What do you prefer?

1. PCs

76.2%
  2. Smartphones

23.8%
  1. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Feb 28, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Feb 28, 2021 :
    I second this, PC upgrades is a costlier proposition.

Antonio_Luis and McJader like this.
  2. Sagnizard
    Gingerbread Feb 28, 2021

Sagnizard , via OnePlus Nord , Feb 28, 2021 :
    I prefer to consume media on my Laptop but, sadly, I end up using my phone mostly. As it is more handy, I don't always open my laptop. Before going to sleep, when I am tired, I end up watching a movie, lying down on bed. So that's that lol.

McJader likes this.

McJader likes this.
  4. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Feb 28, 2021

cdnfarmer , Feb 28, 2021 :
    yup.

McJader and Dresa91 like this.

McJader likes this.
  6. kushal__12
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 28, 2021

7. O1614465542778 , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 28, 2021 :
    PC will always be the best for me being older I started out on the first Mac ,but iPads and tablets and smartphones are great for on-the-go easy access and the smartphone really is a sidekick for everything you do but I will always love sitting in front of a PC or laptop and doing my thing. my wife lives on her smartphone watching Netflix ,Hulu ,or listening to music all the time and she didn't get a smartphone until about three years ago for the first time it changed her life

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021

McJader likes this.
  8. Kvl_21
    Honeycomb Feb 28, 2021

9. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Feb 28, 2021

Cheetosdust , Feb 28, 2021 :
    Depends on what I am doing, but to me the smartphone won’t replace the laptop. Smartphones can (and will) become increasingly more powerful and they can even run all the applications I use on my laptop, but it’s about the mindset and, ultimately, about the keyboard.

Smartphones are great for quick consumption of something, to check or verify something. But when I sit down to work, it is and it will be in front of a laptop. Even when I have to write a work-related email, I tend to do it on the laptop.

I do use the smartphone every single day, obviously, but as a complement, as something that facilitates a connection. For example, even this reply is being typed using Google Docs on, you guessed it, the laptop.

I can see myself using a foldable as an iteration of the traditional smartphone, but I do like to have specific devices for specific tasks. Naturally I understand why the newer generations see the laptop/smartphone dynamic differently, like @dsmonteiro mentioned, but after years and years and years having this synergy, I guess my brain has that default setting.

10. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Feb 28, 2021

Dresa91, Cheetosdust and McJader like this.
  11. McJader
    Lollipop Feb 28, 2021

McJader , Feb 28, 2021 :
    I've observed that a lot of the Community members who prefer a laptop over a smartphone, do it majorly because of the keyboard, I guess physically pressing the keys feels more intuitive and satisfying than a virtual keyboard.

Dresa91 and Cheetosdust like this.
  12. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Feb 28, 2021

Cheetosdust , Feb 28, 2021 :
    I don’t use a mechanical keyboard, but I can tell you that the travel and the overall feel of the keys were key factors (no pun intended :p) when buying this laptop.

Before it, I worked on a MacBook Air and I do loved and love its keyboard - never owned a "butterfly keyboard". I know a lot of people don’t care and I do know others can type long pieces of writing hitting glass, but yes, it’s about concentration and the overall state of mind.

On a side note, even the font can affect the mood - reading and writing. Currently, I am using Georgia, but I change from time to time. And reading, you can test this for yourself: open an article on The Verge, for example, and another on The New Yorker. I am pretty sure you’ll see the differences, perhaps even feel them. ;)

Mr. BG, Dresa91 and McJader like this.
  13. _sreehari_
    Gingerbread Feb 28, 2021

Dresa91 likes this.
  14. McJader
    Lollipop Feb 28, 2021

McJader , Feb 28, 2021 :
    For PPTs, I use Microsoft Powerpoint
    I mostly have word-related projects, so I use MS Word or Google Docs

Dresa91 likes this.
  15. _sreehari_
    Gingerbread Feb 28, 2021

_sreehari_ , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Feb 28, 2021 :
    Which is better word or docs...?
    I used word but it is lacking so much..that finds it useless sometimes..

Dresa91 and McJader like this.
  16. McJader
    Lollipop Feb 28, 2021

McJader , Feb 28, 2021 :
    Use docs...

Dresa91 and _sreehari_ like this.
  17. SJBoss
    Lollipop Feb 28, 2021

SJBoss , Feb 28, 2021 :
    There's very few things I'd like to do on small screens, gaming and media consumption isn't one of 'em.

For me it's mostly just communication. And some lite work on the go.

McJader, Cheetosdust and Dresa91 like this.
  18. hojsimpson952
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 28, 2021

hojsimpson952 , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Feb 28, 2021 :
    My PC died on Thursday, and because it's Weekend I have to wait until tomorrow for my new Hardware to arrive.

That showed me again, that Smartphones are a good tool, but a PC is clearly superior to me when it comes to productivity and Gaming. Mouse(or TouchPad) and Keyboard input is still faster and more efficient to use IMHO.

And it also showed me that OnePlus could use a proper desktop mode *wink wink*

For writing Email's and staying connected, a Smartphone is cool, but it will take a long time for them to replace PCs in general.

19. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Feb 28, 2021

20. thechangingtime
    Gingerbread Feb 28, 2021

thechangingtime , via OnePlus 8T , Feb 28, 2021 :
    For quick tasks then a smartphone is fine, but if you are doing more intensive work like working with a large spreadsheet then I prefer a PC for that type of work.

McJader likes this.