Let's talk about Black Friday. #NoGames

1. Kale W.
    Froyo Nov 23, 2017

Kale W. , Nov 23, 2017 :
    Let's talk about Black Friday. #NoGames.jpg

Real talk: Black Friday deals at OnePlus in the past have never been mind-blowing-hold-onto-your-seats amazing. Gear and accessories usually went for about 30% off, our nod to a great American tradition. Our past device offers were even more conservative – just one dollar off. Any higher than that, and Rachel from accounting takes away our espresso machine.

All jokes aside, we wanted to share why we refuse to play mind games on Black Friday.

Perhaps you're familiar with one or more of these Black Friday games:
    • Exaggerated markdowns: The original price of an item has mysteriously risen, so that the advertised 70-80% off is actually closer to 10-15% off.
    • Impossible to get offers: A store advertises a legitimately good deal for an item, but every location in your neighborhood will secretly only have one or two in stock.
    • Savings via rebates: If you spend X amount of money, you can get X dollars in rebates. But you have to remember to fill out a form on their website and physically mail in some signed papers by a certain date to receive some rebates with usage limitations that also have a short expiration date.
    Mind games are tiring for everyone. (A great line for your Tinder profile.) We prefer to keep the focus on making good products to share with the world. In order to do so, we have to make some money in the process. At the same time, our users would like to save some money.

This is where fair pricing comes in. Cut through the BS. Keep things simple. We make money to fund our product and feed the team. You save money and get the best user experience, whether it's Black Friday or Taco Tuesday.

So pick-up your OnePlus 5T today at basically the same price - just 0.01 off. We'll throw in our Dash Power Bundle at 50% off for 24 hours (UK, HK, Ireland, Cyprus, Malta users click here). We can do that much. You won't get a huge price slash or rebate on this device today if you order today. You'll just get the best device we've ever created and the immense satisfaction that you're supporting a smartphone that is changing the way our industry works.

Never Settle.

2. puma95
    Jelly Bean Moderator Nov 23, 2017

puma95 , Nov 23, 2017 :
    "You'll just get the best device we've ever created and the immense satisfaction that you're supporting a smartphone that is changing YOUR LIFE." ! :D

3. smartbuddy
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 23, 2017

smartbuddy , Nov 23, 2017 :
    Hmm only Dash Charge bundle on offer nothing else?

0.01 off, wowwww, let's Party !!! :p

aris, R3DMOUTH, JD1981 and 5 others like this.
  4. gkolath
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2017

gkolath , Nov 23, 2017 :
    I really like the concept and the point that you come from. Its true that most of the prices of items which are on sale for Black Friday have had a price mysteriously. So i support this initiative.

5. beastkay
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 23, 2017

beastkay , Nov 23, 2017 :
    Is it for each and every country ?

6. surfrndk
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2017

surfrndk , Nov 23, 2017 :
    One of the best posts I've seen for a long time!

OnePlus is about a solid product already prised way below competitors and if some people don't like that there's plenty who will.

Keep up the good work and #NeverSettle!

igorfurnas, pa5t1s, Babar49 and 3 others like this.
  7. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Nov 23, 2017

jayaprakashpollachi likes this.
  8. jizang
    Lollipop Nov 23, 2017

jizang , Nov 23, 2017 :
    So 1 day a year oneplus or @Carl stops playing games with customers, so no jumping through hoops to get your products. Maybe you should remind @Carl to stop the BS and keep things simple ;)

9. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2017

GuitarHero0179 , Nov 23, 2017 :
    Better to have an honest deal than some fake pricings ;) Is the bundle also available without the phone?

pa5t1s and FlixbusLennart like this.
  10. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Nov 23, 2017

youbi , Nov 23, 2017 :
    Bad Rachel. :eek:

Please don't do that to them, otherwise we will have admin threads like this:

"Hi everyone,

I'm here to talk aboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt...............................

[​IMG]

pa5t1s, Plenkske, emilysun and 7 others like this.
  11. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 23, 2017

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Nov 23, 2017 :
    0.01 off? :eek: What about if we reverse the number and get 10.0 off? :D

aris and pa5t1s like this.
  12. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 23, 2017

Dunnow , Nov 23, 2017 :
    just as insulting as when you got the op2 down 0.01 euros back in the day.

pa5t1s and Ceasedd like this.
  13. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 23, 2017

meatandy , Nov 23, 2017 :
    If my student daughter orders a 5T for me can't she still get 10% off? :rolleyes:

pa5t1s, Rajesh.shah01 and eye842 like this.
  14. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop Nov 23, 2017

Lancelot_69 , Nov 23, 2017 :
    India device is sold through Amazon so not sure if it's valid through there. Amazon would have to offer it.

Rajesh.shah01 and Shivang Joshi like this.
  15. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Nov 23, 2017

Shivang Joshi , Nov 23, 2017 :
    Well, we also have oneplusstore.in where it is sold by Oneplus themselves. And all the accessories are sold on oneplusstore.in only. So, hope that offer is also there for us.

16. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Nov 23, 2017

Ceasedd , Nov 23, 2017 :
    hmm,not funny shitty discount. tumblr_n293mfqykX1sz8klro1_400.gif

pa5t1s, G_plusone, meatandy and 2 others like this.
  17. canucks4life
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2017

18. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Nov 23, 2017

Serbian Overlord , Nov 23, 2017 :
    Awesome post!

pa5t1s likes this.
  19. dcmcc24
    KitKat Nov 23, 2017

dcmcc24 , Nov 23, 2017 :
    Not bad. If you buy the 5T you can get the dash power bundle free with discount code in my signature thanks to it being half off.

20. Antgl
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2017

Antgl , Nov 23, 2017 :
    I wasn't sure to get the op5t but now it's 1 cent less i'm pretty sure I will get it :tearsofjoy:

piccionel and Kale W. like this.