Let's Talk About OxygenOS Analytics

1. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 6, 2017

Punk_69 likes this.
  2. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Dec 6, 2017

Mr. BG , Dec 6, 2017 :
    It is, also it is much more stable, haven't found any major errors so far.

Loveit and theshinybeast like this.
  3. loafer
    Eclair Dec 7, 2017

loafer , Dec 7, 2017 :
    Do I have to know you to say you cave like a sheep? This is internet, grow up! Your argument was like somebody caught a thief, you are saying: " hey, there are plenty thief not being caught, back off, let this thief go, go catch other thief."

4. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 7, 2017

theshinybeast , Dec 7, 2017 :
    Nope, I'm saying, yes OP do some shit stuff but all this acting as if they're the only ones doing it is stupid. I have and do criticise them for doing it but this is just ridiculous. Now you know, sell your OP phone, because your data is so important, and buy a phone from one of these really safe companies, not.
    Grow up you say, you're the one moaning about something in a place where you are highly unlikely to be heard. Pissing against the wind, trying to sound all righteous with a wet patch down the front of your trousers.

Bobbie63 and dsmonteiro like this.
  5. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Dec 7, 2017

dsmonteiro , Dec 7, 2017 :
    This ^^^^

Bobbie63 and theshinybeast like this.
  6. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 7, 2017

7. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Dec 7, 2017

dsmonteiro , Dec 7, 2017 :
    Quite pleased with it. Just a bit anxious about the Oreo beta, though. The tinkerer in me really wants to mess the phone up. :D

theshinybeast likes this.
  8. Z1511472515858
    Donut Dec 7, 2017

Z1511472515858 , Dec 7, 2017 :
    Hey Carl, you still haven't addressed the engineering mode issue. Till this is fixed, I am not able to add my work account to my phone. This is very disappointing support from OnePlus for not fixing this.

G_plusone likes this.
  9. G_Alexander_I_vZiE
    Froyo Dec 19, 2017

G_Alexander_I_vZiE , Dec 19, 2017 :

Here is how I celebrate:
    I got a phone made by other company ...no name as it going to be advertisement ... why?!

One year old phone and NO support.
    Your updates made the phone worst.
    You are waiting on google to fix your problems.
    You "friends" know more about me than google with your "analytics"

So ask why I celebrate this way...
    Because I never settle dealing with bull S**IT.

Friends....

Some bucks more solves the OP problem.

10. mevicks
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 7, 2018

mevicks , Jan 7, 2018 :
    @Carl
    Can we have a direct option to uninstall this app completely ? cn.oneplus.photos aka Shot on Oneplus

1. I dont want any app sending data to the same pesky open.oneplus.net url (https://www.chrisdcmoore.co.uk/post/oneplus-analytics/)

upload_2018-1-7_18-6-10.png

2. I dont care about this wallpaper thingy. For now ive removed it via adb but would love to have an easier option in the next ota:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb shell
    OnePlus3:/ $ pm uninstall -k --user 0 cn.oneplus.photos
    Success
    OnePlus3:/ $ exit

Edit: Forgot to mention i've already opted out of the user experience program but found this app sending the data nonetheless.

fostel, G_plusone and BeingIncog like this.
  11. AlexandreP
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2018

AlexandreP , Jan 14, 2018 :
    So if I understand what you're saying, the infamous "second stream" of presumed anonymized analytics is still present in OxygenOS 5.0.x, and still sends data even when a user chooses not to participate in the User Experience Program?

mevicks likes this.
  12. mevicks
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2018

mevicks , Jan 15, 2018 :

AlexandreP

So if I understand what you're saying, the infamous "second stream" of presumed anonymized analytics is still present in OxygenOS 5.0.x, and still sends data even when a user chooses not to participate in the User Experience Program?​

Exactly, my firewall adguard lists this stream in the blocked list automatically. Although i dont have the resource and time to reverse engineer the Apache side of the transaction this time for now ive completely removed this from v5.0.1 stable on OP3 and v4.7.1 stable on OP5T

AlexandreP likes this.
  13. Sudhakarkotnis
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

14. rarog
    Lollipop Senior Moderator Jan 23, 2018

15. apozas
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2018

fostel and gvaram like this.
  16. YASHPLUSONE
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 15, 2018

fostel and G_plusone like this.
  17. S1540535358840