Lets Confirm Who Has the Ghost Touch Issue

1. DoctorDogEars Donut Jun 8, 2019

DoctorDogEars, Jun 8, 2019 :
    Since the update yesterday has the ghost touching got worse for anyone else? It was just so bad for me while in whatsapp while typing a quick message (about 10 words) it pressed the person's profile image taking me out of whatsapp three times! It was so frustrating.

Again, to confirm, no CPU-Z installed, latest firmware, NFC never switched on.

2. Derple Froyo Jun 8, 2019

Derple, Jun 8, 2019 :
    You may try rebooting into recovery and wiping the cache. That sometimes helps.

EDIT: I notice it says "Wipe data and cache". If "data" is what I think it is, don't do this unless you want your phone effectively factory reset. If someone else has done this, feel free to chime in.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019

3. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Jun 8, 2019

Stickied Post
    Funk Wizard, Jun 8, 2019 :
    MODERATOR NOTICE | THREAD CLEANED

I have cleaned the thread. Please take a moment to review the forum rules, especially section 1.3 about Pointless/Off Topic Posts & Section 2 on Code of Conduct. Don't forget that you agreed to keep these rules when you signed up.

This back and forth between a couple of users in this thread is childish & these kind of conversations have no place on a support thread. This is not a playground. The thread is meant for discussion and support on the 7 Pro Series.

This is a courtesy warning. Please do not engage in this type of activity, especially in a support thread. Support section is are solely for the purpose of bug reports and discussions on possible fix, not for off-topic, chit chatting, or exchanging insults and personal jabs at other users.

Moving on, If you read something that you do not like or sounds offending to you or doesn't seem right or is possibly against the rules, please do us a favour and instead of replying back either the report the post or simply use the Ignore User functionality that we have incorporated.

When you don't follow the above and reply to the post in question, all you do is further contribute to the issue in hand and jump into the flame wars which should be avoided at all costs.

Please, keep the above in mind while you post on the forum, Help each other, and help the Developers to help you solve the issues and enhance your experience on OxygenOS. If anyone has any questions about this, please feel free to PM me directly and we can hopefully resolve it for you

Let's keep the discussion related to Support related things and issues moving forward.

Thank you for your consideration,

Funk Wizard
    Forum Moderator

PS: Ghost touch issue has been solved with the latest OxygenOS 9.5.7 update, Please flash the OTA and enjoy the device like its meant to be.
    If you have any issues getting the OTA, i am linking the full zip below for your consideration:

OxygenOS 9.5.7 Full Zip
    GM21AA (GM1911: India & GM1917: Global/US Unlocked)
    Official | AFH
    MD5: 53e71fc8720eb42085599ef27af0c5e3

GM21BA (GM1913: EU)
    Official | AFH
    MD5: a0c984211445ddbcbce7df76de10c0c4

4. xspeedy Donut Jun 8, 2019

xspeedy, Jun 8, 2019 :
    Will I get the USA 21AA OTA while traveling in Europe? If not what is this VPN trick?

5. malidan Marshmallow Jun 8, 2019

malidan, Jun 8, 2019 :
    Best report it in the bug thread and then ask for a replacement, seen as the mod said it was fixed in the latest update.
    One would have to say you have a hardware issue seen as software didn't fix it, but I'm sure some will say different.
    It's your device that you paid for, so don't listen to the I'm alright jacks do what is right for you.:)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019

H1560000678575 likes this.
  6. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Jun 8, 2019

Funk Wizard, Jun 8, 2019 :
    I suggest you do a clean flash or factory reset once as the issue has been resolved after the update and there are multiple users who have confirmed the same over XDA as well. Just in case the issue still persists, go for RMA
    Let me know if you need any assistance doing a reset or backing up

DoctorDogEars likes this.
  7. jdpeters79 Gingerbread Jun 8, 2019

jdpeters79, Jun 8, 2019 :
    Kinda figured you guys would lock the thread now with all the extra nonsense that has come out since the fix! I'm glad I turned notifications off for this one [e]1f604[/e][e]1f604[/e]

PS - Thanks to you guys and support for taking the time to read our posts and collect the data to fix the issue. I am on 9.5.7 and I now have no more ghost touch issues, or any new issues whatsoever. Nice to see a timely fix, and glad it's not a larger hardware issue. You guys are definitely more responsive to this stuff than other manufacturers I've used. It definitely is appreciated.

8. jdpeters79 Gingerbread Jun 8, 2019

jdpeters79, Jun 8, 2019 :
    You can download it with link above in the forum moderator's post. Then go to the system updates and install from local in the system update settings. Or use the Oxygen Updater app in the play store.

Funk Wizard likes this.
  9. H1542153384332 Gingerbread Jun 8, 2019

H1542153384332, Jun 8, 2019 :
    You must have an unlocked phone to update.

10. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Jun 9, 2019

Funk Wizard, Jun 9, 2019 :
    Nope, stock locked can flash via local upgrade exception carrier locked devices

Download the necessary files from the post above and follow as below:

1. Download the Full Zip from above link and move it from the Download folder to the root of your internal storage.

2. Navigate to Settings > System Update > Settings > Local upgrade > Select latest OOS Zip

3. Flash the Zip

4. Upon Successful Flash Reboot to Recovery manually and Wipe Cache for better performance.

5. Reboot System and Profit [​IMG]

Device will reboot and your OnePlus 7 Pro is now running on the latest OxygenOS Firmware & OS based on Android Pie 9.0

jdpeters79 likes this.
  11. H1542153384332 Gingerbread Jun 9, 2019

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019

12. H1542153384332 Gingerbread Jun 9, 2019

H1542153384332, Jun 9, 2019 :
    Sorry but you can't upgrade with a T-Mobile phone, which is a locked phone. There's no work around way. OP has confirmed this. There's no local upgrade on a T-Mobile phone.

13. xspeedy Donut Jun 9, 2019

xspeedy, Jun 9, 2019 :
    Thank you! I went that route, and it worked on the second download. Wiped cache as well for good measure. So far so good.

jdpeters79 likes this.
  14. L1556529878738 Donut Jun 9, 2019

L1556529878738, Jun 9, 2019 :
    I've been on 9.5.1 since I bought the phone. Manually updated via the link the mod posted. Hopefully this thread will die now and that will mean the ghost touches have gone but I will update with any news if or when I experience anything.

15. Szityu Eclair Jun 9, 2019

Szityu, Jun 9, 2019 :
    Is there a thread for the mentioned screen issue with the horizontal lines?

16. wickedscav Eclair Jun 9, 2019

Szityu likes this.
  17. Darkmninya Cupcake Jun 9, 2019

Darkmninya, Jun 9, 2019 :
    Really unhappy about the performance of 9.5.7

Is there a way to downgrade back to 9.5.6 I gladly live with ghost touches

18. H1560000678575 Donut Jun 9, 2019

H1560000678575, Jun 9, 2019 :
    Why are you unhappy with performance? What is wrong? Is the touch sensitivity worse?

And yes, you can downgrade but you need to do factory reset.

19. Darkmninya Cupcake Jun 9, 2019

Darkmninya, Jun 9, 2019 :
    How can u explain me? AlReady downloaded the 9.5.5

20. H1542153384332 Gingerbread Jun 9, 2019

H1542153384332, Jun 9, 2019 :
    Improved overall contrast and color performance

Improved white balance consistency of triple camera

Improved accuracy and stability of auto focusing

Fixed issue of greenish tone in some low light scenes

Fixed issue of noise in some HDR scenes

Improved contrast and color saturation of ultra wide

Improved clarity and noise reduction in low light scene of ultra wide

Improved clarity and noise reduction of telephoto

Improved clarity and color of Nightscape

Improved brightness and clarity in extreme low light scene of Nightscape

No mention about ghost touches. Is it possible the problem was caused by the camera software?