Let's talk about Wireless Charging

1. G_Ashutosh_Sharma_yXyy
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2018

G_Ashutosh_Sharma_yXyy , Jul 28, 2018 :
    OnePlus 6 have a glass back which can support wireless charging, hope you are aware of some future planning and expension.

2. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Jul 28, 2018

Kytharsis , Jul 28, 2018 :
    It can support it, yes, but the point is it's slower and heats the battery more than what's offered with the Dash Charge brick.

3. G_Ashutosh_Sharma_yXyy
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2018

G_Ashutosh_Sharma_yXyy , Jul 28, 2018 :
    Slower perfomance might be a reason for delaying this feature, but still there is some development going on and still there's some bright hope. And only on the basis of slow working you can't put a full stop on story. Dash changing is another thing nothing compared with wireless charging.

4. Kambanka
    Froyo Jul 30, 2018

Kambanka , Jul 30, 2018 :
    FALSE! Fast cable charging will always heat up battery more. Hands on experience - charging 4 phones wirelessly - battery heats up more with wired

5. Manfredd
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2018

Manfredd , Jul 31, 2018 :
    yeah...one plus x was a great phone...was just missing nfc...
    once y was reading that one plus will give lifetime assistance and replacement parts...
    but at the moment I need help with my one plus one...there was no assistance or solution. hurts my trust in one plus.

6. akashnandy
    Eclair Aug 9, 2018

7. waldwolf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2018

waldwolf , Aug 11, 2018 :
    There's an old saying...."Believe nothing you read and only half what you see."

What is the problem with your OnePlus One?

It has never been easy to find a reliable repair facility who are willing to work on a OnePlus One. Even in the early days, it was necessary to send your OnePlus One back to the factory in China for any minor repair, and that took literally months.

As the OnePlus One is more than 4 years old, and the fact only just over 1 million were ever made, about the only source for replacement parts, is going to be on the used phone market, like eBay, where broken and non-working phones are sold for parts.

8. G_Viru
    Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2018

9. Rubikboy8
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2018

10. AmitExpectations
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2018

AmitExpectations , Aug 13, 2018 :
    oneplus has to bring wireless charging in their phone on oneplus 6t or 7 due to tough competition from other brands in similar price bracket and not only wireless charging but ip 68 rating too. eg is lg g7 which is launch with same price tag but has both the features.

if they will not upgrade they will start to loose the market they have captured in last 4 years.

and if oneplus does not want to provide wireless charging option due to bad charging speed than they have to come out with some thing different but be more usefull to their customers to fight the competition.

11. udupa.karthikeya
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2018

udupa.karthikeya , Aug 14, 2018 :
    Wireless charging is mostly a vaporware when it comes to using. It never charges as fast as you need and it's not strong enough to charge while watching something on your phone.
    Its basically useless in most situations. Being said that, I certainly has its niche use cases but with its snail pace of advancement, it is useless.

12. G_Viru
    Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2018

13. kaide23
    Gingerbread Aug 18, 2018

kaide23 , Aug 18, 2018 :
    First of all, from the day I know there is a technology call wireless charging until today, never use it once. [e]1f601[/e]

14. udupa.karthikeya
    Cupcake Aug 18, 2018

udupa.karthikeya , Aug 18, 2018 :
    It started on Nokia and windows phone. But came to android later

15. el_magnifico
    Cupcake Aug 18, 2018

el_magnifico , Aug 18, 2018 :
    Wireless Charging is nothing what we really need.

Con:

1. It's slow
    2.Needs a charging pad, which is bigger than a Dash Charge wall plug
    3. Phone cannot be used during charge process
    4.Phone will become hot during charge
    5. Phone need to be exactly placed on the charge pad
    6. Charge pad needed

Pro:
    1. No cable is plugged during charge

Six valid cons against only one reason to use wireless charging.

Any further comments?

We all know this technology from electric tooth brushes, there should it belong, not on mobile phones *scnr*

16. waldwolf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 18, 2018

waldwolf , Aug 18, 2018 :
    One pro in favor of wireless charging you forgot was, it reduces the potential of damaging your phones "C" connector, when attaching or removing the "Dash Chargers" cable. o_O :p

17. Ben_27
    Eclair Aug 18, 2018

Ben_27 , Aug 18, 2018 :
    I don't understand. If wireless charging is so bad, it would be cool if Oneplus could create their own dash wireless charge.

akashnandy likes this.
  18. MADMAC05
    Froyo Aug 19, 2018

MADMAC05 , Aug 19, 2018 :
    I've never had a wireless charging anything in my life, so I would just like to know from those of you who did, what's the great thing of not having to plug a wire?! You still have to connect the pad to the socket and you have to put your phone on top of it... with micro usb c you don't even have to find which way is up and it literally takes a second to plug, so I don't see how "saving" (not really cause it's slow) 2 seconds a day is such a big thing...
    When you become able to charge your phone without it coming out of your pocket count me in, untill then... bah... just a gimmick.

Edit: I'm a lier... I have an electric toothbrush with wireless charging... Srry

19. el_magnifico
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2018

el_magnifico , Aug 19, 2018 :
    Sorry this is pointless.

USB C is specified for 10.000 plug in/out cycles.

Find better arguments pro wireless charging :)

20. el_magnifico
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2018

el_magnifico , Aug 19, 2018 :
    Creating something is more than mixing two marketing buzzwords. Smart engineers have to invent and develop such a solution....