Let's talk about our camera experience on custom ROMs

1. blassphemy
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2016

blassphemy , Dec 3, 2016 :
    I don't see that anybody who is currently experiencing a really bad camera quality on custom roms will criticise OnePlus for releasing a slightly slower blob with much better quality. I think (almost) everybody will be very positive about such a release. So please release the blobs!

2. Quzer
    Froyo Dec 3, 2016

3. DrFunx
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2016

4. pietrodc
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2016

Vince_40 likes this.
  5. otto2
    Lollipop Dec 3, 2016

otto2 , Dec 3, 2016 :
    The sources (Source code)will NOT get released, just binary code, so developers can only include this binary code without the possibility to modify them. Same situation with the DASH charge blobs. So the custom roms will get the picture qulity of the OP3 stock cam app, but NOT the speed. ( The "tuning" is the secret...) But nevertheless: @Bradon H : Please release the BLOBS , but with a clear statement what developers can await and what they will have to optimize by themselfes,like you ve done it right here. It would show, that Oneplus is as open as possible.

arvind_gr likes this.
  6. otto2
    Lollipop Dec 3, 2016

otto2 , Dec 3, 2016 :
    The Main camera in OP3 T is the same, only the front cam sensor is different, so there won t be big changes in code. BTW: i m rather sure they can include drivers etc. for both front cam sensors in the blobs, if they want to.

7. jay1337
    Froyo Dec 3, 2016

jay1337 , Dec 3, 2016 :
    Yes, please. It is the only thing that is missing on custom ROMs and I am sure devs will find a way to speed up the process but even if they don't....quality comes first.

8. exchequer598
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2016

exchequer598 , Dec 3, 2016 :
    Thank you so much for this conversation, and I believe it is a great idea to hand developers the camera blobs. But here is something that no one has been asking - what is the source of this "slow"-ness?

9. SixFourSix
    Eclair Dec 3, 2016

SixFourSix , Dec 3, 2016 :
    Yes please release the blobs, the company would be viewed as way more open, and dev-friendly than others. This what is missing from OP3 tinkering experience.

10. Lfcheng
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2016

11. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 3, 2016

Dunnow , Dec 3, 2016 :
    WOW. ATTENTION HERE.

This is a plain free pass for whatever bullshit they are gonna do next... "complaining about speed after we release the code will make us take two steps back in openness."

No dude, you don't get a free pass for shit. YOU promised openness, fast updates, good community experience. So you OWN it. And if people throw you trash for a bad camera experience, you go and FIX it. Make it better.

This company has been pulling too much BS already. Either go full closed, and don't release shit, or keep your word and stop playing around the issues.

12. Swatpt
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2016

Swatpt , Dec 3, 2016 :
    THIS

I was about to post the same, but since I don't give a sh*t anymore, just closed the browser.

13. Helbro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2016

14. buutske
    Eclair Dec 3, 2016

15. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2016

theshinybeast , Dec 3, 2016 :
    Your brave. I hope you realise you had better not make a spelling mistake ever again.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

If you've corrected the your which should be you're , you're not paying attention.:rolleyes:;)

jstepa likes this.
  16. jstepa
    KitKat Dec 3, 2016

jstepa , Dec 3, 2016 :
    [​IMG]

theshinybeast likes this.
  17. G_Tim_JP_rvzc
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2016

G_Tim_JP_rvzc , Dec 3, 2016 :
    A bad picture will be bad forever. I'd much rather have a nicer looking picture even if I get it a second later than on OOS.

18. Roi007leaf
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2016

19. mido25
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2016

mido25 , Dec 3, 2016 :
    Classic example of what's going to happen after blob release.

Ashtr1x and otto2 like this.
  20. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 3, 2016

Dunnow , Dec 3, 2016 :
    Sure because blatantly accepting that the experience will be bad and covering his back the way he did when shit hits the fan it's the logical path to take.

So much for a company that was build ONLY thanks to the community (CyanogenMOD community to be exact) and "for the community"

Seems pretty arrogant to me that the higher spheres of the company comes to just say "don't blame me if then it's slow and you don't like it" because this is CLEARLY a PR stunt. They WANT us to want the blobs so they don't have to do REAL job and provide PROPERLY and at the same time, he covers his back.

If the blobs were to be a good idea it would've been done months ago. And there would be no sad excuse in the middle for when the backlash starts.

You know, the problem with this company, besides the lies, is people like you, that accept subpar solutions to a bigger than you can understand problems. And allow this company to keep up doing more and more crap every time instead of demanding what they promised to begin with.

Before criticising people like me, step back for a minute, remember how this company was build and upon which words they kept using to gain the "vote of confidence" of the users to begin with.

EDIT: I'll say more. Why even get into the thread to ONLY say that? Like... it's obvious they know the experience will be horrible. And in fact, if the camera is slow, the quality is still affected at the end of the day.

Do you know how many people purchased OnePlus branded phones ONLY to change the rom?

They are making TONS of money and screwing the little guy all the time.

Alonzzo2, tedulus and Swatpt like this.