Let's talk about our camera experience on custom ROMs

1. AcmE85
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 13, 2017

AcmE85 , Mar 13, 2017 :
    https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_oneplus/commits/cm-13.0

On every single OOS OTA which delivered new blobs, these were available on CM13, which continued on cm14 and now on Lineage. This includes beta blobs. Unfortunately we need the additional framework stuff wrapped up into blobs + an app which can handle these modes.

First blob merge which includes camera blobs:
    https://github.com/TheMuppets/propr...mmit/54a8c953b61e54e5ece8856538b0fb4efe758763
    Merged only few days after the op3's release.

Even the guy on XDA who is working on the camera port said so: Blobs were not the problem, but the app and missing framework links to the postprocessing.
    This is why we need different blobs which allow the same quality without manipulating a custom rom's framework.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017

2. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 13, 2017

Dunnow , Mar 13, 2017 :
    OnePlus custom CAMERA BLOBS... not the random ones which provided crap pictures... why the **** do you think this thread was made?

Why is this thread FAR published after OP3 release if those blobs "were already there" as you say?

what would be the purpose of it? ... ^^'

Plus, the very beggining means when OOS started, and that, was 1 year before the OP3 and its software releases. OP2 users and OPX users had to wait more than a year for their shit to be released.

Sam Nakamura likes this.
  3. Batfink32
    Honeycomb Mar 13, 2017

4. vuP22
    Donut Mar 21, 2017

vuP22 , Mar 21, 2017 :
    it's not for any other company, it's for custom roms ;)

5. Nilakash87
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2017

Nilakash87 , Apr 4, 2017 :
    Camera app has always been downside of OOS, sorry to say. At current status it fails miserably to utilize full potential of camera hardware. What it lacks is a complete camera interface and customization option. I m not talking about fancy custom filters/ effects. for example we do have manual mode, but i dont think we have the total liberty tuning the app. Similarly adding couple of more options to the camera would be nice. Nubia Camera app for example have some real nice feature and good manual options. Its high time camera apps needs to be redesigned.
    And for Blobs or other thing, We do have custom roms having One Plus camera Blobs, but this doesnt change anything. Difference is minimal. So far best camera experience can be found in Sultan's CM 13. Sometime images came out better than stock OOS camera. He has been talking for ages now asking One Plus to release Codes that are needed to have complete and stable camera experience. I dont really think of anything that needs to be protected here since codes are device specific/ Vendor specific.

6. airflyer
    Froyo May 4, 2017

7. whodatboi
    KitKat May 4, 2017

whodatboi , May 4, 2017 :
    they released the blobs so afaik ROMs have it

8. Pumpino
    Eclair May 7, 2017

Pumpino , May 7, 2017 :
    My understanding is that the framework required to make full use of the OOS blobs still hasn't been released.

Does it concern anyone else that the OP5 is likely to have a dual rear camera setup? What position will we be in with custom ROMs without the framework and blobs then? Will the dual camera even be usable with custom ROMs?

9. andrew3gs
    Gingerbread May 17, 2017

andrew3gs , May 17, 2017 :
    Maybe a little bit of time for processing a photo with better results would not be such a huge problem. The default camera app works pretty fast, at least give the developers the option to make use of the blobs as they are. Who knows maybe some improvement of quality will emerge.....

10. Babloo289
    Donut May 17, 2017

Babloo289 , May 17, 2017 :
    It would be better to release the blobs but I seriously think that camera software on op3t is lagging a lot regarding shutter speeds. Moving objects are never focused no matter how many pics u click.

Please look into the motion sensors, given the small aperture of the cam. We would be delighted to have a fixed camera app with focus adjustment.

11. rohitghali
    Froyo May 17, 2017

12. rp2pilot
    Gingerbread May 23, 2017

rp2pilot , May 23, 2017 :
    When you say "capture and processing would be slower", define slower. Are we talking milliseconds, microseconds, seconds, minutes?

13. dextructor
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2017

JoypadRotto likes this.
  14. JoypadRotto
    Gingerbread Jun 28, 2017

15. AcmE85
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 29, 2017

AcmE85 , Jun 29, 2017 :
    Doesn't make any sense to post here anymore as OnePlus clearly demonstrated their ignorance towards their community. Who still thinks they are a small community-centered company is delusional.

Sam Nakamura likes this.
  16. bhanuteja200bc
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2017

bhanuteja200bc , Jul 5, 2017 :
    Atleast now as op3 and 3t are not your flasgships.. I think its time to release all the stuff ur holding back, The camera blobs..

AcmE85 likes this.
  17. thom@s
    Jelly Bean Jul 5, 2017

thom@s , Jul 5, 2017 :
    To be honest I have tested lots of camera applications on my OPO / OP3T, and the best one is still Camera v8 extracted from OOS.

18. Simon1802
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2017

Simon1802 , Jul 6, 2017 :
    Hi there,
    YES it would, please publish the blobs, I use Lineage and Camera is the only issue. Please consider that custom Roms are after a while the only way to get up to date. This move from OnePlus would be a reason for me to buy the next phone from OnePlus
    Thanks

AcmE85 likes this.
  19. Simon1802
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2017

Simon1802 , Jul 6, 2017 :
    Hithere,
    YES it would, please publish the blobs, I use Lineage and Camera is the only issue. Please consider that custom Roms are after a while the only way to get up to date. This move from OnePlus would be a reason for me to buy the next phone from OnePlus
    Thanks

20. uttam_kr
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2017

Kaushik124 likes this.