What do you prefer?

1. PCs

76.2%
  2. Smartphones

23.8%
  1. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Feb 27, 2021

keithnyc , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Great post, buddy. I, like @dsmonteiro , also grew up with PC's long before smartphones came out (actually, I'm much older than both you guys put together, so I grew up before PC's...our computers used magnetic tape on cassettes and reels). But like I've noted in many of my past reviews of OnePlus devices, I've always preferred large screen phones over smaller ones because I used my phone for much of my work, both at school and at my job. I needed a larger screen deviceto read my Excel, word and powerpoint files.
    Not that's not to say I don't prefer using a desktop for big projects which require reviewing and editing multiple documents over several hours or days. But if I had to make one choice and select one device over the other, it would be my smartphone.
    Why?
    It's just so damn convenient. I always have it on me and I can multitask with it..... For example, I can open a word document, edit it, attach a photo and sound file and send it of to someone.... all while on one device and hanging out in the park! Try that with a bulky desktop.
    My love for these small devices started with Apple's Newton MessagePad in the 80's. I fell in love with its large greyscale screen, the pen input and its ability to send my documents through a phone line when I attached it to a modem (a PCMCIA card with a phone hookup). I was blown away by the convenience.
    Today's smartphone takes that convenience to another level.
    So there you go.
    Thanks again for a great post!

2. McJader
    Lollipop Feb 27, 2021

McJader , Feb 27, 2021 :
    These are exactly the reasons why I prefer a smartphone.
    Thanks for reading and responding!

keithnyc, Helder_DAlmeida and Dresa91 like this.
  3. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Feb 27, 2021

Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Thanks for this very nice thread @McJader! Since I was very young I used computers, I started on the 48k spectrum and then PC. I always had a PC to play strong. As time went by and my life changed, work, family, Aikido etc ... Each time I started to use less the PC for leisure and more for work. Until, for a few years now, I only play on my OnePlus! But for work I always use the PC, as it is a matter of comfort.

4. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Feb 27, 2021

Mr. BG , Feb 27, 2021 :
    I'll quote myself here:

Cuz I'm lazy ;)

5. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Feb 27, 2021

Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 27, 2021 :
    I think that is the future 🔮 Dresa!

TibiTibi, Dresa91 and McJader like this.
  6. eastbay
    KitKat Feb 27, 2021

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021

7. eastbay
    KitKat Feb 27, 2021

eastbay , via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Thanks Brother!! 👊🏻

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021

McJader, Helder_DAlmeida and Dresa91 like this.
  8. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Feb 27, 2021

TibiTibi , Feb 27, 2021 :
    I remember the OnePlus One was/is the reason I'm turning on the home PC less than before.

Now I'm playing less games, compose less music, do less photoshopping.

I've started to use the phone for browsing and taking/editing photos.

PC and phone serve in different way, there is an intersection of both words.
    The both are rather complementary - not a 100% replacement.

9. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Feb 27, 2021

10. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Feb 27, 2021

Dresa91 , Feb 27, 2021 :
    yeah

eastbay and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  11. SRD.
    Lollipop Feb 27, 2021

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Hey @McJader such a nice thread.
    Welll... Both of them are having their own advantages & disadvantages. Both are having different usage and can't be replaceable.
    Tab is feeling cheated over here. 😜

Helder_DAlmeida, Mr. BG and Dresa91 like this.
  12. Tilak G.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 27, 2021

Tilak G. , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Very Informative and Great Thread to have a discussion @McJader . When you said a new thread I thought of something in a AJ's Crazy Supercool Laugh out Loud Thread. But this was great. Pardon me for being late to Visit the thread. I never was into mobiles, Being a kid I always thought bigger screen bigger fun. Later We’ve seen the evolution of mobile computing technology firsthand over the past few years, appreciating how it has increased our productivity at work.Over time, though, the laptops got sleeker, and the phones got smarter. The busy professional’s mobile computing arsenal converged and became simpler, lighter and more powerful especially on the smartphone side.
    Smart phones literally have capabilities that surpass some of the best laptops. When was the last time that we saw a laptop with an Good megapixel camera and 4k recording like in mobiles. Sure, some high end laptops have these capabilities, but they are higher in price and not nearly as accessible as a smart phone. Smart phones applications and software may still be in their growing .I myself always prefer a laptop/desktop because of the bigger screen which I like and smartphone is something I just barely use for texting,Calls and scrolling through the instagram feeds. My hands are small which makes it so harder for me to use a 6.4inch mobile For most of tasks. But with a physical keyboard and a mouse it feels so easy. Maybe someday with foldables and Sliding phones innovation we can have the best of both worlds in one device. phases, but there is no doubt that with their even increasing functionality that laptops may one day become a technology of the past. Thanks for this thread Aditya.

McJader, Helder_DAlmeida and Dresa91 like this.
  13. McJader
    Lollipop Feb 27, 2021

McJader , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Thanks for sharing your experience, Helder!
    Yea yea don't we know that:rolleyes:

Haha interesting inputs
    Thanks Eastbay!
    That is what I wanted to know, thanks.
    Tell Tab I didn't want to write a 10 page thread;)

Dresa91, Helder_DAlmeida and SRD. like this.
  14. McJader
    Lollipop Feb 27, 2021

McJader , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts Tilak. Also, like I said, I think we shouldn't take into account the camera capabilities of smartphones, as that'd be better compared with an actual camera. You make a good point about price, you can get good smartphones at very affordable prices, while I cannot say the same about laptops or PCs.
    Yes, about that, stay tuned....

Tilak G. and Dresa91 like this.
  15. Sorriso_NWK
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2021

Sorriso_NWK , Feb 27, 2021 :
    I've been using laptops for ages for school and work so that's what feels most comfortable. I see my mobile as a device for relaxation and entertainment. I hardly use my tablet anymore and I'm not really sure why.

Dresa91 and McJader like this.
  16. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2021

Girish.Pranav , Feb 27, 2021 :
    PC is the ultimate choice.lmobile is just for doing some activities easier. (Scrolling through social media, camera, reminders etc),

McJader and Dresa91 like this.
  17. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2021

sumitMZ007 , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Hey I would like to know why your tablet usage decreased! Since I wants to get a tab s7+ and I'm not into watching t.v I just need tablet for media consumption+ attending classes! Is it like that, at first tablet looks tempting and later is just stays in box and comes out once is blue moon!

18. EbyPrasad7
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2021

19. Tilak G.

Tilak G. , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Age is just a number. How can say he's quite young for this?

20. Tilak G.