Let's talk about Snapchat! (NOT the downtime issue)

1. saahill
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2018

saahill , Jul 24, 2018 :
    Hello there,

I've been using a OnePlus 6 since quite a while now, and it is clearly a very good device, a total bang for the buck! But there seems to be some compatibility issue with snapchat in the recent times.

The forums might be a wrong place to post but Oneplus did work with Snapchat before to smoothen out the issues of the OnePlus 5 (As far as I remember).

There is a significant drop in the quality of the image that snapchat captures. Even if its only a screenshot (snapchat uses the actual camera sensors only in the iPhone and the Pixel devices) , the Oil Painting effect is dramatically more evident in the snapchat images. Here's a sample.

1532419537691.jpg

And even when you pan the camera while recording a video, the edges of the direction of the panning are smudged with horizontal lines.
    Here's a sample - https://bit.ly/2uQSz4H

I'll even report this to Snapchat, but still want to know if Oneplus can do anything about this, because the oil painting effect is Oneplus's baby.
    Snapchat is a widely used App and hence Oneplus can take note and work on it.
    Can anybody help me in escalating this issue, if its worth it for the community. (it is for me)

@SoniaB @dsmonteiro

2. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Jul 24, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Jul 24, 2018 :
    All bug reports go here:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/
    As far as I know, snapchat doesn't really use the camera on any device that is not an iPhone or pixel, it just takes a screenshot of the view finder.

Mjo likes this.
  3. saahill
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2018

4. saahill
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2018

saahill , Jul 24, 2018 :
    It does use the camera 2 api for the Pixel devices and the visual core. IPhone I'm pretty sure its been the sensor since the beginning.
    However, it only uses the camera 1 api in other devices.

5. ngydat
    Lollipop Jul 24, 2018

ngydat , Jul 24, 2018 :
    Exactly, so all you can do now is to wait for Snapchat to update the app. There's nothing One Plus can do

6. saahill
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2018

saahill , Jul 24, 2018 :
    It's just the oil painting effect I'm talking about.

7. ngydat
    Lollipop Jul 24, 2018

ngydat , Jul 24, 2018 :
    Then it's not a Snapchat issue since some users complained about it but mentioned the camera app directly.

8. saahill
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2018

saahill , Jul 25, 2018 :
    The pictures from my camera App are fine. Its just snapchat that gives such images, so obviously I'll mention snapchat and not the camera App.

9. ngydat
    Lollipop Jul 25, 2018

ngydat , Jul 25, 2018 :
    Then good for you but like I said some users complained about this oil painting effect directly in the camera app. So if you have this effect only in Snapchat, contact Snapchat support. There's nothing One Plus can do