Let's talk about our camera experience on custom ROMs

1. Rodriguezz
    Gingerbread Dec 31, 2016

Rodriguezz , Dec 31, 2016 :
    Perhaps like someone at XDA said, release the code to a selected few, under an NDA (non disclosure agreement). Have a meeting, and discuss the details. IP is serious stuff and nobody wants trouble. Maybe work out some kind of DRM key that allows the IP to be locked and used exclusively with that unique ROM, like a digital signature. I think that the pros there are willing to find the best way to implement a win/win solution.
    The top developers, selected by OnePlus and the community, get the goods, but the ROMs must always be "perfect" before release, double checked and authorized by OnePlus staff. This modus operandi, assures that the the quality and image of the OnePlus brand is always in the foreground. There is good will at XDA, but those developers that go with, "this and that doesn´t work", well, you´re not ready yet. If one of the prime developers, for whatever reason retires from the scene, OnePlus selects the next best, according to the quality of their work, and so on. Why settle for blobs? OOS camera quality and functionality can only get better from what it is now. So i hope. My 2c.

AcmE85 likes this.
  2. Natakranta
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2017

Natakranta , Jan 6, 2017 :
    Released?

How about now?

And now?

Maybe another poll thread if you are not sure of these 12 pages of users statements?

theshinybeast and AcmE85 like this.
  3. obiwan+
    Honeycomb Jan 8, 2017

obiwan+ , Jan 8, 2017 :
    How much longer do we have to wait? This thread looks more like a rhetorical question. It's been another 5 weeks and nothing happened. My Christmas and New Year's Eve photos look like crap. My Tinder profile looks like I either have no money and shot the pictures with a feature phone cam from the last century or I photoshopped myself with a smoothing filter. All the girls swipe to the left. I'm not satisfied and disappointed in how long it takes you to release the blobs.

Natakranta and AcmE85 like this.
  4. AzeemJackson
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2017

5. scheffler0701
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2017

6. Mebb
    Donut Jan 12, 2017

Mebb , Jan 12, 2017 :
    @Bradon H / @Carl
    Please give us an update! How are things going?
    Is this still in discussion, are you actively working on it, or is it already cancelled by now?
    Following this thread you see that nearly every reply to your initial question is a big "yes"...
    In OP you say "we'd also love to bring our native camera experience to third-party ROMs".
    This is now over a month old... Communtiy never heard of this again AFAIK.
    I would love to have camera blobs too. So I'm just wondering about the silence.
    Again, I do not demand ETA or anything else. Only a short answer on actual status.
    Please enlighten us :) Thanks in advance.

7. Zh_kilat
    Android Q Jan 12, 2017

8. Natakranta
    Gingerbread Jan 13, 2017

Natakranta , Jan 13, 2017 :
    Pressure, pressure, pressure...
    Add some pressure people, otherwise it will be pushed down on priority list and never happen.

theshinybeast likes this.
  9. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jan 14, 2017

theshinybeast , Jan 14, 2017 :
    So, @brandon H, blobs or no blobs ? If you take a look at this thread you should know the answer. We, the community very obviously want them, now, not soon™.

Natakranta likes this.
  10. G_Willian_Macedo_PEqh
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2017

G_Willian_Macedo_PEqh , Jan 14, 2017 :
    Yeah. "Community friendly". Saying nothing about the camera blobs release, now the problem with the release of Nougat kernel sources. Come on, at least say something, Oneplus.

11. Shaquan Robinson
    Eclair Jan 15, 2017

Natakranta likes this.
  12. Sighn
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2017

Sighn , Jan 16, 2017 :
    And already there's talk of the next OP phone. What promises will be made? At least we will know to be more cautious to buy into the product until we see the claims materialise.

13. kalander Shihab
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 19, 2017

kalander Shihab , Jan 19, 2017 :
    Why didn't they still release it?

I'm hating the Nougat build of oxygen. It's bug ridden mess. I shall be switching to a custom ROM soon.

14. omair2005
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2017

15. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jan 20, 2017

16. F_Guna_Naidu_iFqU
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2017

17. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jan 21, 2017

18. rantek22
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2017

rantek22 , Jan 22, 2017 :
    The pattern that has emerged from OnePlus' behaviour doesn't look very good.

In fact if you applied that to a person it's a person I wouldn't associate with.

Sub par on your promises. Don't make them if you can't keep them and don't make them if youre going to deliver the bare minimum.

Maybe @getpeid should read his own post and meditate on no: 15 specifically. =P

https://carlpei.com/jack-mas-30-tips-for-success-b2d0fd4b1490#.mhpcusduo

OnePlus, At least have the decency to address the topic you started and try, try, try being transparent about it for once.

19. ninguem98
    Eclair Jan 22, 2017

ninguem98 , Jan 22, 2017 :
    Buying the OP3 might have been a mistake. I thought Oneplus would really keep up with its promises, but the Nougat Kernel sources releases, and the mess they did with the commits to the repos (587 changed files with 176,553 additions and 7,656 deletions). Plus, we still have to wait the camera blobs, promised months ago.
    Come on, OnePlus. Get it together!

AcmE85 likes this.
  20. ankitttt
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2017