Let's talk about Wireless Charging

1. X1515720841674
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2018

X1515720841674 , Aug 20, 2018 :
    Is wireless charging like WiFi where I can carry the phone around the house and yet get a fast charge??? If not it is a gimmick.

2. Blaze77
    Donut Aug 20, 2018

Blaze77 , Aug 20, 2018 :
    I guess it's better for OnePlus to wait it out till Wireless charging reaches a very high fast charging standard or development phase.

Then it will make much more sense than just introducing it just for the sake of it.

3. H1512084347369
    Eclair Aug 21, 2018

H1512084347369 , Aug 21, 2018 :
    agree quick charge is way better then the wireless charging.. pls stick to superior one plus dash charge

4. nirmalbis48
    Eclair Aug 21, 2018

nirmalbis48 , Aug 21, 2018 :
    not required, I just love the dash charging on the op devices since I have been an iPhone user and the time that that phone used to take as compared to the op6 device, it's like god has heard my prayers.....Man what a relief!![e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e]

5. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Aug 21, 2018

KeepTransisting , Aug 21, 2018 :
    Personally, until wireless charging is extremely efficient, fast, and doesn't heat up the phone; I'm fine without it.

Kytharsis likes this.
  6. G_GMeeuw_75_rfFq
    Cupcake Aug 21, 2018

7. Nilesh P Kumar
    Eclair Aug 22, 2018

Nilesh P Kumar , Aug 22, 2018 :
    All fine, I agree that wireless charging is less convincing that dash charging, but then have a inferior glass back, which is prone to break then a much superior both in terms of look and durability Metallic glass, which even looks classy.
    I think OP6 would have been much better with a Metallic back such as in OP5T

8. Nilesh P Kumar
    Eclair Aug 22, 2018

Nilesh P Kumar , Aug 22, 2018 :
    All fine, I agree that wireless charging is less convincing that dash charging, but then have a inferior glass back, which is prone to break then a much superior both in terms of look and durability Metallic glass, which even looks classy.
    I think OP6 would have been much better with a Metallic back such as in OP5T.

AmitExpectations likes this.
  9. Rakesh_Kumar_T_
    Jelly Bean Aug 22, 2018

Rakesh_Kumar_T_ , Aug 22, 2018 :
    Provide wireless charging to OnePlus phones when the technology is actually wireless. Current concept isn't convenient for plug and play usage. Some day wireless charging would be in such a way that a power brick is plugged into the wall and we can roam almost everywhere in our little home using our device onhand ,charging the device,without any necessity of wires.

10. AmitExpectations
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2018

AmitExpectations , Aug 22, 2018 :
    i support his view point that is if Oneplus doesnot want to provide the wireless charging than why it has made the glass back which is much prone to be breakable , it would be better if Oneplus 6 is body made of material which is light and stronger . i feel that Oneplus 6 is also some what weighty with 177gms deu to its glass back approach whereas competitor's are providing with 150 to 160 gms.

11. orrin.watson
    Cupcake Aug 24, 2018

orrin.watson , Aug 24, 2018 :
    My #1 reason for wireless charging is that, when it comes to ports, usage leads to breakage. After about a year of daily inserting and removing of a charging cable, the port gets loose, both internally and externally. If you ever accidentally yank the cord, you shorten that life... it's just real-world stuff - wireless charging means my phone is safe from breakage due to constantly maneuvering the physical port.

12. theoneplusaccount
    Cupcake Aug 24, 2018

akashnandy likes this.
  13. AmitExpectations
    Gingerbread Aug 24, 2018

AmitExpectations , Aug 24, 2018 :
    oneplus 6 cannot have now a wireless charging thats the fact and that need to be accepted and Oneplus cannot sell Oneplus 6t without incorporating it looking at the competition hence no point to discuss this further

14. G_Turbo_Rooster_jxyJ
    Eclair Aug 24, 2018

G_Turbo_Rooster_jxyJ , Aug 24, 2018 :
    I kinda wish they made the cable not as thick

15. MADMAC05
    Froyo Aug 24, 2018

MADMAC05 , Aug 24, 2018 :
    there is one little thing called commas ( , )...
    Google it, it's going to change your world!!!

16. AmitExpectations
    Gingerbread Aug 24, 2018

AmitExpectations , Aug 24, 2018 :
    loving,this,world,so,much,that, i,dont, want,to,change,my,world

17. MADMAC05
    Froyo Aug 24, 2018

MADMAC05 , Aug 24, 2018 :
    lol. At least I could understand this sentence better than the previous one. Keep up the good work.

18. BenGarbutt1989
    Donut Aug 25, 2018

19. G_Mitchou_Ptchou_SjmZ
    Froyo Aug 26, 2018

G_Mitchou_Ptchou_SjmZ , Aug 26, 2018 :
    Yesterday someone removed the jack port, today they use USB-C with dongle instead and call it an innovation... (uh up to 10Gbps speed)

Hurra we can charge the phone through USB-C, listen music from that port, but can't (multi-task) charge via cable and listen music without another dongle, but somehow we can't stream video through the USB-C port on the phone, but it works on laptops...

Today it's USB-C with adapter, tomorrow it's wireless charging, wireless earpods or USB-C dongle + wireless charging..

2017/2018, two years where all smartphone companies must have laughed "let's sell them notches, chins and promote it as a feature..., this should give us 2-3 years before getting rid of the notch and chin"... All CEO's must have grouped together to have come to the same idea? After Essential Phone almost all smartphone that came out with the same design 10-20% difference. No coincidence... It's take 6-12 months of engineering to bring the product... And you are telling me that all those companies had the same idea? Can someone calculate the probability? Thanks.

So if OP talks about wireless charging, go for it, but do it better than all other companies did before. I don't want my phone, my watch, my earpods to be lying on a charging pad like Apple plans to do, while I can use it during that time. I want a charged wireless pad in my bag and all my devices are charging from it remotely instead without using 3 wired cables. Why can't my phone wireless charge my watch or my earphones in the meantime while I am walking without my charging pad? Wireless charging should be bi-directionnel in order to be useful. Magnets also attract each other.

Imagine, your friend is almost out of battery, "hey can you share some juice? I forgot my charging pad." Call it Wireless Share-Charge, We-Charge, Common-Charge, Power-Juice or whatever you want since I am not that creative. The PR department will find something.

Cheers, have a great day.

"May our dreams come true, when technology is at its peak."

20. konomasa
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2018