Let's talk about Wireless Charging

1. konomasa
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2018

konomasa , Aug 27, 2018 :
    why is everyone talking about Poco F1 when you wasn't even thinking about it; and you thought oneplus was the best budget phone ever for the specs y'all got faulty loyalty. I'll stay stay loyal to OP.

2. A1535408998219
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2018

3. AmitExpectations
    Gingerbread Aug 28, 2018

AmitExpectations , Aug 28, 2018 :
    just enjoy your oneplus 6 for a year or two and than change it till than dont bother about other mobiles as tech changes every month.....its a mobile industry....u dont have to care about oneplus company ...many experts are sitting there to take decisions..

4. kinlineliu
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2018

laocheebye likes this.
  5. V1534993839732
    Froyo Aug 28, 2018

6. JohnS
    Gingerbread Aug 28, 2018

JohnS , Aug 28, 2018 :
    Actually why we need dash charge (or other proprietary "fast charge" technologies) when we are using USB C, which has the royalty free Power Delivery standard??

7. kitgerrits
    Cupcake Aug 29, 2018

kitgerrits , Aug 29, 2018 :
    To me, Qi charging was very convenient when I had standby duty and wanted to be able to check my phone and continue charging without turning on my night light to plug in the cable.
    The lower wattage is also not necessarily a problem, as you can charge your phone over 6 hours.
    What was a problem, was the heat:
    Qi charging means converting the electricity to a magnetic/electric field and converting it back to electricity, which is only 50% efficient at best.
    This means that the other 50% is lost in conversion and converted to heat, right below your battery.

With my tiny Samsung S3 battery that was not a problem, but I don't want to think about charging a big, modern battery with Qi.

These days, I charge my phone in my car.
    30 mins out and 30 mins return is enough to charge the phone all the way.
    The only time I use my bedside charger is when I haven't left the house.

8. Asumos
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 1, 2018

Asumos , Sep 1, 2018 :
    docking stations can perfectly align the phone and the pad. so that's no excuse. I don't see why dash charge can't be left in for when I've drained my phone and in a hurry to charge up. Add wireless charging to a dock I can set my phone on as I jump into bed makes things easier, don't care if it takes more time to charge then dash... typically I am sleeping for a few hours anyways.

9. lex.ionkin
    Eclair Sep 5, 2018

lex.ionkin , Sep 5, 2018 :
    I do not see any point of wireless charger until the wireless charger becomes wireless itself. It is more convenient to use a wire if I want to do some actions on my phone. + As it was mentioned, it is still faster option to charge OnePlus.

10. AmitExpectations
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2018

AmitExpectations , Sep 6, 2018 :
    may be in future wireless charging may charge phone faster thn normal charger....we all should support technology to grow. its a feature and by including it it doesn't mean thn u cannot charge ur phone by normal charger and since oneplus comes in premium category phones it should hav tht feature, its than upon us to use it or not.

lex.ionkin likes this.
  11. G_Robert_Hansl_ovnh
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2018

G_Robert_Hansl_ovnh , Sep 23, 2018 :
    To all who see no point in it: Do you guys have a car with integrated wireless charger? No? There are these things out there in the world and they are great for people who care about not having those ugly cables lying around and don't want to plug their phones in like it's 1998. We live in 2018. It's a shame, that a company that claims they'll never settle is so stubborn about a feature that every major flagship phone has gotten already. Yes it's a first-world-problem. But I live in Germany so it's ok to have those problems in a first-world-country. That's why I paid over 400€ for a OP3 and don't just buy the cheapest shit. For now I use the after-market Qi Charge pad, but sometimes the dash charger would be useful...

12. K1542897234904
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2018

K1542897234904 , Nov 22, 2018 :
    Hi there!

Wireless charging is surely a very nice feature that is missing on OnePlus phones!

I tried wireless charging for over two years and it is even more useful than I thought.

My use case is at work. I am mostly sitting at my desk, my phone lying down next to my computer.

With wireless charging, I can just put it on the pad, and it slowly charges through the day. When I leave work, my battery is at 100%. I can take my phone in my hands when needed without having to worry about all the cables. I can put it down on the pad and it just starts charging. No need to connect anything!

Regards,

Alex

anderin and wilsmits like this.
  13. V1540710484077
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2018

14. nipunanr
    Froyo Nov 22, 2018

nipunanr , Nov 22, 2018 :
    Wireless charging is good just for showoff. Oneplus, please wait till wireless technology get fast & efficient. No need to put useless wireless charging, when having one of world's fastest charging technology in hand. Introduce something like "Warp Dock by Oneplus" to put the device into dock and play music and do other stuff with the help of Google Assistant (Don't even try to go for something like Bixby or Siri , etc) while charging the device.
    [e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️

15. V1540710484077
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2018

V1540710484077 , Nov 22, 2018 :
    sorry iam not talking about charging or volt iam saying to add all pin in one charger socket so it can be used in all countries with carrying extra adapter.

16. YRJ
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2018

YRJ , Nov 22, 2018 :
    okay since it has been a while since this post was posted.....
    @Pete would you like to comment in the present day scenario?

17. V1540710484077
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2018

18. W1540386112110
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2018

W1540386112110 , Nov 22, 2018 :
    I personally think that it's the future and if you can have it, why not have the option?

It doesn't have to replace the fantastic dash chargre but as an option I'd like to see it because the world we live in is building wireless charging into everyday products.

Cars, kitchens etc are being constructed with it and by refusing to add it, you are stating your device is not future proof.

This makes me think its a long term strategy to have something you want in the next model to make you buy it.

I'm holding off the 6t and hope to see it in the 7.

19. V1540710484077
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2018

V1540710484077 , Nov 22, 2018 :
    hope next model 7/7t/5g comes with fastest WiFi universel charging pin.
    If one phone (lock/unlocked) then y not one charger for all countries.

20. 6TBag
    Froyo Jan 2, 2019

6TBag , Jan 2, 2019 :
    Wireless charging is a gimmick, for now. As with a lot of "cool" gimmicky features that are brand new, I'm sure wireless charging will be the norm as the technology improves. I personally don't see the advantage of wireless charging at this point. It's not saving any wires, it's slow and it's not that big of an issue to pull a USB C cable out of your phone if you're charging it wired. The warp charge on my 6T McClaren is amazing and if I had a choice between warp charge and wireless charging, I would choose warp charge every time.