Lets Confirm Who Has the Ghost Touch Issue

1. flagshipkiller2014
    Gingerbread Feb 13, 2020

flagshipkiller2014 , Feb 13, 2020 :
    ..... Think I'll wait before getting my OP7 PRO with these ghosts touches. I haven't seen OnePlus say much about solving the problem....

gabe.bars likes this.
  2. gabe.bars
    Donut Feb 17, 2020

gabe.bars , Feb 17, 2020 :
    Mine started this weekend... First I thought it was because of the OxygenOS Beta 9 rom, but then I reinstalled the entire system with MSMTool, back to stock official, and yet the phone is unusable, the problem became increasingly worse. I can barely unlock it. The fingerprint sensor can't read my fingerprint cause it keep being interrupted by whatever "ghostly" touches the screen. This is so sad... I live in a country where there's no official oneplus support, so basically I'm now with a incredibly beautiful paper weight... It was the best phone I ever had... for almost three months... :(
    Just so future buyers know... Mine is the GM1910 6gb ram/128 storage - try to keep away from this one.
    Edit: I forgot to mention... sometimes it gets a little better, then if I plug it into the official charger with the official cable, then the touch just stops working at all, I can't do a single thing.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020

TimNv likes this.
  3. SimonKr
    Cupcake Feb 22, 2020

SimonKr , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Feb 22, 2020 :
    got the ghost touch today on my 7t pro. since im not getting notifications either and not seeing a fix for either im returning the phone Next week, trading it in for s20 ultra

TimNv and gabe.bars like this.
  4. TimNv
    Donut Mar 6, 2020

5. Andrea Giuliano
    Cupcake Mar 16, 2020

Andrea Giuliano , Mar 16, 2020 :
    I'm also having the same issue from day 1. I suspect the fact they haven't fix this with an update is because of some bad hardware design..
    I'm so disappointed, the phone is unusable with this ghost touch, I'm scared of writing emails.
    I've noticed that disabling the nfc improves the false touches by the way

6. Psychozz
    Froyo Mar 31, 2020

Psychozz , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Возможно, проблемы с тачем gsm модуля, включите режим полета или вытащите сим-карту.

7. D1559660466533
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2020

D1559660466533 , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 24, 2020 :
    Hey there! maybe I am only speaking for myself, maybe someone else mentioned this here prior to me.
    I have a OP7 and there is a lot of ghost touch happening, especially while using specific apps, so I thought.
    I think I figured out what is causing my ghost touch issue but I am not quite sure.

Here is what's happening: When I touch the screen with two fingers, usually nothing happens except my two touches. But when one of my hands gets in touch with the frame around my charging port my phone registers up to 8 touches. Remember I only placed 2 fingers on the screen.
    On conclusion in my case, physically connecting the bottom frame and the screen with my hands does wired stuff and seems to be reason for my ghost touch.
    I never had ghost touch issue while I didn't touch the frame down at the charging port, and everytime I want to force ghost touch it works.
    In my case I found the reason/trigger for the issue but I still don't know whether it's a hardware issue (I assume it is) or not.

maybe some of you have the same trigger for their ghost touch too? I'm curious!

8. Psychozz
    Froyo Apr 25, 2020

Psychozz , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 25, 2020 :

D1559660466533

Hey there! maybe I am only speaking for myself, maybe someone else mentioned this here prior to me.
    I have a OP7 and there is a lot of ghost touch happening, especially while using specific apps, so I thought.
    I think I figured out what is causing my ghost touch issue but I am not quite sure.

Here is what's happening: When I touch the screen with two fingers, usually nothing happens except my two touches. But when one of my hands gets in touch with the frame around my charging port my phone registers up to 8 touches. Remember I only placed 2 fingers on the screen.
    On conclusion in my case, physically connecting the bottom frame and the screen with my hands does wired stuff and seems to be reason for my ghost touch.
    I never had ghost touch issue while I didn't touch the frame down at the charging port, and everytime I want to force ghost touch it works.
    In my case I found the reason/trigger for the issue but I still don't know whether it's a hardware issue (I assume it is) or not.

maybe some of you have the same trigger for their ghost touch too? I'm curious!​

roll back to 9.5.2, this is a cellular problem. soon hopefully fix.

9. martastefl
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2020

martastefl , Jun 2, 2020 :
    I started experiencing ghost touched today, out of nowhere. I would be playing a game and out of nowhere the phone actives thousands of random touched anywhere on the screen and the phone becomes crazy. Please someone help how to fix this. I am literally considering selling the phone because this is unacceptable. The amount of issues this phone has is just ridiculous.

D1559660466533 likes this.