Oneplus should consider to make their phone water and dust resistant

3. csolerse
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2017

4. ahaasler
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2017

5. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Nov 8, 2017

youbi , Nov 8, 2017 :
    Personally the only place I feel that wireless charging could be useful is on cars and working with android auto, but since I don't have a car with either of those I'm not that worried. :p

And since my op5 battery lasts all day without any issues I don't really care about partial charging, I just enjoy it for the day and charge it a night (I know that dash charge doesn't needs that, but old habits die hard :sweatsmile: ).

Ohh, and there's also another negative side of wireless charging, metal back doesn't work (currently) for it so you would need to go either for plastic or glass/ceramic, and that kind of sucks since its one more thing that could break.

6. Deactivated User
    Nov 8, 2017

7. ladnishad
    Donut Nov 8, 2017

ladnishad , Nov 8, 2017 :
    Well, I agree with you. But I do feel we need a more portable dash charger. By that I mean if there was a powerbank that could dash charge the phone, then that would really be awesome.

8. KostasV
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2017

KostasV , Nov 8, 2017 :
    I prefer to have just dash charge and metal back than extra wireless charging and glass back.
    Stay full metal body. And don't raise the price.

9. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Nov 8, 2017

Serbian Overlord , Nov 8, 2017 :
    I had wireless charging on my Nexus 4 in 2012; over 5 years ago. It was good then, it's even better now. No one is saying to have 10 pads all over but I used to have one at work on my work desk (Nexus 4 pad was at 45 degree angle with magnet so it was perfect for using, viewing the phone AND charging) and one next to my bed at home. Not implementing one in 2017 is pure laziness and lack of ambition.

10. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 8, 2017

FlixbusLennart , Nov 8, 2017 :
    They can. But it will make things more expensive for them and thus for us, the end users.

11. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Nov 8, 2017

camohan , Nov 8, 2017 :
    Makes sense to me, atleast for the op5t.
    No one knows what new technology could come up in future. Currently seems reasonable to not have a wireless charging.

12. F_Wassim_Al_ihal
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2017

F_Wassim_Al_ihal , Nov 8, 2017 :
    wireless charging : you can use any quick charging adapter and cable.
    dash charging: it works only with the original adapter and cable, without it you do not have quick charging.
    End of story.

13. webbylavish
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2017

webbylavish , Nov 8, 2017 :
    Yes! That's a right decision.
    #NeverSettle #OnePlus #OnePlus5T

hafizabdullahshaikh likes this.
  14. nabil01717
    Froyo Nov 8, 2017

nabil01717 , Nov 8, 2017 :
    I love dash charge. But your excuse is not justified. Your statement is like you can't put Dash Charge if you implement Wireless charging. But that's not the case. I would appreciate if you discard this technology to keep the price low. But if that's not the case, then not implementing Wireless charging was a foolish move.

15. G_Sean_Hawley_rosE
    Eclair Nov 8, 2017

G_Sean_Hawley_rosE , Nov 8, 2017 :
    For me wireless charging is only for when I'm sleeping. Really the only time I'm in one place long enough to take advantage of the slow charge time. So it not being available doesn't matter to me at all. I don't know how they will get better but the problem with induction charging is heat. As you increase power the heat increases. I don't like the idea of heating up a coil normally placed on top of the lithium battery...

ritesh808 likes this.
  16. JoshuvaAntony
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 8, 2017

JoshuvaAntony , Nov 8, 2017 :
    Now that's a smart move! You are true about Dash Charge.
    But what we must talk about is dust and water resistant. Its still missing for OnePlus

G_Svend_Høst_EZKD likes this.
  17. florincostescu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 8, 2017

florincostescu , Nov 8, 2017 :
    Completely agree with your arguments.

My ZIK PARROT 3 EARPHONES are on wireless charging, completely useless. Cannot use them in the meantime, just looking at the beautiful wireless pad doing his job. I mean, who invented that nonsense?

The current technology is missing the final step, TO USE THE TERMINAL WHILE WIRELESS CHARGING.

18. mumarkhan
    Froyo Nov 8, 2017

mumarkhan , Nov 8, 2017 :
    I dont like wireless charging primarily because I have to use my phone while its charging which is not possible with wireless charging

hafizabdullahshaikh likes this.
  19. xland
    Froyo Nov 8, 2017

xland , Nov 8, 2017 :
    Pete, thanks for your insight on how you see wireless charging and its disadvantages. I would slightly disagree with the "perfectly aligned" part, but maybe thats down to personal expecations :)

For me wireless charging is just a very convenient way to drop the phone for the night (or on the desk at work) and have a fully charged phone to start into the day. I came to love this convenience, combined with an automated backup routine started once on the charge pad....

I guess it very much depends on personal usage patterns, your examples outline good examples where wireless charging is not perfect - this is why having both (wireless and wired fast charge) is probably a great idea :D

I would welcome the day OP decides to have wireless charging in their phones and for me it would be one of factors (although maybe not a major one) for the "buy" decision on a new phone.

rafiihaji likes this.
  20. OALEXANDER
    Indian POC Assistant Head Moderator Nov 8, 2017

OALEXANDER , Nov 8, 2017 :
    Keep rolling.;)