1. PCs

76.2%
  2. Smartphones

23.8%
  1. McJader
    Lollipop Feb 27, 2021

McJader , Feb 27, 2021 :
    How so?
    Exactly. I've even had a discussion about this with @Starcommander and @TheGadgetGirl on twitter, some young people are much more capable than the older people. Similarly, a 60 year old man could be more physically fit and active than me.

TheGadgetGirl, Tilak G. and Dresa91 like this.
  2. vikarshaikh18
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2021

3. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Feb 27, 2021

4. McJader
    Lollipop Feb 27, 2021

TheGadgetGirl and Dresa91 like this.

TheGadgetGirl and McJader like this.
  6. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Feb 27, 2021

cdnfarmer , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Interesting McJader. . To your question: it depends. Depends on what is trying to be achieved. I'd have to agree with David, what we grow up with has a big Influence. I'm what you may consider old... I remember when the internet came out. We grew up with big computers then moved to more performing desktop and laptops. I'd say the computer offers many more advantages, allows more multitasking, easier to see and do things. When I write out a long proposal... I can't imagine doing it on a smallish rectangular screen with a software keyboard that works better with thumbs then how one can type rapidly with both hands on appropriate keys. Currently, I can do far more editing and manoeuvring the cursor on a computer which helps for what I do the most.

The portability of the phone is great but when I want or need to do longer projects, review doc's etc ... The computer is better.

7. Surlux
    Eclair Feb 27, 2021

McJader and TheGadgetGirl like this.
  8. Santhosh_Ravi , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Feb 28, 2021 :
    PCs are used by the people who call them as professional gamers. Where as smartphones are used by the people who called by the name Gamers. Thats the difference. 90% of the people here are the Gamers. Fun is that 90% are more involved to game other than professional by contributing to the Game's growth by spending more money on it.

McJader likes this.
  9. Sorriso_NWK
    Honeycomb Feb 28, 2021

Sorriso_NWK , Feb 28, 2021 :
    I think it's because my tablet, sucks, for lack of a better word. Personal laptop is Lenovo Yoga. No complaints. Work issued laptop is HP, gets the job done. I got lured into a super discount offering and purchased a Lenovo tablet which was a mistake. There's too many lags. In short, frustrating user experience. Maybe I'd be more inclined to use my tablet more if it offered an enjoyable experience. I'll offload it to a relative whenever I can get back home but discount or not, getting stuck with sub par devices is no fun, especially when I know enough to have been a more discerning consumer.

Mr. BG, sumitMZ007, Dresa91 and 3 others like this.
  10. TheGadgetGirl
    The Lab - OnePlus 8T Reviewer Feb 28, 2021

TheGadgetGirl , via OnePlus 8T , Feb 28, 2021 :
    For me, PCs will always have an edge over Smartphones!

Maybe it is where I'm coming from. I grew up with PCs and got my first smartphone in my second year at college.

Like you type faster on a smartphone, I have the ability to type faster on a real physical keyboard.

I only use my smartphone to use social media, shop on Amazon, capture photographs, make digital payments. Everything else is on my laptop/ desktop!

11. TheGadgetGirl
    The Lab - OnePlus 8T Reviewer Feb 28, 2021

Dresa91 and McJader like this.
  12. SharonM1 , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 28, 2021 :
    Wow!! I have read the beginning thread which I might add was a good question to pose for a discussion. Then I started reading all of the posts that followed and to be honest some of you are quite mean. And last, I really am technically challenged!! It's all in good fun people...lighten up 😊

McJader likes this.
  13. shahi14323
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 28, 2021

McJader likes this.
  14. Getraje
    Froyo Feb 28, 2021

McJader likes this.
  15. NoviceAide
    Gingerbread Feb 28, 2021

NoviceAide , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 28, 2021 :
    Both does have their own sacred places where using the other one is a pain.
    For example, you can't use your PC to easily make calls 😜😜

McJader likes this.
  16. hslayal
    Gingerbread Feb 28, 2021

McJader likes this.
  17. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Feb 28, 2021

MosheG1 , Feb 28, 2021 :
    @McJader

Awesome thread!
    I too love using my phone!
    For typing long essays however the extra space on the screen is much more conducive for productivity.
    Also for powerful programs.
    But for everything else I prefer my phone

18. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Feb 28, 2021

BeingIncog, Dresa91 and McJader like this.
  19. Antonio_Luis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 28, 2021

Antonio_Luis , via OnePlus 8T , Feb 28, 2021 :
    At a different point in time, between 1999 and 2013, I would have said a PC. But shortly after that time, I didn't have the money to keep up with the PC upgrades and smartphones were becoming more and more stable. At this point in time I'd go with smartphone over PC because it is all I have. I use my smartphone for EVERYTHING. I've even written all my threads on community posts via the community app. I will say that if I had the luxury of owning a PC my opinion would change. But as things are the way they are, my smartphone is my everything.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021

20. McJader
    Lollipop Feb 28, 2021

McJader , Feb 28, 2021 :
    So the conclusion I think we can all agree to is familiarity matters a lot.

Haha they aren't mean, they are just giving out their honest opinions, which is exactly what I wanted to know.

Hey thanks for reading Moshe!
    ;) ;) ;)

Yea as I said affordability of smartphones is a big plus plus.
    Thanks for reading!

I thank you for reading but we must not only look at this from a gaming point of view, as there literally hundreds of other things both these devices can do

Lol bruh

Surlux, Antonio_Luis, Dresa91 and 4 others like this.