Lets Confirm Who Has the Ghost Touch Issue

1. plp.gtr
    Eclair Sep 17, 2019

plp.gtr , Sep 17, 2019 :
    Please only reply to this thread if Ghost Touching issues are still happening with 9.5.11+ and not if proximity sensor bugs happen. That's a different bug and should not go here. Contacting support is a good and probably better start than using the Forums. Thumbs up for that, thanks!

2. cmasonuk
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2019

cmasonuk , Sep 22, 2019 :
    I have had the ghost touch issue for a couple of months. typically it presses top left of the screen every minute or so. This is super annoying as it prevents Google Auto car navigation (we can't touch our phones while driving in the UK). It's almost guaranteed to happen whilst typing messages in WhatsApp, can make several unwanted WhatsApp calls which is unacceptable. The temporary fix I apply is to remove the clear case that came with the phone and smooth down the factory fitted screen protector pressing firmly with my thumb along the top of the phone smoothly, then putting the case back on, it's usually good for a few minutes to a few hours then.

I haven't got time to read 90 pages of feedback on this issue, just be aware that I have OnePlus 7 Pro 8/256 running 9.5.11 and that the problem has persisted.

3. willrof
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2019

willrof , Sep 27, 2019 :
    Hi, just like to mention that on oxygenOS 10.0.GM21AA the ghost touches on the top left of the screen are back.

It's not as often as it were with previous builds, but it is happening.

If providing specific logs helps, just tell me what to do and I'll gladly share them.

4. stacymilne
    Eclair Oct 18, 2019

stacymilne , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I am having the same problem. random touches opening menus and causing the screen to scroll.

5. clammy77
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2019

clammy77 , Oct 20, 2019 :
    I'm having it too, only after the latest update actually. I'm on OS Beta 3 (OP7 Pro).

6. clammy77
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2019

clammy77 , Oct 22, 2019 :
    on op7 pro beta 3, and can confirm ghost touches are very much alive. never had this issue in Android 9. also seems to happen more when charging or when the phone is sorta hot. last time it happened a lot of FB messenger.

7. firenaga
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2019

firenaga , Nov 4, 2019 :
    I'm on Tmobile, 9. 5.11. I keep getting phantom or ghost taps on the upper left corner. Also notice this seems to occur in the morning commute when I'm using Waze. I charge it over night. It happened just now but a reboot seems to fix it. I hope it's not a hardware issue... Any other advice?

8. Bubbles McFarland
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2019

Bubbles McFarland , Nov 4, 2019 :
    I've had my new phone for about a week now, and started getting this issue. Mine is acting as if the home button is touched. All apps affected.

OS 9.5.13.GM21AA

9. vans19
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2019

vans19 , Nov 5, 2019 :
    This ghost touch issue is horrible and one plus still unable to fix it after months.
    Quality of their phones is horrible. I am not gonna buy their phones again.
    Even calling hotline they got nobody pick up the call.
    I'm all helpless.

G_Tim_Nv_NoGE likes this.
  10. Bubbles McFarland
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2019

Bubbles McFarland , Nov 5, 2019 :
    I contacted support, and they had me upgrade to OS 10.0.1.GM21AA yesterday.

Problem still exists.

11. Bubbles McFarland
    Cupcake Nov 12, 2019

Bubbles McFarland , Nov 12, 2019 :
    I found the root cause of my ghost touch issue. I had setup Dynamic Lock with my Windows 10 PC at work. It will lock your PC if it detects your phone is no longer in the area. It uses Bluetooth to check.

Once I disabled Dynamic Lock, the ghost touches disappeared.

12. G_Tim_Nv_NoGE
    Donut Nov 22, 2019

13. homerjam
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2019

homerjam , Nov 23, 2019 :
    I'm getting ghost touches on a brand new 7t. The phone is basically unusable! It's taken about 5 mins to type this out : (

Edit: seems related to the charger being plugged in

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019

14. TimNv
    Donut Nov 30, 2019

TimNv , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 30, 2019 :
    Well? when will something be done ?? is it really impossible to reduce the power of nfc ?? why is nothing being done? sometimes you want to break the phone on the asphalt, buy Samsung and forget it !!!

15. cyclogenesis
    Eclair Dec 1, 2019

cyclogenesis , Dec 1, 2019 :
    Waiting for my 7 pro to be shipped. These threads make me nervous. I am leaving an older samsung device with only a single issue due to touch sensitivity. This is not the things I want to be reading about one plus.

richmond.la likes this.
  16. chenasraf
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2019

chenasraf , Dec 1, 2019 :
    Huh, I thought I was imagining at first. Sometimes when I was driving, my route description would get toggled out of the blue, without any touching. As if the top right corner was tapped.

17. Mattkip
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2019

Mattkip , Dec 2, 2019 :
    Had this issue on and off so thought I would read this thread, then ironically it started bugging out again so tried to record the touches. You can see them at the top of the screen as I try to make it go back to the web page. Trying to get it to record when it bugged out was difficult, hence it made me go to the system settings.

Looks like I can't upload files more than 2MB ... I shared it from OneDrive instead https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApDEx2yWG2wKgcF24nnOSZWwZEoPCg?e=KRXApQ

Edit: this is on a OP7 Pro with 10.0.2.GM21BA

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019

18. G_Carlo_Piccari_yMzX
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2019

G_Carlo_Piccari_yMzX , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Hi I have been experiencing phantom taps at the top right of my screen (had loads of whatsapp calls unwillingly initiated because of that) since probably 2 weeks. Can we expect a fix for this? It is rather annoying

19. Snjperman
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2019

Snjperman , Dec 4, 2019 :
    bought the 7 pro during the holiday sales, no issues for the first few days, then randomly got ghost touches, thankfully i like to turn on show touches so i could see what was wrong right away. i updated to 10 in hopes it would fix it, but they started again after a while. they are not too crazy but obviously annoying and frustrating. i get 2 or 3 different spots near the top.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019