019

jtkorkea , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Would you kindly provide source where OP has confirmed that ghost touch issues are HW based? I'd be interrested to read that.

Also care to eleborate what preciscly is the HW problem on 7 pro?

11. Z1559897826048
    Donut Jun 8, 2019

OP said it is a software issue which will be solved with a software update, which they did. Maybe you can show us where exactly did they say that it's a hardware issue?

You're clearly the fanboy since you've owned so many OP phones lol. Thank you for the support :)

Anyway I rest my case. Off to enjoy myself and happy trolling :)

mm86444 likes this.
  12. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 8, 2019

malidan , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Go and read the explanation for the issue, there was mention of software.:rolleyes:
    You guys own the phone and don't even read what the manufacture said.:tearsofjoy:

13. jtkorkea
    Donut Jun 8, 2019

jtkorkea , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Indeed, software, not hardware as you keep telling us.

14. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 8, 2019

malidan , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Just like it wasnt on the
    OPO
    OP2
    OPX
    OP5
    3's had screen issues
    6's too.
    OP have yet to admit to and any hardware issue.
    Even when 1/5 of the screen was yellow.:rolleyes:
    Even After 1 year of touchscreen updates.:rolleyes:
    Even when there was Jelly scrolling.:rolleyes:
    Even when people had to use a cases to insulate their devices to stop ghost touches.:tearsofjoy:

I'm just going to sit back and watch the ride, A Pity it's a nice phone even without the hype.

15. jtkorkea
    Donut Jun 8, 2019

jtkorkea , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Yes. The thing you do now is called speculation.

16. H1560000678575
    Donut Jun 8, 2019

H1560000678575 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    I wanted to remind you what the company's final statement on the 5T model looked like. Everyone remembers the jelly screen, OnePlus said it was normal. However, the defect resulted from a badly designed screen for the phone. And here it can be the same, that's why OnePlus does not say unanimously that Ghost Touch has been resolved. They can test different software solutions, unfortunately affecting the parameters or properties of the device.
    Some users noticed a lower sensitivity to touch. I am wondering if this really is a difference or a placebo effect.
    I think that an interesting look will also be the software version 9.5.1 (if I remember correctly), where Ghost Touch apparently did not perform.

But I am curious why no one came up with the idea at Ghost Touch problem to make a copy of the whole system in TWRP. Next, format the phone, flash 9.5.1 version (where Ghost Touch did not appear) and make sure it really was. Regarding people who have noticed a worse sensitivity to touch - please, make a copy in TWRP, check the older version of the system if it is better with touch, and then restore the system with your data again. I think that this is not a difficult process and that many people will dispel doubts. Maybe Ghost Touch problems are totally resolved and worse sensitivity are only a placebo effect.
    I could check it out if I had a OnePlus phone, but I'm just starting to buy and I do not want to run into a hardware problem.

I believe that someone will finally check and write how it really is.
    Have a nice day.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019

malidan likes this.
  17. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 8, 2019

malidan , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Those are Facts and on the forum and anywhere you may care to search.
    Do you even know what speculation means.:tearsofjoy:

Read the post above, he mentions Jelly and what OP said.:tearsofjoy:

18. jtkorkea
    Donut Jun 8, 2019

jtkorkea , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Yes. HW might've been issue in op, op7 is different device. That's backwards *** logic to assume that previous issues are proof of the current ones. It's not.

Spectr_ likes this.
  19. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 8, 2019

malidan , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Well said.
    Some just have no memory, don't know or just follow blindly and hope.
    There will most likely be a difference in touch as when I had this issue and they issued a mask it, that was the next issue to appear.
    On occasions having to tap the screen several times to register a touch, wise move to hold off and let them resolve it before jumping in.

20. Spectr_
    Eclair Jun 8, 2019

Spectr_ , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Like I said, the above "adult" arguing with you has absolutely no idea what proves or disproves something in scientific terms. He keeps telling people to search and talking about facts and still doesn't understand what you mean...