Let's Talk About OxygenOS Analytics

1. sfomin Nougat Dec 5, 2017

theshinybeast likes this.
  2. AltLin16 Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2017

AltLin16, Dec 5, 2017 :
    that's all fair but if we want to compare something here shouldn't it be the 'analytical' software of Xiaomi vs Oneplus or Android in general vs Apple?

G_plusone likes this.
  3. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2017

waldwolf, Dec 5, 2017 :
    Speaking about checking "facts"....

If you check the specifications on the current Google's Pixel2 , which was released with Android 8.0.0 Oreo, several months before the OP5T was released with Android 7, you'll see Google guarantees a "minimum 3 years of OS and security updates" for their smartphones.

Also, Apple has extended the "life" on all iPhones from the iPhone5S (2013), compatibility to run IOS for 5 years.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017

4. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2017

waldwolf, Dec 6, 2017 :
    And all those OxygenOS updates since the OP5 and OP5T were released, don't stay with them?

5. theshinybeast Marshmallow Dec 6, 2017

theshinybeast, Dec 6, 2017 :
    But as we ain´t got those devices, and they are Google and Apple ffs,two GIANTS, I ........
    [​IMG]

Bobbie63 likes this.
  6. theshinybeast Marshmallow Dec 6, 2017

And? Why such a hard on for Oneplus when all the others are the same. It´s a problem of all Android devices. I´m not a Oneplus fanboy, some things about them I really dislike to say the least but you just don´t get it that Android in general has the same problem. You prefer Apple? Fine get an iPhone great devices. You want a Pixel? Ditto. Prepare thy wallet.
    Or just unlock that bootloader and voila, latest of everything.

7. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2017

waldwolf, Dec 6, 2017 :
    Giants ???

You seem to forget, OnePlus is part of BBK Electronics, the LARGEST cellphone manufacturer in China and the 2nd. largest in the World.

Apple iPhones sales are way less than Samsung and even Huawei.

8. theshinybeast Marshmallow Dec 6, 2017

Kidding right? Google and Apple are monsters. They´re not just about the phones they, like Samsung, LG and to a lesser extent, Huawei, deal in a lot more than phones. By the way, Huawei are huge as well.

9. theshinybeast Marshmallow Dec 6, 2017

Fixed that for you.

10. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2017

waldwolf, Dec 6, 2017 :
    All the others don't do what OnePlus does: Lie., Make promises, and don't keep them. The list is endless.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017

11. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2017

waldwolf, Dec 6, 2017 :
    Obviously you haven't look into all of BBK's other businesses, unrelated to phones.

12. theshinybeast Marshmallow Dec 6, 2017

They do and you´re very innocent if you think they don´t. If you realise that you´ll be happier.

13. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2017

waldwolf, Dec 6, 2017 :
    Agree, but some people have one-track-minds and are short sighted. :D

14. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2017

waldwolf, Dec 6, 2017 :
    I'm very happy, I just don't like seeing innocent people being cheated and lied to.

Good night.

nilz22 likes this.
  15. theshinybeast Marshmallow Dec 6, 2017

Innocent and a wee bit gullible it has to be said. Good night.:)

16. loafer Eclair Dec 6, 2017

loafer, Dec 6, 2017 :
    Are you kidding me? Which phone company does something like what OP is doing?
    Besides I hate this thinking because company A is doing something bad then you can't criticize B doing same thing. They are equally all bad. If you cave like a sheep, next thing is you have no privacy at all. Dont tell me you dont care, there are plenty people who cares this stuff.

G_plusone likes this.
  17. Loveit Jelly Bean Dec 6, 2017

Mr. BG likes this.
  18. theshinybeast Marshmallow Dec 6, 2017

Do I know you? Accuse me of caving like a sheep, back it up mate. I'm neither defending nor accusing any OEM. Reality is, anyone who is totally for or totally against any OEM is kidding himself. They offer a product and you buy it or not. Up to you. You don't like it don't buy it. They ALL want your cash and if you think otherwise YOU are part of the flock, not me.

nilz22 and dsmonteiro like this.
  19. theshinybeast Marshmallow Dec 6, 2017

Elaborate. Doing what that I don't know already?

20. anupritaisno1 KitKat Dec 6, 2017

theshinybeast likes this.