Lets Confirm Who Has the Ghost Touch Issue

1. plp.gtr
    Eclair Sep 17, 2019

plp.gtr , Sep 17, 2019 :
    Please only reply to this thread if Ghost Touching issues are still happening with 9.5.11+ and not if proximity sensor bugs happen. That's a different bug and should not go here. Contacting support is a good and probably better start than using the Forums. Thumbs up for that, thanks!

2. cmasonuk
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2019

cmasonuk , Sep 22, 2019 :
    I have had the ghost touch issue for a couple of months. typically it presses top left of the screen every minute or so. This is super annoying as it prevents Google Auto car navigation (we can't touch our phones while driving in the UK). It's almost guaranteed to happen whilst typing messages in WhatsApp, can make several unwanted WhatsApp calls which is unacceptable. The temporary fix I apply is to remove the clear case that came with the phone and smooth down the factory fitted screen protector pressing firmly with my thumb along the top of the phone smoothly, then putting the case back on, it's usually good for a few minutes to a few hours then.

I haven't got time to read 90 pages of feedback on this issue, just be aware that I have OnePlus 7 Pro 8/256 running 9.5.11 and that the problem has persisted.

3. willrof
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2019

willrof , Sep 27, 2019 :
    Hi, just like to mention that on oxygenOS 10.0.GM21AA the ghost touches on the top left of the screen are back.

It's not as often as it were with previous builds, but it is happening.

If providing specific logs helps, just tell me what to do and I'll gladly share them.

4. stacymilne
    Eclair Oct 18, 2019 at 4:32 AM

5. clammy77
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2019 at 10:28 AM