Let's Discuss – OnePlus 7 Pro Build and Display.

1. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Jun 17, 2019

Ruby G. , Jun 17, 2019 :
    Forum_spotlight.png

Hey OnePlus Community!

Product details are a passionate subject among our community. Fire and brimstone, or absolute adoration, the intensity of discussion is what makes our corner of the internet a fun place to be.

However, have you noticed how the current state of internet culture encourages an echo chamber effect? It’s easy to read a strong opinion online and parrot back the most popular internet joke, even if you haven’t personally experienced what you are now convinced of. (On a slightly related note, I love talking about the similar influence of memes on the masses as political cartoons of the pre-WW2 era. DM me if you like talking about this too XD)

Anyway, this is part of the reason why I invited our US brand ambassadors to collect opinions offline on the OnePlus 7 Pro. Our community brand ambassadors are spread out across the US and can talk to more diverse swathes of smartphone users, usually in a more relaxed way since they’re connected personally.

For those of you who are not up to date on the specs of our latest flagship, @scotty137, sets up the context nicely:

There’s lots to appreciate as a tech enthusiast about the build and display of this beautiful device. But what do people outside of the OnePlus community think? Titus (@S4A), who is based in Georgia, interviewed some of his friends/family for their reactions.

Pretty much everyone we talked to couldn’t say enough about how fast and crisp the display felt. Everything from scrolling Instagram, to opening apps, to watching videos, everyone was impressed with just how smooth and high quality the screen is.

We heard things from iPhone users like, “I have never seen video quality this good on a phone.”

One of my favorite comments from one of the folks in the video is how they had just bought an iPhone XR and wish they had bought the 7 Pro instead after they had gotten a chance to use it.

@Schafer talked to some of his classmates at Texas Tech, who were a mix of OnePlus and non-OnePlus users:

For those of you who are fairly astute, you may notice that most of comments above are positive. No duh. As the people who built this device, we like to hear compliments about the product we’ve labored on. Hence the emphasis that every post from us is a conversation: If you currently own the OnePlus 7 Pro, we’d love to hear your thoughts on the build/display - what do you like/dislike? Opinions based on personal experience please, red herring off-topic copypasta spam (that actually sounds delicious) will be cleaned.

2. dvrvinnureddy98
    Eclair Jun 18, 2019

dvrvinnureddy98 , Jun 18, 2019 :
    hi to OnePlus team according to OnePlus 7 pro display durability I am satisfied with gorilla glass 5 , but officially kindly launch OnePlus 7 pro display screen protectors ,I hope so OnePlus team listen customers voice to do a better job asap.and plz improve more and more software that should debeat apple iphones in performance.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019

Epfauth, mw93589, nateavi and 9 others like this.
  3. D1541703546842
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

D1541703546842 , Jun 18, 2019 :
    My only complaint on the build is the curved edges, just the same as the current Galaxy handsets, ( aside from the 10e ) this display is also crippled ( in my opinion ) by the fact that it is much harder to find a case, if any exists at all, that will fully protect the display; there is only bumper protection on the top and bottom of the display leaving the whole length of each side virtually exposed. Aesthetically, the curve is gorgeous, but not as protectable.

4. N1558190025376
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

N1558190025376 , Jun 18, 2019 :
    I love the display and the new update to fix the camera quality is great. My only complaint is that since the new update today, the color of the apps on my home screen have become dull and my video quality is fuzzy all of a sudden .

BenHasaki likes this.
  5. F_Jesus_Ordonez_WeAx
    Eclair Jun 18, 2019

F_Jesus_Ordonez_WeAx , Jun 18, 2019 :
    The build is solid & well thought out. I find regarding these two areas, the only thing I would have different is the brightness level of the screen. It needs to be maybe 200+ nits brighter. I mean, it's a beautiful screen with the high dpi and 90 hertz refresh rate, but all that doesn't mean jack when everytime you're using it out in the sun, you're unable to see what's on the screen Not sure if software can turn the brightness ability up on the OP7Pro, but I would hope future models come packing a little brighter screen to help us all enjoy what you guys worked so hard on that's UNDER the screen [e]1f609[/e] Best wishes and much respect to you guys! [e]1f60a[/e]

6. F_Jim_Waldsmith_Qepu
    Donut Jun 18, 2019

7. D1541703546842
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

LarsdaYakha likes this.
  8. F_Jim_Waldsmith_Qepu
    Donut Jun 18, 2019

F_Jim_Waldsmith_Qepu , Jun 18, 2019 :
    the camera could use some work and the god awful auto brightness.... I do love the wide gamut Mode and the extraordinary brightness of the display.

9. JelleZon
    Lollipop Jun 18, 2019

JelleZon , Jun 18, 2019 :
    the screen might be awesome and the build as well but the phone is way too big for me ... :(

10. ssaikiran92
    Honeycomb Jun 18, 2019

ssaikiran92 , Jun 18, 2019 :
    The build of the phone is where the concentration should have been. I mean it's bulky in hand. I held a S10+ in hand and it feels so light. it's even thinner than OnePlus 7 pro.
    I agree the screen is outstanding but could have focused better on design.

rokpuppis and Venkateshpai40 like this.
  11. Aakash047
    Gingerbread Jun 18, 2019

Aakash047 , Jun 18, 2019 :
    The display on OnePlus 7 Pro is awesome and I have no complaints regarding that but my only question is when will an official tempered glass be released to protect the beautiful screen??

12. dlivshen
    Donut Jun 18, 2019

dlivshen , Jun 18, 2019 :
    The screen is great. What's really weird in my opinion is that the screen changes it's refresh rate dynamically (I have some apps that the screen reduces the refresh rate on them to 60hz). I have read in developer forums that you can set the screen to be constant 90hz by setting a variable via adb. Can you make that option official by adding a switch to the settings that will make the screen always 90hz no matter what?
    I just want that that 90hz rate will be over all apps.

Thanks!

13. B1559228921859
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

B1559228921859 , Jun 18, 2019 :
    Dear All, Since I start using one plus 7pro nubela blue, my eyes started paining and becomes red while using it.
    don't know the same issue with anyone else too.

14. RAHUL2VIJAY
    Froyo Jun 18, 2019

RAHUL2VIJAY , Jun 18, 2019 :
    gorilla glass 5

15. Anishrajus
    Gingerbread Jun 18, 2019

Anishrajus , Jun 18, 2019 :
    who said its Corning Gorilla glass 3? OP 7pro have Corning Gorilla glass 5 on front and back

source from official Corning website: https://www.corning.com/gorillaglas...glass-front-and-back/oneplus/oneplus7pro.html

16. RAHUL2VIJAY
    Froyo Jun 18, 2019

17. batho
    Froyo Jun 18, 2019

batho , Jun 18, 2019 :
    According to me, OP7 pro is better than other Samsung phones. The display and general build is awesome. Solid, hard but smooth and nice to touch. Well done guys!

H1561013808214 likes this.
  18. dvrvinnureddy98
    Eclair Jun 18, 2019

19. Andy lone
    Gingerbread Jun 18, 2019

Andy lone , Jun 18, 2019 :
    hi there I love the OnePlus 7 pro screen it's awesome and the refresh is great , I dig the lovely curves of the pro it's a beast

HardstylerDK likes this.
  20. C1560844186934
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2019