Let's Discuss – OnePlus 7 Pro Build and Display.

1. praths360 Eclair Jun 19, 2019

praths360, Jun 19, 2019 :
    no can't see the display in sun. S10 has 1500 nits of brightness need 1200 nits on this phone at least

nateavi likes this.
  2. Staffie85 Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

Staffie85, Jun 19, 2019 :
    I love my new OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, think it's an amazing phone and even more so for the price, so thanks OnePlus for making a great phone with a great community and regular updates.

Only things I would like to see changed/improved would be,

1: The option to lock screen refresh at 90hz in settings.

2: 40W or 50W charging next time, because my Mate 20 Pro 4200mah charges 0-100% in just under 1 hour with its 40W charger.

3: Wireless charging because 20W wireless charging is a thing now, meaning it's now as fast or faster to charge them most other phones now.

4: Headphones and Headphone adapter on the box (shouldn't have to ask for that one as should be standard)

5: Micro SD or if you don't want to slow down the phone with that, you could just invent a slot for us to put an NVME SSD in (Like old laptops had an expansion port), just saying [e]1f60f[/e]
    OnePlus 7T Pro 5G with slot for NVME SSD anyone

Thats all I can think of right now but keep up the great work and thanks for including a pre-installed Screen protector and a clear case in the box [e]1f60a[/e]

3. Jeramy_Koval Froyo Jun 19, 2019

Jeramy_Koval, Jun 19, 2019 :
    The build quality and display are ok with me. But I've been using the Note series forn the past 3 years so the change isn't drastically different for me.

I do wish it was a bit brighter when outdoors but that's a minor complaint. Or perhaps a better anti glare coating to reduce the washout effect.

Otherwise love the device.

andyPR23 likes this.
  4. Kironraj Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

Kironraj, Jun 19, 2019 :
    to make a dent on this liquid display is easy. just give some pressue with a key or something like that and there you go a forever line made in the display.

in other displays . this is so hard to make. but in OP7 pro its easy.

nateavi and MR.BEN312 like this.
  5. MR.BEN312 Honeycomb Jun 19, 2019

MR.BEN312, Jun 19, 2019 :
    why would you want to dent your display like that beside the display is so responsive so there is no need to apply pressure...

6. Scottspa74 Froyo Jun 19, 2019

7. Scottspa74 Froyo Jun 19, 2019

Scottspa74, Jun 19, 2019 :
    from all I've read, that's exactly how it behaves.

8. nateavi Gingerbread Jun 19, 2019

nateavi, Jun 19, 2019 :
    Guys, was really hoping for Gorilla Glass 6 on the phone. That was alet down. And yes, the phone is way too big but the lack of a one handed feature kinda is a bit lame. Besides that, I'd say the back of the phone could have been designed better. The camera lens placement and it's grill looks... Uninspiring.

Maybe, just maybe, you could've taken inspiration from Oppo Reno's rear. Now that's straight up beautiful!
    Overall, keep up the good work. Love my Oneplus 7 Pro.

9. brian.sedore Honeycomb Jun 20, 2019

brian.sedore, Jun 20, 2019 :
    Pros:
    - 90hz refresh rate (display)
    - colour calibration (display)
    - picture quality (display)
    - no notch (display)
    - slider usability (build)

Cons:
    - curved sides (it seemed like a lot of people didn't like this on Galaxy phones, but here we are)
    - maybe a little too big
    - headphone jack is absent (build)

10. mocasorla Donut Jun 20, 2019

mocasorla, Jun 20, 2019 :
    Solid built quality but with costly sacrifices, removing the headphone jack was a bad move, at least for North American market that was kinda of a backstabbing move. Curved display is so beautiful but not the most functional display for users with big hands, I'm always touching the side while gripping the phone, plus there's not a decent glass screen protector, and I'm not a fan of plastic ones.

I have to say the look and feel of the hardware is superb, finally worthy of carrying this phone naked, it's a risk but I like the nebula blue color that it's almost a crime to put a case in it, unless your usage demands for one, which I can totally understand as well.

OnePlus, please help me understand your justification for not including wireless charging on this precious device? it just doesn't make sense to omit it at this point, I would have much rather have wireless charging and would have gladly pay for a OnePlus fast charging solution!! Would have taken that over the faster warp charger, in North American is all about convenience and wireless is starting to become one very fast, having to plugging my phone it's a hassle,

Get me a job with your team and I'll easily help you sell another few millions in the North America market, and an additional few in South America.

Want to sell a few additional millions? Add expanded storage options, don't be an Apple or Google, be the nice guys who over user friendly features.

Pricing is slightly overpriced, yes I know it's competitive but anything above $700 bills you're pushing your luck and you could have sold so many more devices had you stayed below $700, plus It's a simply business approach that has been around for hundreds of years, Volume over Gross profit equals more revenue and in term EBDTA.

11. elanglois Lollipop Jun 20, 2019

elanglois, Jun 20, 2019 :
    I know a lot of people hate the curve, especially the distortion it can make in videos. However, I feel it reduces than amount of accidental touches we might other get from reaching across the display. So, for very large screens like this, the curve may have some subtle usefullness that would otherwise render such a large screen less useable

12. elanglois Lollipop Jun 20, 2019

I find it odd that people say the price is too high, yet they ask for options few people need or want! An SD Card? You want a floppy drive too?

Not to mention you'll be making the battery smaller and ... plugging in your phone is a "hassle"?? First World Problems!

13. elanglois Lollipop Jun 20, 2019

Any 60fps video would look aweful

14. mocasorla Donut Jun 20, 2019

mocasorla, Jun 20, 2019 :
    I'll take that floppy drive anytime, those things were the best thing, I never lost one. lol, I believe there's a balance between compromise and market features, which I believe that's what OnePlus did for many of the design on the OnePlus 7 Pro. Nevertheless, the current features still have value. High pricing is relevant to each individual but overall I would imagine better sales numbers with a slightly lower pricing, but what do I know, I'm just a user who has only worked in sales for only 35 years in South and North American markets. OnePlus executives with the six figures salaries are the ones making the decisions on that corporate office.

15. elanglois Lollipop Jun 20, 2019

floppies were horribly slow and prone to data loss. People would save things to a floppy for safe-keeping and there was actually a chance that the PC right next to you couldn't read it because of drive alignment issues. Your chances of reading it even on the machine that wrote it drop exponentially with time.

Hope your sales is better

16. elanglois Lollipop Jun 20, 2019

17. Y1558148690025 Cupcake Jun 20, 2019

Y1558148690025, Jun 20, 2019 :
    Yes!! One plus team should bring screen protector which suits the phone as whatever available in the market is not covering the edges. Camera still can improve. Rest is superb

18. redpointcrux Cupcake Jun 20, 2019

redpointcrux, Jun 20, 2019 :
    I've noticed that the color changes slightly when tilting the phone. It's more noticable when viewing white backgrounds. It goes from white to a purplish hew. Not sure if this is characteristic of all OLED phones or not.

19. N1560787612582 Cupcake Jun 20, 2019

20. Android450 Marshmallow Jun 20, 2019

N1560787612582 likes this.