1. ARitz Cracker
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2017

2. Deactivated User
    Oct 15, 2017

Dhiren Velari likes this.
  3. azpected
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2017

azpected , Oct 16, 2017 :
    I travel extensively and rely on my data plan when roaming. Compared to previous overseas trips, on my most recent one, I barely used my phone, and then only via wifi. There were no calls via roaming data plan and apps are never permitted to use or update via mobile data. However I was overseas for a long stretch this time. By week 10, my phone company had already sent me 3 emails (1 every 3 weeks) warning of excessive data usage. When I returned home to large data charge, I had their personnel review my entire records for the time I was away. There was nothing in any recognized use to account for the data usage. Luckily they reversed the charges. Did your data mining cause this?

4. XSportSeeker
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2017

XSportSeeker , Oct 16, 2017 :
    This company is pretty much dead to me. A shame.
    I was between a ZTE Axon 7 and a OnePlus 3 late last year, and among the major reasons why I went with the OnePlus was because the OS looked cleaner, and it's a company that was around longer for which I expected a less buggy OS experience plus less chances of shady data collection like that.
    I feel stupid now. Not only the ZTE had two features over the OnePlus I wanted (front firing speakers and an sd card reader), it was OnePlus that ended up having the shady practice I was wary of.
    Your response to the issue is insufficient, it's lacking transparency, it doesn't address several of the major privacy issues that came out in the research piece, and it has completely turned me off from the company.
    I won't be buying any OnePlus products again, will not be recommending it to anyone, and I hope you never get a foothold in my country.
    It's your type of company that has to die so that western countries start trusting chinese brands. You set the entire market a step back with this.
    Hope stealing our data was worth it.
    I'll be switching phones as soon as I can, this will probably be my final post in the forum.

5. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Oct 16, 2017

Dunnow , Oct 16, 2017 :
    you can do entire local backups in developer settings, it's called "desktop backup" you can enable password encryption on them too.

I really don't even understadn why so many people need backups though...

use google photos to keep your media online, the rest can be synced to your google account or use apps like titanium backup, Helium or the native desktop backup from Android... present there since lollipop or even before

rva likes this.
  6. TheSpoken
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 16, 2017

TheSpoken , Oct 16, 2017 :
    I disagree. Zte has it's own problems, like bloated software, a small battery and a terrible screen, software that hasn't been updated since August, a late (or never) Oreo update, and a lot more issues(3/3t are way better, tbh).

Moral of the story, you get what you pay for. It's better to get phones like LG, Pixel, or Samsung who will at least have proper software and fewer flaws.

rva likes this.
  7. Dhiren Velari
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2017

8. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Oct 16, 2017

sidlittlefield , Oct 16, 2017 :
    Loooolllls! OP2 will never be updated!

9. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Oct 16, 2017

Kissass

10. Radeon962
    KitKat Oct 16, 2017

Radeon962 , Oct 16, 2017 :
    For sure...

If this is transparent I would hate to see what is really hidden in the depths of OnePlus

sidlittlefield likes this.
  11. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Oct 16, 2017

My favorite poster on da forums!

dsmonteiro likes this.
  12. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Oct 16, 2017

HEY @Carl! While we got you here, care to explain the OP5 being out of stock? Some of us got the Pixel 2 XL waiting to ship. You might want get the ball rolling.

13. hilts001
    Donut Oct 16, 2017

hilts001 , Oct 16, 2017 :

The question is, how do I do that my information is not getting collected even after this update?

rva likes this.
  14. Gav_B
    Froyo Oct 16, 2017

Gav_B , Oct 16, 2017 :
    Have I missed it or are OnePlus still collecting the second stream of data without opt-out?

Either way it's too little, too late... I'll be getting the new Pixel 2 XL next month, the decision has been made.

rva likes this.
  15. hilts001
    Donut Oct 16, 2017

hilts001 , Oct 16, 2017 :
    totally support you with regard to the above statement that should not be treated a light matter. Its pretty serious.

rva likes this.
  16. Kiran.a.joseph
    Jelly Bean Oct 16, 2017

Kiran.a.joseph , Oct 16, 2017 :
    Are you planning to be GDPR compliant and in that case, is there an option where users can ask to delete the data that you have collected, including phone numbers.

rva, Dhiren Velari and Gav_B like this.
  17. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 16, 2017

meatandy , Oct 16, 2017 :
    "As possible" I'm quite certain there was legal counsel hitting the delete button as he was typing.
    :rolleyes:

18. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 16, 2017

meatandy , Oct 16, 2017 :
    For sure what? o_O
    After everything else that has been promised , neglected , ignored and supposedly "learning from their mistakes " , Do you think the Carl was going to offer anything more than a written statement , like full or partial refunds , maybe half off your next device purchase? That brings up the next question , After the lastest revelation , Who would drop 500 to 600 dollars on another Oneplus device?

Sounds like @sidlittlefield would , better keep your place in line for that pixel .:rolleyes:

19. G_Alexander_I_vZiE
    Froyo Oct 16, 2017

G_Alexander_I_vZiE , Oct 16, 2017 :
    "Let's Talk About OxygenOS Analytics"

Hey "Friend" Carl ....
    this is more like a monologue the community itself talking ...where are you so we can have a dialogue?

Or Talk?

Answer the people ... forget about the first stream option out UX program ... say something about the hidden second stream .... how is this to stop ... or we all have to butcher oxygenOS?

rva likes this.
  20. johnhart
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 16, 2017

johnhart , Oct 16, 2017 :
    Umm... I've only been on Android since Marshmallow

Not easily. There is a long page of instructions on HowToGeek which you make as easy as changing a wallpaper.

I appreciate what you're saying about so many things that Google already backs up. Got it. What I'm talking about is an easy to create full backup. So that every app, setting, preference, wallpaper -- every EVERYTHING is automatically restored as if it had never been gone. This feature is priceless if an update fails miserably. And priceless if you want to upgrade your phone.

Now do you get it?

rva likes this.